Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning Spoiler Alert: Is Lotus Good Or Evil? (New Quest Discussion)

The_Stalker

So I just finished the new quest, it's pretty damn dark but also informational, we learn more about the Lotus and how well she was a sentient and she also has a sister apparently.  We also meet her father who is basically like a burnt Lotus (I will upload pics when I can) now something to point out is if she is a Sentient why is she helping? Honestly I kinda forgot but she said in her last sequence or mission she had to destroy the Tenno, instead she hid us.  During this whole quest my emotions were mixed on how Lotus is good but then evil then I thought she was good again and now Im scared.  

For those of you who completed the quest or decided to look at this, what are you thoughts on this? There are a lot more in this mission.  Sadly too much for me to put down but I did save the quest on stream :) so I will look back at all that and try my best to analyze what we have!

Edited by Ryuketsuno

You might want to put all that in a spoiler...

Yep, I clicked on the thread expecting it to be another generic 'Lotus is evil' and have now had the Quest spoiled. Awesome.

It'd be good to put it in a spoiler tag OP. Spoiler alert in the title doesn't indicate WHAT you are spoiling. whereas in the tag you could warn people before they open it.

EDIT: Yeah forgot to actually read the title like a derp.

Edited by Latiac

Yep, I clicked on the thread expecting it to be another generic 'Lotus is evil' and have now had the Quest spoiled. Awesome.

"Warning Spoiler Alert (New quest discussion)" isn't clear enough for you? :\

Honestly, anyone who comes into this thread without having played the quest has only themselves to blame.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Honestly, anyone who comes into this thread without having played the quest has only themselves to blame.

Thank you :D I was pretty sure I made it loud and clear in the title with the whole Warning spoiler alert and new quest stuff but I put it all in a spoiler tag anyways

I think the new lore just makes me respect her more. It shows she is a complicated three dimensional character. Instead of going with what she was originally raised to do, she made her own decisions. She choose what she wanted in life instead. The balance idea doesn't even seem to be anyone else's idea but hers. I get the idea from the quest that using the Tenno to maintain balance is what she decided to do when people started messing around with frozen Tenno she had hidden away. 

That's why I respect her. We know from the quest that despite not even being one of us, she still cares about us. And she always made her own decisions, instead of accepting a pre-raised/pre-programmed destiny. 

When you think about it, she sacrificed everything she was, lost all the respect of her family and sacrificed completing the mission she was destined to fulfill, all because she cared too much about one group of people, and wanted to protect them. That's some heavy stuff guys. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

So it does. My mistake.

I think the new lore just makes me respect her more. It shows she is a complicated three dimensional character. Instead of going with what she was originally raised to do, she made her own decisions. She choose what she wanted in life instead. The balance idea doesn't even seem to be anyone else's idea but hers. I get the idea from the quest that using the Tenno to maintain balance is what she decided to do when people started messing around with frozen Tenno she had hidden away. 

That's why I respect her. We know from the quest that despite not even being one of us, she still cares about us. And she always made her own decisions, instead of accepting a pre-raised/pre-programmed destiny. 

When you think about it, she sacrificed everything she was, lost all the respect of her family and sacrificed completing the mission she was destined to fulfill, all because she cared too much about one group of people, and wanted to protect them. That's some heavy stuff guys. 

Never really thought of it like that...knew she wanted to save us but when you put it like that just damn DE...*slow clap*

Some of us suspected the Lotus' origins, but her reasoning threw me for a loop.

If you unfurl the following, you're asking for spoilers (as I recall them.)

Basically, Sentient become sterile making the trip to the Origin system.  This is essentially a one-way trip for them.  The Lotus was tasked with destroying the Tenno and made it to the very last step in accomplishing her goal before deciding they were exactly what she needed to be a mother.  The Tenno are her children now.

So yeah... the Orokin were about to get royally screwed either way.  The Tenno fulfilled that purpose by first destroying the lead Sentient in the Origin system - whom ALLOWED the Tenno to destroy him, and then during the victory parade they slaughtered the Orokin aristocracy.  Mission complete, except the Tenno remained, because the Lotus wanted a happily ever after.  And now the reawakening Sentient aren't going to be too happy with her and will attempt to bring her back into the fold.

