Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On Equinox

-Amaterasu-

From the day I have had playing Equinox I though I'd just share my opinions on its powers and the such feel free to debate ect. these are just my opinions on its powers

1.Metamorphosis- is an all around good buff that it never hurts to have however I find that In the build I use at least that I have too little duration to make actual use for this power

2.Rest- probably one of if not the best ability Night can use however the range on this ability is terrible and even a small buff to a 5m range would be great otherwise without resorting to a range build you will be spamming this power to get a good ammount of use out of it

Rage - a good power but highly situational if you use it at the wrong time you will end up killing yourself and has the same range problem as Rest although that might be less of a problem with this one since it gives you a little more control over it.

3.Pacify- great damage reduction (although it gets pretty useless at higher levels) can be good to help you revive an ally or just for running through a level just leave it on and forget about it

Provoke- Great power for defense or anytime you're holding a point has little energy cost to you and can give your allies quite a nice damage buff and again this can be cast and forgotten about which is nice

4.Mend- probably the single worst ability at Equinox's disposal has literally no CC at all and does no damage it's pretty much useless for anything but healing allies unless you're using vitality as Equinox themselves dosen't really have enough health to make use of this and I find there is always a MASSIVE overcharge of health that will never be used (like 100k extra health) could save you in a pinch but that's about all it's good for (Trinity does it faster and better)

Maim- Probably the best ability at Equinox's disposal has excelent CC stunning all enemies in the range for a short time and procs everything with bleed while dealing damage over time in addition it uses all it's stored damage when it is ended for a final hit that can kill most enemies without issue

The biggest problem I have with Equinox is how overwhelmingly better Day seems to be Maim is far better than Mend, Provoke is probably better than pacify later on and while I like Rest better than Rage I can't use that in my build because of how Equinox works you either build for the first 3 (Duration & Range) or the last 4 (Power & Efficiency)at least in my experience those were the builds I found most effective. I use the latter build because CC is far better late game than saving yourself/removing a few enemies from play when you can just CC and maim them all

I'd like it if DE at least added some CC (not even asking for damage here just a stun or something) to Mend to make night more appealing as I'd like to play both but right now I main Day and feel pretty useless whenever I use Night who I can only think would be useful if you were trying to stealth a mission or something

Again these are just my personal views/opinions on Equinox feel free to disagree with me if you wan't if you found some way to play it that I'm missing I'd love to hear it

My Equinox is at level 24 atm and while I like the design and the idea behind the frame, so far I haven't really figured out what to do with "whatever it is". The main problem I see is that Equinox is a support frame, yet I have a hard time finding a possible role for him as support.

Trinity he can not replace, simply because he can not restore energy which is far more important than restoring health.

And while "Maim" offers pretty decent CC, it's range seem to be limited and the effect also seems to be a one time thing per target. Meaning that once the effect runs out on an enemy you have to deactivate and then activate the ability again in order to be able to affect the same target a second time. And with those limitations I can't see Equinox replace Nova, Mirage, Loki, or Nyx when it comes to CC either.

And while "Maim" does some damage, Equinox is definitely not a damage frame. He can not replace Mesa, Saryn, Ash, or even poor Ember.

So now, which role is he supposed to fill? Always keeping in mind that with a max of 4 available slots per group (apart from raids) there isn't that much space in most groups for frames that do not have a role.

Mend should give some Life steal % to teammates in range and maybe some kind of Rhino's Iron skin on deactivation.

Rage and Rest both lack range.

Pacify actually pretty decent, though that cost per enemy get CRAZY versus crowds, it needs to be toned down or limited by some value.

And while "Maim" does some damage, Equinox is definitely not a damage frame. He can not replace Mesa, Saryn, Ash, or even poor Ember.

I don't normally play damage frames...but I thought Equinox was a great damage frame, by my standards atleast.

I have him modded for max power range to encompass as much of everything as I can.

It's damage despite not having much power strength, ramps up really really quickly in a group, and reactivating it does like some 60k+ damage

It's not as quick or spammable as what you listed above but dam, it's alot more damage than what they can pull off as well

Maim is honestly the only skill I use as equinox

(provoke is on all the time lol)

Edited by KuroNekoXlll

I personally find all of his abilities in his day form to be fantastic(In his Day form it wrecks enemies like no tomorrow and if you have damage dealing frames like Excal or Nova it's a wrap because they'll benefit hugely from the Day form's 3rd and 2nd ability.) What makes maim so good is that it stacks damage on top of what you and all your other teammates are already doing. Essentially if you took out one crowd of enemies and stacked alot of maim points, you can look at another crowd and go "lol nope" and delete them so your teammates don't have to worry about killing them. This might work better in combination with his third ability, but I'm not sure if it affects or how effective it is.

