Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On Equinox

-Amaterasu-

Yeah but it's not supposed to have cc. :/ You're judging a fish by it's ability to climb a tree.

Maim and mend may be two forms of one ability, but comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges.

I was stating why it is bad it has no CC at all, does no damage at all, and is a mediocre healing ability that needs to be looked at woulden't be a problem for most healing abilites but since it requires you to shoot enemies to get anything at all out of it it should at least have some sort of CC to make it easier

There is nothing wrong with comparing them they are not seperate at all they are two parts of the same frame why would you use mend when it is such a bad ability compared to maim that CCs everything and actually does damage rather have an ability that's good at what it does than a sorry excuse for an ult that can barley be made use of

Edited by -Amaterasu-

You can actually mod for her 2, 3, and 4 OR Rest and Metamorphosis, which are the only two abilities effected by duration, sadly.

I do agree with the point that Mend needs a stagger, but do note that it currently (and it should) heal objectives like cryopods and the fomorian core in Raids and that her ability can stack up to hundreds of thousands of hp healed.

You can actually mod for her 2, 3, and 4 OR Rest and Metamorphosis, which are the only two abilities effected by duration, sadly.

I do agree with the point that Mend needs a stagger, but do note that it currently (and it should) heal objectives like cryopods and the fomorian core in Raids and that her ability can stack up to hundreds of thousands of hp healed.

Rage has a duration

To begin, let me start with the positive part: Aestethics.

This Warframe is beautifully animated and the main concept behind it sounds really cool. I love how it moves, how it splits into other forms. I also like the small fun things about it, like making it's day form prominent during the day and the night form during the night. Very cool stuff.

But that's about it for the positive stuff I'm afraid.

I honestly don't know what to do with this Warframe since I'm a solo player. I thought it's powers would combine in some interesting ways, but apparently they cancel out once you switch alignment. The buffs are pointless since they can't be recast without having to use my standard power twice which takes too long. And I could have really used the buffs with the squishy nature of this Warframe since I get hosed down on higher level content with it.

The powers are really confusing as well since they only seem to be rehashed versions of other Warframes powers.

Sleep? Why do I need this when I can just use the new parkour to stealth better than ever? If I need stealth, I'll use Loki instead.

Enrage? Nice, but with the small range, I'm assuming I'm to spam this on everyone. No thanks, I hate single target stuff and speccing for three elements (power, duration and length) means I'd have either a bad range with really great multipliers, or really good range with bad multipliers. I don't even consider scaling down duration.

Pacify and Provoke sound nice, but the constant energy drain means that you have to spec for efficiency if you want to use it more than a few seconds, making these powers interesting theoretical ideas, but hardly practical.

Pacify is just a weaker team version of shatter shield IMO. Provoke is pointless since it's too weak. 30% power increase to everyone else? It's nice I guess.. but.. why would I want this rather than CC utility or something else directly debuffing or damaging?

Mend is a cumbersome heal, like others have said, other Warframes do this better. MUCH better.

Maim? This just is an overly complicated version of Absorb that requires more work and thus is more situational. 

So again, to reiterate, I don't understand this Warframe at all, nor what role it could have that isn't being overshadowed by other Warframes. I suppose it's damage reduction could work in raids, but I've already got a feeling that CC is going to win out over that instead.

To begin, let me start with the positive part: Aestethics.

This Warframe is beautifully animated and the main concept behind it sounds really cool. I love how it moves, how it splits into other forms. I also like the small fun things about it, like making it's day form prominent during the day and the night form during the night. Very cool stuff.

But that's about it for the positive stuff I'm afraid.

I honestly don't know what to do with this Warframe since I'm a solo player. I thought it's powers would combine in some interesting ways, but apparently they cancel out once you switch alignment. The buffs are pointless since they can't be recast without having to use my standard power twice which takes too long. And I could have really used the buffs with the squishy nature of this Warframe since I get hosed down on higher level content with it.

The powers are really confusing as well since they only seem to be rehashed versions of other Warframes powers.

Sleep? Why do I need this when I can just use the new parkour to stealth better than ever? If I need stealth, I'll use Loki instead.

