Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of 10 What Do You Think Of U17 So Far?

warpath514

9/10

The only reason it's not Tenno/10 is because the new tile-sets are commonly buggy and sometimes not intuitive at all. Example: There's an Extermination Sharkwing mission where it's very easy to get stuck trying to figure out where ANY of the enemies are after a while because you have to go to a very specific little passage which is easy to miss underwater and the nav points you the wrong way.

Parkour 2.0 is great. Coptering was always stupid and really never should have existed. The myriad details and improvements are fantastic. The new quest is great and yes it's based on RNG, but so what? Just wait and it will happen for you. It is absolutely worth the wait, imo.

New frame is cool, new boss fight is fun and challenging.

It's all good all around.

9/10 

Parkour is great but still need some buff to make everyone happy. (dunno make bulletjump faster or make a mod for it)

Shotgun mods where nice....but the nerf on the sellected few hit them hard.

The new frame is accesable easyer than Messa so it's fine.

New tilesets are nice but still not gonna make me play more Archwing.

GJ DE. Keep it up.

Parkour 2.0: I consider it to be a bit slow, but fun to use. Still not used to wall latching...it feels glitchy. This is where most of the points come from. 9/10

Mission changes: I like the changes to Capture missions and MD missions. Don't feel much of a difference in Defense missions. 8/10

Shotgun buffs: I am glad, that something was done although I think that they went a bit too far. I can't deny that I feel salty about the combination of the over the top Hek buff and the Hek special offer. Can't understand the nerfs on the so far "viable" shotguns either. 4/10

Equinox: I consider this to be one of the two stinky piles of s*** in this Update. It is a new level of grind and I don't like the build time. I also consider it being underpowered. 2/10

Exilus: This is the other pile. It is totally overpriced and difficult to farm. RNG-based standing is one of the most stupid ideas they ever had. 0/10

Sharkwing: Well what should I say. I didn't have any expectations and they didn't even manage to match them. 0/10

Tyl Regor et al: I hate Manics with a passion and I am very displeased that there is an encounter built around them (without them being changed). I like the tile set though. 3/10

Lex Prime: I like it. 10/10

Overall 5/10

Apart from constantly being frozen under water, walking underwater (meaning i gotta abort mission to get out most of the time), using archwing outside the water, constant crashes and some weird minor comical glitches, i might have liked u17. My problem though is the really bad loss in my overall fps. I usually run warframe on medium/high settings with anti aliasing before, but now it seems like ill have to drop those things to low to get back my smooth game play. However i'd rather play something else than an ugly warframe.

Means nothing to you but it does to us experiencing those bugs. So good for you i say.

There surely were archwing glitches, but i honestly haven't gotten those bugs that forces you to abort the mission. This is me talking after doing like 100 tyl regor fights.

Constant crashes is what baffles me. It really doesn't happen to me at all. If you cannot run the game at medium to high, then you might want to turn that AA option off, since it's really not that necessary, if you want to increase performance a bit.

Also, It could be your system causing the game to crash. If it's not a wide-spread problem within the whole game that is.

Tyl Regor et al: I hate Manics with a passion and I am very displeased that there is an encounter built around them (without them being changed). I like the tile set though. 3/10

To me, the manics really made the fight action packed and fun. The feeling when I shoot those manics in the head, followed by them dying amidst of chaotic fight is pretty good. It honestly made me actually try aiming better. The manics don't really lock us down on ground that frequently anymore, which is a huge plus. Also, you can track them down looking at their visible light on their body.

There surely were archwing glitches, but i honestly haven't gotten those bugs that forces you to abort the mission. This is me talking after doing like 100 tyl regor fights.

Constant crashes is what baffles me. It really doesn't happen to me at all. If you cannot run the game at medium to high, then you might want to turn that AA option off, since it's really not that necessary, if you want to increase performance a bit.

Also, It could be your system causing the game to crash. If it's not a wide-spread problem within the whole game that is.

Dude just because you aren't experiencing them doesn't mean others aren't. Go check the U17 bug thread and be amazed, there are multiple posts by other people on these issues. Besides, the game ran just fine before u17. There was no need to lower my settings. 

6/10

Parkour is too slow and unreliable. If you hit even so much as a bump in your path and try to bullet jump it can send you into the ceiling or off in another direction. There are things I like about it like the new enemies, weapons and capes but the incubator and quest....WTF DE

Edited by WraithAngel

9/10. The lex prime buff was amazing.

The movement is far more streamlined and less annoying than the old one. Trying to run up walls and other parkour maneuvers were clunky and half the time just unresponsive. I no longer have to use a certain melee to zip around.

