Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Gender Is Equinox

Cy_Hystrix

The devs said 'he' at one point in the devstream, though, and 'she' at another point, if I remember correctly...

Shouldn't that answer the question? That said, I asked the burning question on Twitter, and now I'm wondering if they're just holding back to watch the forums squirm entertainingly.

Scott talked in general about Equinox at the start of the demonstration and refered to it as she. Later Steve jokingly said "He's killing them as he goes. *laughing*" in reference to how easily Equinox was killing the enemies. I would be more inclined to go with what Scott said as he wasn't joking at the time.

I hope they answer the question in a devstream, someone already started another one of these threads in general discussion.

Edited by Postal_pat

why do people assume that a Female cant be balanced? It doesnt HAVE to be male and female to be considered balanced. Equinox has a masculine form and feminine form, thats where its balance lies. If you look at the base frame, its clearly a she. She can be both masculine and femine, she can both heal or harm.

its not that we assume it can't, it's that it is based off of either anima/animus or yin/yang. both of these are ideas with separate genders relating to one another. A female form wouldn't be balanced in this sense.

the base frame is very gender neutral in appearance however, a stereotypical feminine body shape with all other signs of femininity removed

the day form is bulkier with a much more masculine build

the night form the opposite.

hope this helps.

Personally, I say Equinox is a pair of twins, with the day being male (Animus) and the night being female (Anima).  Then an accident in the Void (maybe just exposure to it) caused the two bodies to merge, and then we got Equinox.  In battle, they switch control so often because their abilities complement the other's so well, but in times of peace they share the body.  Of course, the actual body itself is completely genderless, having the genitalia of neither gender.

[sips tea]  But that's none of my business.

They're some shade of nonbinary, methinks. Genderfluid perhaps, or bigender, or even totally agender.

Considering Chroma, a "male" frame, was last introduced, I hope the next frame DE releases is a "female" frame next to really drive Equinox's duality home.

is this satire, or to be taken seriously.

anyway, i will have to go with the obvious

composite= neuter

day = male

night = female

just from appearances and what they are based off of.

however it could not matter, seeing as some theories (mono tenno master race) would allow for the user of the frame to be either gender, so it wouldnt really matter, the gender of the suit that is.

Appears to be female, even the "male" side, if you dont want to see it its ok

Even though I'm fine if DE declared Equinox to be female, male or hermaphrodite or androgynous, I think Exodus is a pair of siamese twins of male and female. That would make sense since you have to build 2 separate warframes. Either that of it's a female warframe where the male twin was absorbed in the womb and only manifested after she got her powers, so the combined form looks more female than male.

Due to the whole way we gender swap between warframes anyway, I've honestly decided that I just really do not care either way. 

Personally I feel like I'm playing a male frame when I'm in day form, and a night when I'm in female form. When in composite form on the liset or relay the frame definitely feels more stereotypically feminine. 

But like I said, it really doesn't matter to me. I enjoy playing Equinox for the fun abilites... and the cool theme. Don't ultimately care what the gender is technically supposed to be in any form. 

Both look pretty much alike in body shape to me.

Day actually gets massive shoulder width increase, not that it necessarily defines gender or anything like that, just the fact there are some physical changes there. Armor padding couldn't even account for the arms becoming farther apart.

Doesn't this just go back to the question of "What happens when we switch to a warframe of a different gender?"

Does a different tenno put on the suit?

Do tenno have only one gender/sex?

Are the warframes just designed to fit all genders even if it doesn't aesthetically represent the wearers gender?

Personally I think Equinox is a hermaphrodite as it fits the yin yang theme by being both male and female.

Hopefully we can get past this so we can ask the more important questions regarding warframe's lore, like does Chroma identify as dragonkin?

• 1 month later...

I feel like I'm gonna be lynched for saying this. You must remember that a warframe's build is represented by the individual underneath it, the armor is obviously not part of the build. Day has a muscular build but no identifyable gender. Night is quite skinny which makes it seem like a female but there is no noticable breasts. The combined frame is both muscular and skinny, it's possible for a woman to be both skinny in one area and muscular in another, but the game has a clear representation for female frames.

I feel like I'm gonna be lynched for saying this. You must remember that a warframe's build is represented by the individual underneath it, the armor is obviously not part of the build. Day has a muscular build but no identifyable gender. Night is quite skinny which makes it seem like a female but there is no noticable breasts. The combined frame is both muscular and skinny, it's possible for a woman to be both skinny in one area and muscular in another, but the game has a clear representation for female frames.

'Sup, Nekros. How ya been? Necro any threads lately?