Enrage? Nice, but with the small range, I'm assuming I'm to spam this on everyone. No thanks, I hate single target stuff and speccing for three elements (power, duration and length) means I'd have either a bad range with really great multipliers, or really good range with bad multipliers. I don't even consider scaling down duration.

Pacify and Provoke sound nice, but the constant energy drain means that you have to spec for efficiency if you want to use it more than a few seconds, making these powers interesting theoretical ideas, but hardly practical.

Pacify is just a weaker team version of shatter shield IMO. Provoke is pointless since it's too weak. 30% power increase to everyone else? It's nice I guess.. but.. why would I want this rather than CC utility or something else directly debuffing or damaging?

Mend is a cumbersome heal, like others have said, other Warframes do this better. MUCH better.

Maim? This just is an overly complicated version of Absorb that requires more work and thus is more situational. 

So again, to reiterate, I don't understand this Warframe at all, nor what role it could have that isn't being overshadowed by other Warframes. I suppose it's damage reduction could work in raids, but I've already got a feeling that CC is going to win out over that instead.

Pacify and provoke have zero energy drain unless they're actually being used (enemy in range attacks you or ally in range uses a power) and I prefer maim to absorb since it has a large CC and is probably a little easier to build up damage on since you can use other frame's powers but other than that most of its abilities border on useless

Rage has a duration

And is probably Equinox most useless ability. It's basically what a speed Nova does, only that it's pretty much single target which makes it completely pointless since the reason to bring a speed Nova is to speed things up so defense rounds don't take as long or to kill more enemies in the same amount of time to get more recourses and stuff. And that just does not work with a single target ability.

I never found any situation where using that ability would have been useful and worth the work and energy. If it was more like a slow Nova effect and reduced the speed and attack rate of the target + giving a damage boost I could see it being useful despite being single target only (and yes 2,5m range is single target for all practical purposes). As it stands it's just useless.

And is probably Equinox most useless ability. It's basically what a speed Nova does, only that it's pretty much single target which makes it completely pointless since the reason to bring a speed Nova is to speed things up so defense rounds don't take as long or to kill more enemies in the same amount of time to get more recourses and stuff. And that just does not work with a single target ability.

I never found any situation where using that ability would have been useful and worth the work and energy. If it was more like a slow Nova effect and reduced the speed and attack rate of the target + giving a damage boost I could see it being useful despite being single target only (and yes 2,5m range is single target for all practical purposes). As it stands it's just useless.

On the other hand, if you bring 1-2 max power+Efficiency Day Form Equinoxes with a Speed Nova to an Infested Defense.. In theory, they could just stand there while the enemies kill themselves.

So I just now got ahold of Equinox, and figured I might make a suggestion. What if Mend not only had the ability of storing damage dealt to enemies to heal allies, but all allies within range when it was 'activated' the second time also got an 'Over-health' buff. Basically, after healing, a portion of the health that was stored (To a maximum, obviously. Can't have people rolling around 100k health deep) was given to them over their health, as temporary health. Maybe it ticks down at a slow decay rate, or maybe it just stays like over-shields. That would give Night obvious support gameplay, as her mend would now be able to be used in concert with Trinity's EV in order to turn the whole team into tanky damage-eating bruisers that could stay in fights longer without worrying. 

It would be like having a 'pad' of health, to mitigate incoming damage in case of an emergency. Honestly, if Mend did that then I would be switching to it every time I checked my allies health to give them a little 'pick-me-up' before we kept going in a mission. It would keep me bouncing back and forth between Night and Day, delivering delicious Over-Health before swapping back to Maim the hell out of enemies nearby. Which, if I gather, is the purpose of Equinox isn't it? To swap between the two forms in missions?

So what do you guys think?

Volkein1432, good idea, that would make the skill original and useful.

Honestly, I have just started playign Equinox, but it feels as if DE had been afraid of creating a powerful frame with useful buffs/debuffs, so they crippled her abilities, making them weak, cumbersome to use, or both.

The concept behind her 1 is fine, except that the bonuses should have infinite duration, as part of the form you are in. But right now the rest is a big mess.

