Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Gender Is Equinox

Cy_Hystrix

Equinox`s gender was already concluded as female.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503478-building-warframe-equinox/

Rebecca reiterated the same.

Hell, DC even voted on her gender. Equinox is female.

People looking to have a controversial fight for social points, need to calm down. A simple question about the character`s gender is fine and no cause for derision.

Equinox is constant female. Her form are based on which part of her personality is more dominant at the moment. The night form is Animus dominant, the Day form is Anima dominant.

Every person has both Anima and Animus parts of their personalities, but one of them is stronger. Equinox can switch between dominant personality parts, but her gender stays the same.

Think of it as: more masculine, less masculine. Not male or female.

People are still entitled to make their own minds up and have their own theories.

Except when the creators of something directly state otherwise, then your theories are proven incorrect.

If I draw a picture of a car, and you insist its a picture of a tree, you aren't expressing your own opinion, you are just wrong.

Except when the creators of something directly state otherwise, then your theories are proven incorrect.

If I draw a picture of a car, and you insist its a picture of a tree, you aren't expressing your own opinion, you are just wrong.

Officially sure, but we can pretend in our own head whatever we want when we play. ; ) 

But if I have my own reasons for thinking it's actually a tree then I am free to go ahead and do that and anyway in the example of Equinox it's more like the devs are showing me a tree and saying it's car. They say it's female but the day form looks male to me, not masculine, male.

Especially considering that even the devs were calling it 'he' up to the last minute. I think they weren't sure themselves so I'm taking their final official word with a pinch of salt.

Night aspect is female, day aspect is... uhm, crossdressing female.

Eh, can bulky armour be considered crossdressing? I mean sure if it's designed to fit the charateristics of a male body it would be crossdressing. However (lore time! :D) these suits are built around the tenno therefore it's more like tailored to her thus can't really be crossdressing. Unless we base what is crossdressing around what society thinks a person should wear......eh.

On another topic, I like the first concept they showed. The current one just has too much going on with those rags.

02YinAndYangSketches.jpg

Eh, can bulky armour be considered crossdressing? I mean sure if it's designed to fit the charateristics of a male body it would be crossdressing. However (lore time! :D) these suits are built around the tenno therefore it's more like tailored to her thus can't really be crossdressing. Unless we base what is crossdressing around what society thinks a person should wear......eh.

On another topic, I like the first concept they showed. The current one just has too much going on with those rags.

02YinAndYangSketches.jpg

I'm referring to how in history, females have disguised themselves by wearing male armor. The result being, an otherwise inconspicuous male, but with oddly bulky chests and thighs. The best known historical example would be Mulan.