Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of 10 What Do You Think Of U17 So Far?

warpath514

2 so far.

Good Movement system

Equinox is a pain to farm
The Kubrow Incubation Chamber is a patch that we have to for some reason work for, despite it being 100% necessary
The new quest is RNG based, so is terrible, as we may never get to try it
As the Utility Mod can only be unlocked after doing this RNG based Quest, it's stuck being a very long paywall
The Twin Grakata.... need I say more.... really? DUAL PISTOLS OF SUB MACHINEGUNS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!

2/10 parkour 2.0 makes me feel insanely slow compared to the old way

also 8 parts on one boss is too insane it too me so many runs to get all the parts

THE RNG QUEST WHY WHY WHY

other then that its pretty good, would give higher score but RNG slapped me in the face and tried to curb stomp me

Edited by rechot

Currently

A 7/10

The new movement system is nice and wonderful, but I'm rarely using it atm considering almost all the maps are long linear hallways, but it is fun to dodge and hope around like a bunny

The guns are the same old

Game play is still the same

The new frame is a pain in the butt to get with it having 6 different parts and being considered two different frames

Grindframe is still the same

its basically...eh, its alright

Edited by Amethyst.zero

8/10 - The tilesets are impressive. Very impressive. New parkour system is excellent. I have yet to do the quest yet so 8/10 for now

2/10 parkour 2.0 makes me feel insanely slow compared to the old way

also 8 parts on one boss is too insane it too me so many runs to get all the parts

THE RNG QUEST WHY WHY WHY

other then that its pretty good

Bullet jump lad. Learn to use it.

Edited by Zarozian

The new frame is a pain in the butt to get with it having 6 different parts and being considered two different frames

You need 8 parts, the system chassis and helmet PLUS the BP of the individual aspects. 

7/10

Parkour still needs tweaks and pace improvements.

Sharkwing is too slow.

Some bugs but they will get fixed.

Utility slot costs points! Makes it more like a chore than a Blessing. And it should only cost 1 forma to craft.

Dx12 support missing :D

Kubrow building RNG is insanely annoying.

I don't mind the RNG of Equinox it wasn't that bad. You'll need to farm it once, Kubrow on the other side can take you weeks of Egg and Argon Crystal farming.

Edited by Alluka

3/10 - good amount of new stuff but;

i literally hate parcour 2.0, its so slow compared to older (non coptering) movement

equinox grind is horrible, even the manics are stronger than regor

new market/general layout - the older one was clear, the new one is not

sharkwing orientation is awful

etc, etc, etc

waiting for a fix, then i will be satisfied

4/10

the new movement is great

something I was not expecting at all I was very ready to *@##$ and moan about it

kinda bummed I don't need to now

the turrets are interesting they just need more open areas to benefit from

new tile set is nice until you go underwater, where you'll find you have almost no space to move around, that's further reduced thanks to the underwater mushrooms of doom

the whole underwater areas feel cluttered as all hell too. it would be nice to have a whole node dedicated to just underwater and open the whole thing up

and speed my damn archwing up under water, its like I'm flying through jello

equinox takes a minimum of 6 1/2 days which, come the F*** on DE

the RNG getting equinox is sad to see as well, lucky for me I hate the way equinox looks so I wont have to wade through that thick field of BS

good luck to the rest of you

new quest being RNG is pretty stupid as well

I don't like the quests at all in the first place so it doesn't bother me personalty

until you lock the new slot behind that mother #@*&$@

kubrows should have just been updated instead of putting it behind a pay wall

that said the changes are nice, not great, nice

haven't tried the new weapons and don't care to

I do like the new alt fire button

then there was the whole

UPDATE 17 THREADNAUGHT [NOT EVEN CLOSE EDITION]

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

so yeah main thing here was the new movement, I like it

rest of the patch was just fluff or packing peanuts

*edit*

after playing through uranus some more gotta come back and say I really enjoy the new tileset

(aside from the sub sections those suck)

the uranus defense was very nice with all that space and the rotating defense targets

I also like the boss fight. aside from his teleporting BS, this is one of if not the best boss fights in the game, great job

updated score

5.5/10

Edited by FoxyKabam

I'm loving the new parkour, feels fluid and i learned it easily.

the shotguns are fun now, although the hek now feels a little over powered and the strun wraith feels... unusuable with it's nerfs.

the quest was impeccible, with lots of new fun things to do in it, the last mission could totally be an alternative to normal defence IMO

the new boss fight is actually pretty good, much better than the normal boss fights, I like it.

The alternative weapon fire is a great update, although I miss being able to M-3 to cast an ability lazily.

only issues I have is that the strun/kohm need some love, and the RNG isn't the best idea, if it was a specific thing that was needed (I.E. solo only, or going to assassinate tyl 3 times in 1 day for example) it'd be better. RNG technically means that some people can never obtain it.

9/10

Love everything. Equinox wasn't too hard to farm, like 20 solo runs? Shotguns rule now. Parkour 2.0 is awesome and works so well and I like more than coptering, feels like you have more control. Rng quest wasn't hard to get. Just run couple missions while leveling weapons and bang! There they are! Grineer ship improvements looks cool and new infested crewman looks too cool. Only little annoyment is exilis and how they work but I think I can live with that. 

And of course mobile defence and defence improvements! I love it!!! More and different places to defend in mobile defence? Ah so good. Actually I rise my score to 10/10.

Edited by Nospaz

Wouldnt go over 3/10 

What he said 

Equinox is a pain to farm
The Kubrow Incubation Chamber is a patch that we have to for some reason work for, despite it being 100% necessary
The new quest is RNG based, so is terrible, as we may never get to try it
As the Utility Mod can only be unlocked after doing this RNG based Quest, it's stuck being a very long paywall
The Twin Grakata.... need I say more.... really? DUAL PISTOLS OF SUB MACHINEGUNS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!

They said they wanted to reduce grind, we now have a warframe that require 8 parts to craft. 8 parts all dropping from the same boss ...

What conclusion are we supposed to draw from that ...

Parkour is so sloooow. Coptering wasnt perfect but at least it wasnt as boring as continously pressing "ctrl+space space".

Zipline and wallrun is fun if we actually had to use them, which is like 3% of the time ...

A lot of powder in the eyes as usual

Edited by Zerdfer

yay for artificially increasing the longevity of the new "content". Warfarm continues to live up to it's name.

New utility slot:

1) Not account wide.

2) Blueprint not reuseable.

3) 2 formas to make - contrary to popular belief not everyone has hundreds of these, and that's 48 hours of wait time alone.

4) Has to be made for every frame you wish to unlock the utility slot on. Especially nice if you enjoy playing lots of different frames.

5) Apparently requires super grindy RNG based quest to "get".

New warframe:

1) Needs to be made twice - this is more than a week of wait time just to build the frame

2) Eight parts that all drop from the same boss.

3) RNG is fun.

Kubrow Incubator upgrade:

1) Pay 175 platinum to buy it

or

2) Requires clan research

Conclave:

Couldn't care less.

Overall the only positives for me so far are the removal of stamina, the new movement system which is quite nice, and the shot gun buffs.

So I give it a 4/10.

Edited by f3llyn

7/10

Parkour 2.0 has it's ups and downs but personally I'm enjoying it a bit more than the buggy and unresponsive mess that was Parkour 1.0. I'm also a very happy Dragkoon user right now thanks to the shotgun buff. Still building the new weapons, usual amount of grind and waiting for those. Not a fan of 8 part requirement for Equinox or the RNG quest, but tbh I think they've made worse time gates to unlock a new frame in the past.