Tenno, the next update could be interesting.

Edited by Littleman88

Some of us suspected the Lotus' origins, but her reasoning threw me for a loop.

If you unfurl the following, you're asking for spoilers (as I recall them.)

Basically, Sentient become sterile making the trip to the Origin system.  This is essentially a one-way trip for them.  The Lotus was tasked with destroying the Tenno and made it to the very last step in accomplishing her goal before deciding they were exactly what she needed to be a mother.  The Tenno are her children now.

So yeah... the Orokin were about to get royally screwed either way.  The Tenno fulfilled that purpose by first destroying the lead Sentient in the Origin system - whom ALLOWED the Tenno to destroy him, and then during the victory parade they slaughtered the Orokin aristocracy.  Mission complete, except the Tenno remained, because the Lotus wanted a happily ever after.  And now the reawakening Sentient aren't going to be too happy with her and will attempt to bring her back into the fold.

Tenno, the next update could be interesting.

If we killed the Sentients and then the Orokin, how is Lotus' father alive? And how does letting themselves die, bar Lotus, even accomplish anything? What would she do once the Tenno are dead? Live forever in loneliness? This plan makes no sense.

Good. She betrayed her own people because she came to love us as children she could never have.

She's on our side. Truly and forever. Let the talk of her being evil be silenced.

Or she decided that we are of use to her and decided to NOT let such good weapons just die off? The whole "children" thing could just be her way of coping that she caused her people to be wiped out, but still she uses us to kill off her enemies.

Or she decided that we are of use to her and decided to NOT let such good weapons just die off? The whole "children" thing could just be her way of coping that she caused her people to be wiped out, but still she uses us to kill off her enemies.

What would she use us for? The Sentients were already dead before she chose to spare us.

I would say that the Lotus is morally gray. Objectively speaking. But if you want it from the viewpoint of the tenno, then she is unabigiously good. She abandoned her mission and her family just to adopt us as her children. All the people crying #deathtothelotus now after this revelation sound like edgy teenagers in the middle of puberty rebelling against their parent. I mean, she pretty much sacrificed everything just to keep us safe. To the tenno, she is a force of good. She gives us missions to do and alerts for potatoes. What more could you want from a caring space mom?

v

What would she use us for? The Sentients were already dead before she chose to spare us.

^

She chose us over her own people. Over her own parentage. What is there for her to want to use us for? What is there that she would only awaken us now to do?

v

^

She chose us over her own people. Over her own parentage. What is there for her to want to use us for? What is there that she would only awaken us now to do?

I've been wondering why she awoke us now specifically. Was it chosen at random? Or are we supposed to be fighting the Grineer/Corpus because she wants to save civilians too?

I've been wondering why she awoke us now specifically. Was it chosen at random? Or are we supposed to be fighting the Grineer/Corpus because she wants to save civilians too?

Well, for one we're being murdered in our sleep on the orders of the Twin Queens:

That's a good reason for us to get up - so we can flee, fight back, save others. I do think there's an element of stopping the Grineer and Corpus as well - to what end, though, that remains to be seen. I do think that Lotus is not happy with the way those two are treating the common folk, but that requires further evidence.

What IS the "balance"?

I just wonder... with the Zariman and all... Are we literally children? Is that why she took us in, because we were too innocent in her eyes, because we were children who did what they were raised to do, as she was? Did she feel sympathy? All big questions.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Well, for one we're being murdered in our sleep on the orders of the Twin Queens:

That's a good reason for us to get up - so we can flee, fight back, save others. I do think there's an element of stopping the Grineer and Corpus as well - to what end, though, that remains to be seen. I do think that Lotus is not happy with the way those two are treating the common folk, but that requires further evidence.

What IS the "balance"?

Why would the Grineer come after us if we were in permanent cryo sleep, though? I assumed they came after us because other Tenno had awoken first and they wanted to get their hands on the first Tenno they could before Lotus.