Huge List Of Update 17 Feedback (Will Update Consistantly)

fortris

Let me start out by saying this is not a blind hate thread, I just want to clear the air before you post saying I just hate the game. I've been playing this game since Update 7 and have poured 2.5k hours into Warframe. I loved this game and seen it change for better or worse, and despite the tone of this post being mostly negative I can still appreciate that this game is almost entirely free for the majority of it's players which is very commendable. 

Now then, the positives so far:

Tyl Regor is a pretty good boss, DE has shown they're improving how bosses function past "just being a normal enemy but way tougher". He has actual phases, and is relatively fun to fight.

Lots of new content, guns, cosmetics and the addition of a "Utility Slot" keep veteran players interested without making them pour too much (if any) money into the game.

Parkour 2.0 functions fairly well, most frames have decent agility now and won't be left in the dust if they happen to like heavy melee.

UI improvements, such as rare materials having a separate color (green).

And of course, the negatives:

While Tylr Regor is relatively fun, he has a lot of flaws. The return of lengthy invulnerability stages is honestly a very lazy method of prolonging the fight, and he tends to blink around too much. The third stage can also be incredibly frustrating if you accidentally fall off a platform into the water, as transitioning back from archwing is sort of buggy.

The grind increases even further. While the game is still free, and all gameplay-related content can be acquired for free (outside of Reactors and Catalysts, which only have alerts) it's getting ludicrous. You need to fight Tyl a MINIMUM of eight times for every equinox piece, who in turn takes a MINIMUM of six and a half days to build. Then the new utility slot costs 50k standing for Simarus (capped at 20k per day, and is tedious to farm) TWO formas and an argon crystal, it's honestly just insulting. This means it takes a minimum of 3 days to build an item you need to use for every individual frame, and while not required it's still a very significant boost to their power.

The removal of "coptering" was not balanced out by either increasing the base speed of frames, or parkour 2.0 being significantly faster. While bullet jumping is faster than sprinting, it's still MUCH slower than the speed a lot of players have been accustomed to for the past 2 years of this game. Part of the reason coptering was so necessary is because you may need to replay missions several times in succession, which is tedious to say the least. The speed boost made it more tolerable and without it the entire game feels sluggish. Again, coptering being removed is FINE, but it needed something to replace the speed it removed.

Parkour 2.0 is very floaty and imprecise. The way your frame moves is almost laughably light as air, moving as if it didn't weigh anything at all. It makes the more precision focused tiles a chore to do consistently without diverting focus from running and gunning and focusing entirely on the platforming aspect. 

I will update this thread (with notes in comments) if I find more positives or negatives, but I admit I'm pretty disappointed overall. Again, the game is free and I don't feel entitled to any changes but I also wanted to express how I feel about the update.

EDIT: Dunno why some of the text is grey, dunno how to fix it either.

Edited by fortris

err... i thought equinox wasn't so grindy... done already... and i got home less than 2 hours ago.

IMO the invulnerable phase for the animation isn't bad.

Parkour 2.0 is a pain to get used to... i love the dodge though... that speed. I bet i\d be moving fast if i got used to the new system.

50k standing... wow. that IS a lot. >_< oh well gotta go scan everyday now. 

To be honest the copter versus the entire plethora of parkour 2.0 there is a reason why 2.0 is better. Alot of missions can easily be managed MUCH faster with just aiming downward and bullet jumping to higher locations, or while in mid-air just bullet jumping down to fall faster. It is all around far more faster considering some of the environments are, and how limited a copter is. For example back when Excalibur had super jump I was able to get around much faster than normal players because of he heights I could climb with much more ease. Now with 2.0 I can do that plus easily climb around environments like a monkey flinging myself around for momentum, and getting around annoying obstacles with shear ease.

The copter vs. 2.0 argument is extremely opinionated and something personal to every player as each one of them learn at different paces how useful, or not useful to their play-style it really is. In fact the entire argument is simply personal opinion based on play-style.

edit: also 2 forma, and some argons? By the time your playing endgame constantly all those things literally rain upon you. The 50k standing is a big obstacle, but nothing too serious like getting 100,000 standing for syandana.

Edited by Arlayn

People liked to copter because, in minor part, of a crappy spawning bug that has plagued this game for a long time. Enemies will flood the first room, leaving the next few empty (which are coincidentally large rooms). So, you fight a bunch of enemies in a tight space while having to fling yourself across a big empty space after that. Ceres is notorious for this; there are particular rooms that consistently bug out by either having a complete lack of enemies or half of the entire legion in one crammed space.

