Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 Performance

ShawnV2

So u17 is here and it's superb, pants wet and mind blown. I mean parkour 2.0 is so fluid it's unbelievable. One minor problem i'm having though is the performance. I've got an obsession for checking frame rates so the moment it drops ill detect it. Now with u17 came a somewhat noticeable drop. I'm guessing those who are always over 60 fps won't notice a thing but I've always been on the edge. I've been able to run this on medium/high with 1280 x 720 resolution no problem but with this update it feels like ill have to drop a few settings to get back my smooth gameplay. 

I'm just saying game is getting harder to run with each new major update. So far it's not game breaking but just thought i'd point it out. (Also yeah i know the fault lies with us and our machines)

Edited by ShawnV2

Yep, dropped quite a bit, i ran everything turned off and low but on 1366x768 resolution it was fine 30+ fps, now i had to switch to 1024x768. 

Well, it's not just U17, at U14 and before i played on high and bunch of stuff turned on, not low-end pc friendly anymore, but meh.

System specs if you are curious: Acer 5935G laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 2.66 Ghz, nVidia GeForce GT 240M, 6 gigs of ram, Win 10 Pro x64.

Did you happen to play in Uranus when the fps dip happened? Uranus, along with Ceres and relays, are quite demanding tilesets.

They are but i noticed the drop before i even left my ship. Then during gameplay. Void, Uranus (lol) etc. I wouldn't go as far as posting a thread here if it was just one or two maps. Thanks for the reply though.

Underwater tileset is still a joke. Only place in the entire game I can still go and lag (~15fps), usually I can get ~30. Never playing it ever again until they fix performance on it. I got my Equinox parts, I'm done with that map for now.

What do you expect from a new update though...