Boy did I love trying to wall run up an area where you had to and your character just jumped, repeatedly../sarcasm

This update has issues sure, but Faaar less bugs than previous updates. Every update has new shiny bugs.. it's what happens when you change something. There was an update that had 10+ Hot fixes before the first actual week patch because it had so many game crashing bugs. Not to mention all the things they had changed in with it.

Tyl Regor is one of my favorite bosses to fight now. His mechanics and overall arena is fun to fight in.

The under water tile set is amazing and a blast to see. When I saw the Grineer submarines digging something out it took me a while to notice it was a Orokin ship.

Dude just because you aren't experiencing them doesn't mean others aren't. Go check the U17 bug thread and be amazed, there are multiple posts by other people on these issues. Besides, the game ran just fine before u17. There was no need to lower my settings. 

If there isn't game breaking bugs that render so many people unplayable I'm not complaing over small bugs that pop up. I'm not arguing just because I don't experience it. Bugs pop up all the time. Real unfortunate for you, but I don't have any issues.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

10/10 Most patches should be like this. Lots of popular fixes, lots of new content, minimal bugs (the ones that are there are more funny than annoying or game destabilizing) and the movement has been considerably improved. There is room for improvement, but I seriously could not ask for more from a patch.

And I say that as a person who needed 70 runs for all pieces of Equinox.

Equinox 9.5/10   very nice frame, tad hard to mod for ALL abilities, but I managed with primed mods and 4 forma

New kubrow Chesa  1/10 i've gone through so many eggs and still haven't gotten it. :c 

Tyl Regor 7/10 he dies too quick, but he's pretty neat and his voice is gr8 

Archwing underwater 3/10 vision is very very limited, and it can be tough to get out of the water especially in regors phases

New parkour 7/10 still learning neat tricks, overall good. annoying to chase down people in pvp. 

New quest 9.5/10 - took a long time to get it, but man was it worth it

Over all score; 9/10

Edited by Vesiga

7/10

Frost's re-work !!!!

The new tileset.

The new boss battle.

Parkour 2.0.

The new mods (especially covert lethality).

The new rifle.

Exilus slot.

The defense change seems nifty.

Prime changes

Stamina's removal

Sorta liked:

Much of the Shotgun buff .

The cosmetics of the kubrow stuff .

Did not like:

The shotgun nerfs (rather needless... impossible to argue though).

The incubator upgrade is still asking people who paid for stuff

...to pay for more stuff

....to get access to the stuff they paid for to begin with.

It's a step in the right direction (Thanks Rebecca!) but it's also one step short of the step that should have been taken.

Meaningful Quest based Lore being locked behind a RNG-wall.

The odd bugs associated with this update( seeing lots of whiffs and misses in melee since this patch... Could be issues with me since I just updated to Windows 10.

Edited by Padre_Akais

9/10 if it wasn't for Natah RNG quest.

-Parkour 2.0 is bloody awesome, specially with Zephyr.

-New mods are great. Covert Lethality is beyond great.

-New Weapons are interesting with almost unique mechanics (ahem Harpak)

-Uranus Tilest is beautiful. Sharkwing is incredible and blends well with normal game. Tellurium is easier to farm.

-Tyl Regor Boss Fight is amazing. I would do it 100 times if I had too.

-Equinox is a decent frame with some unique mechanics. Night Form bends well with Covert Lethality. Day Form does up to 100k damage with some time.

-PVP is a lot better now without Coptering and with Parkour 2.0

-Shotguns are great fun to use and are usable now.

-Frost Rework was pretty much necessary. He is worthy now.

-Natah Quest is beyond RNG, but It's a Lore Bomb.

Bugs are to be expected. They don't count for me.

its ok .. but ... how the hell can i get the natah quest. ive done titania 1000 times but no dron turned up ... is that a bug again for "buframe"?

If that was a bug, no one would have been able to get the quest. There's no way you're getting "bugged" from getting the quest.

I can't find it right now but Steve said that the more missions you do in the new underwater tileset, the more chances of you getting that drone to appear.

The light flickers only once, and the sound is very unique from other things. The drone has some flashy energy around it, so it's easy to spot.

2/10

Shotgun buffs: nerfed too many shotguns.

Parkour 2.0: still have a lot things to be improved.

Frost rework: fine but not excellent, it's like a buff, not rework tho.

New Warframe: still building, can not feedback...

New weapons: not special... xp fodder.

Melee bug is worse now, dual cleaves can not hit things.

*Overall way too many bugs... just look at the U17 bugs mega-thread.

Edited by aerosoul1337