Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Buff? Kohm Is Nerfed A Lot!

aerosoul1337

Kohm damage is the same.

Status is the same.

Crit chance and multiple are the same.

Fire rate is reduced. -> this could be the new UI rounding issue?

Effective Range is reduced. (Fallout start at shorter range)

Test it at 20~25m, it deals less damage per pellet after this "BUFF" now.

It used to have full damage around 25m, now it falloff at shorter range, this is a huge nerf.

At 20m it deals about 60% damage per pellet now.

Before U17:

Kohm used to have longer effective range, it started damage falloff at 25m, its minimum damage still dealt 47.5% of base damage beyond 40m.

After U17:

Now its effective range (the range without falloff) is REDUCED by 10m.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Lol. Here I was telling a buddy of mine the Khom was going to be absolutely ridiculous once the shotgun buff happened.

I was hoping small damage buff and faster spool up.

But all are nerfs in the end.

Dafaq, for such a long time of hype and delay, we got some nerfs?

Boar Prime

Nerfed.

Pick Boar prime. The thing hasnt been nerfed at all.

The strun wraith's 4 second reload time though, the whole point of the weapon was to have a quick reloading shot gun, hell even the animation dosent what to do with it.

Boar Prime

Nerfed.

The strun wraith's 4 second reload time though, the whole point of the weapon was to have a quick reloading shot gun, hell even the animation dosent what to do with it.

I disagree. That cut in status chance from 40$ to 30% is downright painfull, coupled with lackluster damage and magazine buffs that in no way can make up for it. And let's not even mention increased loading times.

Kohm damage is the same.

Status is the same.

Crit chance and multiple are the same.

Fire rate is reduced.

Effective Range is reduced. (Fallout start at shorter range)

That's your own fault for trying to use shotguns in WF. Rifles are the only acceptable primary.

Honestly, shotguns should not have fall off, at least not anymore than rifles.  Their spread already acts as fall off. De won't listen though, so the only shotgun you should be using should be the one equipped to Carrier Prime. 

Boar Prime

Nerfed.

Boar p has 30% instead of 40% & it has more reload time. Come out better using either Hek or Sobek shotguns. Drakgoon for infested.

That's your own fault for trying to use shotguns in WF. Rifles are the only acceptable primary.

Honestly, shotguns should not have fall off, at least not anymore than rifles.  Their spread already acts as fall off. De won't listen though, so the only shotgun you should be using should be the one equipped to Carrier Prime. 

"You should use this, you should use that".

And you're just pathetic.

Try Hek, then open your chatbox, meta-kid.

Edited by Khranitel

"You should use this, you should use that".

And you're just pathetic.

Try Hek, then open your chatbox, meta-kid.

So you're saying he's pathetic for saying what you should or shouldn't use and then you -immediately- tell him/us what to use. Hypocrisy much?

Also he has a point, and I'll add mine to it: essentially all other shotguns where nerfed due to the power creep of Hek/Sobek/Tigris/Drakgoon (not to mention the actual reload speed nerfs to most other shotguns). Why would -anyone- use a Boar Prime or a Strun Wraith with those new stats on, say, Sobek - or Hek for that matter. And these are easy to craft weapons - why the Hek did I even run around in the Void for my Boar Prime?

Not just Khom,  BoarP and Strun Wraith  are effectively nerfed too, due to longer reload and lower status chance.

Apparently Torid is nerfed as well - or it's a bug - it does pathetic damage now

Agreed. Kohm turned from a fun weapon to useless one. BoarP and StWr got also generally nerfed. Don't know about Torid though.

While Hek now is a damage dealer it's sad. I can only be glad about the Drakgoon, which deals more damage now and still fun.

But that 3/4 shotgun issue still persists. Nice BUFF.

Guess that's why we didn't get proper patch notes about this BLUFF.

Guess that's why we didn't get proper patch notes about this BLUFF.

Topkek

I'm on the fence with the shotgun "bluff". On the one hand there's Tigris, Hek and Sobek that got solid buffs and are super fun to use and on the other there's Strun W (The whole strun series is backwards, Strun W should deal more/equal damage to Strun, but that's another topic), Kohm and Boar P.

The new reload mechanic for the Strun series is nice but Strun W's thing was a sacrifice in damage for higher status and faster reload time, now it's just status chance (which, admittedly, is fun at 100% but falls off pretty quickly at higher levels).

Before U17:

Kohm used to have longer effective range, it started damage falloff at 25m, its minimum damage still dealt 47.5% of base damage beyond 40m.

After U17:

Now its effective range (the range without falloff) is REDUCED by 10m.

Edited by aerosoul1337

All I know is that the Kohm is till killing the same lvl stuff as are the other shotguns.

I do wish you could reload the strun warith etc while sprinting though and I miss the kohm having projectiles, though that was removed for performance reasons.

Thats my only beef really.

The forums seem to be as overdramatic as always.

All I know is that the Kohm is till killing the same lvl stuff as are the other shotguns.

I do wish you could reload the strun warith etc while sprinting though and I miss the kohm having projectiles, though that was removed for performance reasons.

It has been changed for a lot of time, with compensations.

But this update is hyped for shotgun buff, and Kohm is not "tweaked", it's direct downgrade without any other compensation for no reason.

To be honest Kohm is my main primary, now this is very depressing.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Ya it still roks but it's not fun anymore pre U16 kohm was better it was unique bit now its a shadow of itself.

/Compares to Hek/ - not really.

Also you should not call topic "Shotgun Buff" when 3 of them get a direct/indirect nerf.

Edited by Victorovich