Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Surprisingly Spot On

_Chaser

enjoyed it very much, surprisingly enough i have absolutely no critique on it

was using zephyr and was screaming of how fun it is to play now

only one concern however, crouching roll is too floaty, and i was relying on it for stealth gameplay

Edited by -Solid_Snake

I do enjoy parkour 2.0 but i cannot seen to be able to implement it in my playstyle or my way of fighting.

Like so far i can do my mission without the need t do any of those tricks and i can still keep ahead of my team or stay with my team.

,but when i try to use parkour or to try to mix it in with my flow of how i fight i cannot see a place were i can make it work or were it will be usefull for me.

SO do you guys have any tips while i enjoy the mechanics seperatly from fighting i cannot seen to have any need for them,and feel like a bunch of fancy movement without any actual combat value for me.

So if you could trow in some fighting tips would appreciate it,or some way that i can use it.

My playstyle is Run cover shoot (sniper weapon) keep away from enemy and only engage up close with melee,secondary is for wave clearing,primary for individual picking.Move around with taking the fastest way to get their without having to deal with obstacles.

@person above me(the guy who just posted)

the understatement is parkour 2,0 instead of working momentum from swing speed like the other it works momentum of sprint speed,my advice you learn to understand that slow warframe are not meant to go fast.

If your using Frost i suggest armor agility just for the extra movement speed

Edited by Leavith

I do enjoy parkour 2.0 but i cannot seen to be able to implement it in my playstyle or my way of fighting.

Like so far i can do my mission without the need t do any of those tricks and i can still keep ahead of my team or stay with my team.

,but when i try to use parkour or to try to mix it in with my flow of how i fight i cannot see a place were i can make it work or were it will be usefull for me.

SO do you guys have any tips while i enjoy the mechanics seperatly from fighting i cannot seen to have any need for them,and feel like a bunch of fancy movement without any actual combat value for me.

So if you could trow in some fighting tips would appreciate it,or some way that i can use it.

My playstyle is Run cover shoot (sniper weapon) keep away from enemy and only engage up close with melee,secondary is for wave clearing,primary for individual picking.Move around with taking the fastest way to get their without having to deal with obstacles.

for sniper - ez

1. look down

2. press crouch + jump 

3. get high

4. press space again

5. use wall hop

6. get really hight

Play it with a slow frame (with no speed boosting mods) then get back to us.

I've been playing with Frost all night so far.  Absolutely loving it.

Edit: Yes, i mean the Parkour, not just his reworked skills :D

Edited by Ceres666

for sniper - ez

1. look down

2. press crouch + jump 

3. get high

4. press space again

5. use wall hop

6. get really hight

In term i always stand at ground level getting up high with my sniper never been needed to pick of my enemy

Snipetron vandal 3 meter innate punch through always hit the target i want even through wall.So getting high never been my strategy.

My main is loki if ever do need to get high to screw with the infested switch teleport has always gotten me their and i do understand is meant to be faster,But in consideration getting high in a mission unless is defense,excavation,hijack,interception,or mobile defense the tenno are never to long in one spot to do all that.

Most of the time i drop loki decoy behind me switch safeguard teleport and use the decoy as my cover so i can shoot through him to hit my intended target. 

While i do like your advice it would take to much time to set up and i would still have to go down to get drops and mods unless i was greedy mag(which i don;t own a mag) if i were in pvp this would be perfect for parkour 2,0 to help me out.

Edited by Leavith

I never realized how much coptering actually helped keep you alive in high level Void missions until it was removed.

IMO, the new movement system sucks.

I guess people that like playing slow sluggish frames are enjoying keeping up with other players now, but I hate it.

It's slower in both execution and movement, and is less precise. In high level missions, enemies now have more time to shoot you.

its so much easier to position yourself and scale vertical in the maps. I'm getting to places i didnt even know i could go to. Places where most of the time you would have to rip line, warp, or teleport to get to in the old system.

Finding it to be a huge improvement myself. I can somewhat understand people wanting some increased speed, and I wouldnt be against that, but the amount of precision this update provides and the ease and reliability of it is just so refreshing.

Could use a few tweaks here and there but I'm really enjoying it so far, and I yes I used coptering. Wasnt a fan.

I love how there is this thread, then two thraeads down there is "Parkour 2.0 is a failure" (paraphrasing).

I myself am liking it, the bunny hop will take some getting used to (the animation, not the mechanic) but besides that the whole Bullet Jump thing is very Warframe-y.

I never realized how much coptering actually helped keep you alive in high level Void missions until it was removed.

IMO, the new movement system sucks.

I guess people that like playing slow sluggish frames are enjoying keeping up with other players now, but I hate it.

It's slower in both execution and movement, and is less precise. In high level missions, enemies now have more time to shoot you.

Whelp, Iunno about you but you can get nearly the same speed with the right combination using parkour 2.0 as you did coptering. Its not as buggy and now you really ARE supposed to gain that momentum, plus you're not locked into certain melee weapons which is great.

About the shooting: you are less likely to be hit when you are moving about than before, even just rolling on the ground decreases enemy accuracy.

Whelp, Iunno about you but you can get nearly the same speed with the right combination using parkour 2.0 as you did coptering. Its not as buggy and now you really ARE supposed to gain that momentum, plus you're not locked into certain melee weapons which is great.

About the shooting: you are less likely to be hit when you are moving about than before, even just rolling on the ground decreases enemy accuracy.

When trying to get from point A to point B, like extraction after 40 minutes in T4S or life support capsules, it doesn't come close to the speed or covering the same distance as coptering. That's if you last that long now. Some won't. Even Draco, which used to be fun is now a pain in the arse because mobility is less.

My guess as what's really behind this is that DE is hoping to charge everyone 20 plat to unlock the Exilus slot for each warframe in their inventory to equip new rank 10 mods that increase parkour speed and distance. I can see the new thing now instead of coptering will be to use those mods plus Rush. Those that don't will be at a disadvantage, and nothing's changed except now you have a movement system that makes you take more damage than before.

Edited by Rebellis

Allow me to break it down into more simple terms. Coptering was good, but coptering was free. Let's remove coptering, and implement a new movement system. Tie it to a new set of mods and a mod slot that's locked. The new slot needs to be unlockable for free (this is suppose to be F2P after all), but make it so unlocking it is so difficult and so rare that people will opt to pay the 20 platinum fee for each warframe they own. 24 warframes * 20 plat * 100,000 players = Profit.

As a happy Tenno, no where's did I come out of this with

A) something I wanted

B) something that's better than what I was using

Edited by Rebellis