- Rest and Rage are overshadowed by Molecular Prime and Sonar respectively.

- Pacify let you choose between having extra range but being drained of your energy in seconds, or letting enemies beyond the 15 meters line tear you to shreds. REWORK : everyone in range gets a damage reduction bonus. Neat and simple.

- Provoke is way too weak. REWORK : increases warframe power strenght, not abilities base strength, and caps at 100% with mods (50% without).

- Mend is, as already said, insignificant compared to Blessing, the latter belonging to a frame that can also restore energy. REWORK ; either what Volkein said ; or something like :

"Once cast, every ally in range and Equinox get back some health and energy for each enemy killed" either a fixed amount per target or depending on their health, like a reversed Well of Life. OR "Cast once to affect allies in range, after which, for the duration, kills by Equinox will restore health and energy to allies anywhere on the map".

Have a good day people

Edited by Enno69

This frame is boring, straight up.  I thought the concept was to promote switching between the 2 sides, but they actually make it so doing this is not a good idea, you keep no buffs, and 2 second cast between swaps which cannot be reduced... change this one thing and let self buffs cross over as well and I might keep this frame, otherwise, trash bin once he/she gets to 30.

Yeah Equinox just seems... not good. I don't understand the concept really. Night and Day are supposed to be opposites, yet we have a support form(Night) and a... worse support form(day)?

I'd say Rest is easily one of her best skills, and yet, it's still overshadowed by others. Single target, low range, can't be used on bosses. I mean come on. Rhino's Stomp, Nova's MPrime, Frost's Freeze, Banshee's Sonar, Ember's Accelerant, Excalibur's Blind all work on bosses. Three of those effectively shut down a boss completely, two of them give crazy damage boosts and the last at least gives an elemental boost. Yet putting the boss to sleep? That's crossing the line. Meanwhile the rest of the Frame's CC bosses to death.

Her Day form should be an opposite of Night Form and have attacking abilities. As it is now, there's almost no point to use it other than Maim, which is mediocre as a damage ability, but pretty darn good as CC, but again, how is that night and day? Night should be the CC, and Day the damage, it makes no sense.

The buffs on her Metamorphasis don't last long enough, they should be passives of that form, albeit weaker to compensate for their permanent duration.

Everything Equinox does, other frames do them better, and it's honestly disappointing, especially since the MASSIVE time this frame take compared to others, with a MINIMUM of six and a half days until she's complete, and that's if you get lucky enough to do 8 runs on Tyl and get each piece one after another.

Trinity restores both health and shields, and the effect is instantaneous. With Mend you need to activate the ability > accumulate some damage on the damage counter by having enemies killed within the auras range > activate the effect to heal.

Even Oberon has better healing than that. Simply because it takes so long that you can't just simply heal in emergency situations. Well, apart from having Mend running all the time, which does absolutely nothing apart from storing up damage for when you might need to heal yet constantly drains your energy...

What happens if you have neither trinity or an Oberon? Then you at least have heals thing people seem to forget is equinox can change mid mission to better fit the needs of the group. Complaining about a healing ability not doing cc is like complaining about chaos not healing teammates and you for the damage the enemies do to each other.

What happens if you have neither trinity or an Oberon? Then you at least have heals thing people seem to forget is equinox can change mid mission to better fit the needs of the group. Complaining about a healing ability not doing cc is like complaining about chaos not healing teammates and you for the damage the enemies do to each other.

Why should you not have a Trinity? When you form a group you can ask for the frames you want, so there is no reason not to have a Trinity. And even without a Trinity, using a melee weapon (Life Strike) or spamming a Health Restore pad is simply far more reliable as far as healing is concerned because the delay until you are ready to heal with Equinox is simple too long.

To change from Day-Form to Night-form and heal for example takes around ~10 seconds. Which absolutely terrible for an "emergency skill".

Even if you didn't have one at the time you mean to tell me in the time it takes you to build 3 frames you coulden't have gotten one of those? These cases are also not at all similar because Mend is one of Equinox's Ults and is outclassed by even Well of Life at the very least it should do a good job of what it does do