However his Night form's ult feels a little lacking to me since it takes to much to properly set up and use. It should accumulate numbers as your taking damage, not as your killing enemies. It throws off what the other abilities do(It would work really well with the Night forms 3rd ability if mend was to take damage instead of deal it) and doesn't represent the defensive aspect of that side at all. Then 2nd ability is ok in night form, as it can take a ton of enemies out of play to set up for kills for your team.

Equinox is a support frame through and through, whether you want to be offensive support or defensive support is up to you. Though his offensive and defensive abilities help him just as much as his allies do. :P

Edited by Darkmoone1

Probably just me nitpicking, but I've found that Night's buff actually HURTS your overshields if you have them.

It doesn't add anything on top of them, but it WILL start ticking down shield points over the duration like it normally does.

I honestly don't think that's supposed to be how it works.

Just something I've found while leveling up my Equinox, thought everybody would like to know.

I mainly play as Night Equinox, and it would appear that a max build is the most useful on it. However, Pacify with max range just DESTROYS her energy, and with seemingly little effect. Can we please get a cap on the energy drain? It's ridiculous...

And it seems like most are complaining about Mend, in that its basically a much more difficult to use Trin 4. It needs some sort of passive buff to put it on par with Maim's stun

Another problem I have is that the buff's don't remain after you switch forms so I have no reason to use Night, mend is useless, Pacify gets really bad for endless missions, and Rest is only good for picking off a few targets the frame feels really broken to me that only half of it is useful

My current build for equinox that I find works best is

Redirection

Primed Flow

Stretch

Intensify

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Fleeting Expertise

Streamline

(all maxed)

I really only use maim on this build (Provoke too but that's always on) and that really says something when a frame has 7 powers and really only 2 are useful Equinox is certainly not a very good buffer and a lot of frames 1up it in almost every one of its powers

I've put 2 Forma into Equinox so far. 

Day frame alone is a B rank frame.

Night frame alone is a D rank frame. 

Together, Equinox is an A rank frame.

I'm not going to go into detail on each of her abilities as all of them have their strengths and weaknesses. However, I do have a problem with Mend. It just feels lackluster as an ultimate. 

In general, I feel her Night form is far too supportive or rather, she isn't supportive enough. There are plenty of ways to buff allies. Maybe have one of her abilities add movement speed, or maybe armor, etc. There are tons of ways to improve her Night form while still keeping the support theme.

And yes, Day form's ultimate is effected by her 3 ability. 

Also, Pacify against infested = bad idea. lol RIP energy.

I just hope DE addresses these issues with balance changes and not try to fix Night's problems with ability augments. But then again, ability augments would have to benefit both forms so Day form would still end up being more useful.

Edited by Yinkuji

If night form actually had a way to increase team survivability then I'd have no problem with this frame but she really dosen't and mend is probably the single most useless power in the game which is sad considering it is an ult It needs to do way more than just heal you it is far worse than every other healing ability in the game and the very least they could do is find something to do with that extra 100,000 health you have left over after healing your whole team

My current build for equinox that I find works best is

Redirection

Primed Flow

Stretch

Intensify

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Fleeting Expertise

Streamline

(all maxed)

I really only use maim on this build (Provoke too but that's always on) and that really says something when a frame has 7 powers and really only 2 are useful Equinox is certainly not a very good buffer and a lot of frames 1up it in almost every one of its powers

I agree, currently only 2 abilities seem to be useful and even those 2 (Maim and Provoke) are only OKish as far as abilities go.

Edit: I changed my opinion on "Maim", it's actually a really good ability. Sadly playing him/her more did not change my opinion about the other abilities. Those need some work to be useful.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

In before an augment for mend allows you to restore energy instead of health...

Still worse than trinity

Also where is the confirmation on their gender?

Where is the confirmation on any frame's gender you can see what you want to the way I see it Night and Neutral look female and Day looks male

4.Mend- probably the single worst ability at Equinox's disposal has literally no CC at all and does no damage it's pretty much useless for anything but healing allies unless you're using vitality as Equinox themselves dosen't really have enough health to make use of this and I find there is always a MASSIVE overcharge of health that will never be used (like 100k extra health) could save you in a pinch but that's about all it's good for (Trinity does it faster and better)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---?

"my healing ability has no cc it's so underpowered, it's not good for anything except healing wtf DE?"

Dude.

It's a healing ability.

That's what it does....

gonna complain that trinity doesn't have any cc either? :/

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---?

"my healing ability has no cc it's so underpowered, it's not good for anything except healing wtf DE?"