Edited by R34LM

err... i thought equinox wasn't so grindy... done already... and i got home less than 2 hours ago.

IMO the invulnerable phase for the animation isn't bad.

Parkour 2.0 is a pain to get used to... i love the dodge though... that speed. I bet i\d be moving fast if i got used to the new system.

50k standing... wow. that IS a lot. >_< oh well gotta go scan everyday now. 

I'm now into my 14th Tyl Regor run and still missing 2 parts, so you got lucky. As far as Parkour goes I'm plenty used to pressing ctrl and space, but it's not fast, trust me. Also the invuln phase isn't bad, just kinda lazy.

To be honest the copter versus the entire plethora of parkour 2.0 there is a reason why 2.0 is better. Alot of missions can easily be managed MUCH faster with just aiming downward and bullet jumping to higher locations, or while in mid-air just bullet jumping down to fall faster. It is all around far more faster considering some of the environments are, and how limited a copter is. For example back when Excalibur had super jump I was able to get around much faster than normal players because of he heights I could climb with much more ease. Now with 2.0 I can do that plus easily climb around environments like a monkey flinging myself around for momentum, and getting around annoying obstacles with shear ease.

The copter vs. 2.0 argument is extremely opinionated and something personal to every player as each one of them learn at different paces how useful, or not useful to their play-style it really is. In fact the entire argument is simply personal opinion based on play-style.

edit: also 2 forma, and some argons? By the time your playing endgame constantly all those things literally rain upon you. The 50k standing is a big obstacle, but nothing too serious like getting 100,000 standing for syandana.

It's opinionated because some people used it and some didn't, so players who used it for 2 years felt a little disheartened that a playstyle they've used for so long has simply been removed entirely. As far as the "endgame players have those rain upon you" argument goes, no. That's PAINFULLY wrong, and a bad attitude to have in general. Especially comparing it to the syndana, which you only need to buy once and is cosmetic. 

People liked to copter because, in minor part, of a crappy spawning bug that has plagued this game for a long time. Enemies will flood the first room, leaving the next few empty (which are coincidentally large rooms). So, you fight a bunch of enemies in a tight space while having to fling yourself across a big empty space after that. Ceres is notorious for this; there are particular rooms that consistently bug out by either having a complete lack of enemies or half of the entire legion in one crammed space.

Well, most people like myself and friends used it because running the same mission over and over again is extraordinarily tedious. Also Warframe is well known for spawning an excessive number of tiles, forcing you to traverse a huge level for one simple objective. Repeat this enough times and it'll get boring quickly.

Edited by fortris

I

It's opinionated because some people used it and some didn't, so players who used it for 2 years felt a little disheartened that a playstyle they've used for so long has simply been removed entirely. As far as the "endgame players have those rain upon you" argument goes, no. That's PAINFULLY wrong, and a bad attitude to have in general. Especially comparing it to the syndana, which you only need to buy once and is cosmetic. 

Unless said syndana does nothing, but make you look pretty...

As for endgame yes. Yes you do get alot of them. Have you been around the forums? Have you not seen the Prime part famine? Hundreds of players taking their massive swaths of built forma and throwing it around like monkey poo furious that the prime parts they want aren't dropping but instead getting TONS of forma. Its bad enough we get tons of orokin cells for whatever reason, but we also get tons of forma making me rather just get the prime access, because farming in the void takes an eternity. If anything getting the 50k standing with Simari, 2 forma, and some argon would be a MILLION TIMES EASIER than building some of the more rarer, and difficult prime frames, and weapons in the game. Farming Tyl for parts? At least he gives you parts related to the thing you want at all. Infact be happy they didn't make it so you had to farm his melee weapon from him. Imagine how diluted that would be. That would drive you further up a wall if they did that I bet.

Also I to used coptering since it started to get really noticed. Maybe even before that. Either way I was able to adapt, and move on to 2.0 because it simply works better all around making even mistakes something you can fix in mid air to catch yourself before you copter yourself into oblivion.

edit: but once more related to coptering, and 2.0 purely opinion.

Edited by Arlayn

...Also they (DE) knew this was going to annoy  a lot of players so they made a pop up screen at the beginning to make you comfortable. "Here much love for you guys, blah, blah.... NOW GET BACK TO THE GRINDING!" ain't no love in me for the grind, ain't no love...