Dude.

It's a healing ability.

That's what it does....

gonna complain that trinity doesn't have any cc either? :/

Trinity restores both health and shields, and the effect is instantaneous. With Mend you need to activate the ability > accumulate some damage on the damage counter by having enemies killed within the auras range > activate the effect to heal.

Even Oberon has better healing than that. Simply because it takes so long that you can't just simply heal in emergency situations. Well, apart from having Mend running all the time, which does absolutely nothing apart from storing up damage for when you might need to heal yet constantly drains your energy...

Edited by ----Fenrir----

I haven't already crafted her, still waiting. But after reading the comments on her I have one opinion.

Equilnox is 1 single frame having 7 abilities, not 2 frames with 3.5 abilities. Many people are like talking 2 separate frames and saying Night version is lackluster and need a buff. But the truth is, you are using 1 frame that can switch between 2 forms to enjoy different abilities.

Mend lacks CC and Maim has it? If you enjoy the CC then you switch to Day and cast Maim. If Mend also do the same thing, there is no point to be having 2 forms with same effects.  

Just want to point it out. 

Edited by climatiseur

I haven't already crafted her, still waiting. But after reading the comments on her I have one opinion.

Equilnox is 1 single frame having 7 abilities, not 2 frames with 3.5 abilities. Many people are like talking 2 separate frames and saying Night version is lackluster and need a buff. But the truth is, you are using 1 frame that can switch between 2 forms to enjoy different abilities.

Mend lacks CC and Maim has it? If you enjoy the CC then you switch to Day and cast Maim. If Mend also do the same thing, there is no point to be having 2 forms with same effects.  

Just want to point it out. 

Sorry, but what good are useless abilities? Not to mention that the "first ability" is just a glorified switch button which leaves only 6 real abilities. Of which only 2 are good/decent at the moment. Mirage for comparison has 4 abilities (Eclipse is 2 abilities in one) and 3 of those 4 are really good.

Sorry, but what good are useless abilities? Not to mention that the "first ability" is just a glorified switch button which leaves only 6 real abilities. Of which only 2 are good/decent at the moment. Mirage for comparison has 4 abilities (Eclipse is 2 abilities in one) and 3 of those 4 are really good.

Although I don't have her right now,  I think commenting an ability of a frame just released for around 2 - 3 days "useless" is too assertive.

It deals damage and heal altogether, while you can tactically use rest and pacify to reduce damage taken from the other enemies.

It may be hard to use, require some more adaptation and combination (on paper).

Anyway I will try it myself when I finally got her. My point is, maybe try different coordination and styles first, before jumping to the conclusion of "useless".

Edited by climatiseur

Although I don't have her right now,  I think commenting an ability of a frame just released for around 2 - 3 days "useless" is too assertive.

It deals damage and heal altogether, while you can tactically use rest and pacify to reduce damage taken from the other enemies.

It may be hard to use, require some more adaptation and combination (on paper).

Anyway I will try it myself when I finally got her. My point is, maybe try different coordination and styles first, before jumping to the conclusion of "useless".

The fact that this is so noticible as soon as the new frame is released shows there is a serious problem here there is no tactical use of the frame because you can only build for the first 3 or the last 4 powers if you choose the first 3 then you get nowhere in endless missions if you choose the last 4 then you only ever need to use mend or maim as the other two can always be on mend is useless maim isn't.

This frame has serious problems because switching (which is it's only gimmick) isn't a valid option and it forces you to stay in one form using a single ability

Trinity restores both health and shields, and the effect is instantaneous. With Mend you need to activate the ability > accumulate some damage on the damage counter by having enemies killed within the auras range > activate the effect to heal.

Even Oberon has better healing than that. Simply because it takes so long that you can't just simply heal in emergency situations. Well, apart from having Mend running all the time, which does absolutely nothing apart from storing up damage for when you might need to heal yet constantly drains your energy...

Ok, thanks for the clarifification. Amaterasu's original comment made no sense at all to me with the "my healing ability has no cc" comment.

Ok, thanks for the clarifification. Amaterasu's original comment made no sense at all to me with the "my healing ability has no cc" comment.

Was saying it had no CC at all in comparison to Maim which has tons and is spamable, easily one of the worst abilities in the gamge behind even Trinity's Well of Life for healing

Was saying it had no CC at all in comparison to Maim which has tons and is spamable, easily one of the worst abilities in the gamge behind even Trinity's Well of Life for healing

Yeah but it's not supposed to have cc. :/ You're judging a fish by it's ability to climb a tree.

Maim and mend may be two forms of one ability, but comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges.