Parkour 2.0 - Weapons' Weights

Demdemeh

I won't spend any word on Parkour in general, since there are already hundreds of topics open.

I just want to share my feelings toward that weapon's mechanics that has been removed.

Do you guys think that is right that a WarFrame can jump around with the same agility both holding a jat Kittag or a Ceramic Dagger?

I mean, despite the new bullet-jump system, which can be liked or no, do you agree with this fɥck-physic system?

I understand that these tech-suits are extraordinarily powerful but hell...for me now doesn't make sense at all...

Do you agree with dumping the old good Newton?

YES / NOPE 

For me is a NOPE, they should add some kind of bonus/malus on speed movements according with which weapon is used. Something like light/medium/heavy categories.

You were just now freed from the horrible Tipedo requirement and now you want to force us into another pointless arbitrary requirement? No thank you. Why do you hate freedom?

Edit: Also, talking about a realism in this game is kind of hilarious TBH, because it has zero realism.

Edited by Hap-muhr

The Tenno are space ninjas who can preform impossible acrobatics and, with the latest update, can store their weapons/archwings in some sort of pocket dimension and summon them at will. I highly doubt that they don't have some to get around the weight of the weapons that they carry.

I'm not asking for realism. I'm asking for SENSE.

It doesn't make any sense now. The previous system was absurd in other directions and I agree with a changement.

But don't tell me you can swing  and move around holding a school bus with the same agility of a tootpick.

It is stupid. Not "Ninja". Is just damn stupid.

I am talking about LOGIC.

This game has a detection system reminiscent of fighting a hive-mind. No wait. It IS a hive-mind.

We can glide in it even though we don't have any sort of jetpacks/thrusters/wings/etc.

Logic.

Like someone else said earlier, we were just freed from faster movement only being achievable with certain melee weapons and you want to go back to it?

Edited by Keybopsef

This game has a detection system reminiscent of fighting a hive-mind. No wait. It IS a hive-mind.

We can glide in it even though we don't have any sort of jetpacks/thrusters/wings/etc.

Logic.

Like someone else said earlier, we were just freed from faster movement only being achievable with certain melee weapons and you want to go back to it?

It seems we are speaking two different languages.

I must agree partially with OP, new parkour made many of lighter/smaller weapons useless, since heavy weapon have MUCH more dps and distance at which they can kill enemies, there is simply no reason to use lighter/smaller weapons

Parkour 2.0 is a complete and utter disappointment. 

WHY BREAK MOVES THAT ARN'T BROKEN?! You Fixed it til it broke wtf.

Front flips? (Dodge+Jump) Randomly fling you an unset distance unlike before when it was perfect.

You like to jump backhandspring? Too bad, you can't anymore. (Back+dodge+jump) no longer jumping back handsprings you.

You like how you used to enter a slide real smooth? Now it flings you a weird distance for no god damn reason.

You like to wallrun? Too bad your a @(*()$ bunny now. Go hop it off.

You like being smooth with your movements? Too bad it's all #*($%%@ to hell and sketchy and unsmooth now. Everything flings you this way or that and it's not stable at all.

------------

Want to run an obstacle course? You can @(*()$ "bulletjump" passed goddamn everything.

------------

You want to fall through the air like a bad &#! and shoot things in the face? NOT ANYMORE A******! Now you have to glide like a goddamn paper airplane slowly for no apparent reason.

And guess what happens when you land? Do you "roll off" the inertia? Nah F*** INERTIA. You just land. walking boring and nothing happened.

-----------

Thanks for ucking up the one game I thought was bad &#! and awesome. realistic enough in its own universe.

I've spent over 1000 logged hours, over 150 real dollars on a game I really enjoyed. Until now. Thanks for @(*()$ up something great.

---------

P.S. Two of the new capes are @(*()$ idiot cheese.

Look at how smooth the game ALMOST ran. https://youtu.be/5wEtmc8VfMI

Why did you F*** it up. Why, please tell me why. Once there was a time I almost found the perfect game then THEY FARKED IT in the FACE.

Elaborate?

Tell me ONE REASON for not using Scindo Prime 24/7.

Now using lighter weapons is 100% useless.

Previous system was wrong and we all know why, it was too much based on weapon's speed.

Current system is as wrong as previous one but in the opposite direction. It completely ignores physics.

I'd like a middle way. 

And don't wave the word freedom as if is a good thing. Too much freedom always led to disasters.

Tell me ONE REASON for not using Scindo Prime 24/7.

Now using lighter weapons is 100% useless.

Previous system was wrong and we all know why, it was too much based on weapon's speed.

Current system is as wrong as previous one but in the opposite direction. It completely ignores physics.

I'd like a middle way. 

And don't wave the word freedom as if is a good thing. Too much freedom always led to disasters.

Alright. I'll admit you have a fair point there.

And at this point there isn't much else I can say other than take a variety of weapons. But I'd be naive to think that everyone is like me.

Edited by Keybopsef

Alright. I'll admit you have a fair point there.

And at this point there isn't much else I can say other than taking a variety of weapons. But I'd be naive to think that everyone is like me.

I would personally use different weapons because I like em...

I had my Dragon Nikana built for Excalibur.

Atterax properly built for Valkyr and a second setup with Scindo Prime.

With Saryn I loved to use Dual Ichors for Miasma Build and Dual Prisma Cleavers for Melee Build.

With Zephyr I liked to use Fang Prime.

With Loki Prime I loved to use my good Bo Prime.

I admit Tipedo was the weapon to rush missions, but is also true that the grind is so damn high that rushing is sometimes the only solution.

I loved to go around with fast frames and my Jat Kittag with the beautiful Primed Heavy Trauma!

The Glaive Prime with Proto Skin on my Nyx Prime with Nemesis Skin!

And I could keep writing and writing...

But now? Seriously man, I don't want to break your dream of freedom in parkour movements. I agree we needed a change...

But that's really killing the thing...

And yes, I liked the Stamina. I don't really understand why in the hell they removed it...

Warframes flying with help of super-duper antigrav field. This field dosen't give a s**t about weight, only limited by charge.

Space magic.

I can't believe you guys really like that thing.

There must something wrong with me...maybe I'm getting too old...what the F***...

It's better for gameplay. Copterweapon is history, and every player can bring any melee in the field. I don't see any problems with it.

How can't you see the problem?

Why would I ever bring a small weapon like, dunno, Fang Prime?, in the field? Why?

Or a whip? Or a throwing weapon?

For what reason, except personal preferences related to style, wouldn't I take a Scindo Prime all the times?

Seriously guys, are you all gone nuts or what? are you even using your brains?

Yes, there's no reason to ever use anything other than the Scindo Prime. That's not a problem with parkour, just stupid weapon balance. Are you suggesting that we leave parkour broken just so we have a reason to use melee weapons other than the Scnido Prime? That's like not building a house because it might burn down at some point. Let's just balance the Scindo Prime instead.

I know you're reading this, DE. Get on it.

I think its perfect now.I can bring whatever melee weapon i want and im not going to be handicapped by it(im using glavie if you like to know)...DE are doing you a favor and you spit right back in their face!If you want to be handicapped i don't. -1

I was playing Warframe thinking it was a War game, I was probably wrong.

Strategies, technique, builds, advantages traded in change of disadvantages. Also style, ofcourse, but secondarily.

If things are going in that direction I will probably stop playing. 

Nobody will care about that anyway, just a player less that nobody will ever listen or remember while the crowd keeps running after the carrot.

The only thing I regret is that I gave some money to the game cause I actually liked it.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

How can't you see the problem?

Why would I ever bring a small weapon like, dunno, Fang Prime?, in the field? Why?

Or a whip? Or a throwing weapon?

For what reason, except personal preferences related to style, wouldn't I take a Scindo Prime all the times?

Seriously guys, are you all gone nuts or what? are you even using your brains?

Why should i bring any kind of weapon, if i don't like this weapon?

P.S. If you can't find the reason to don't "take a Scindo Prime all times", it's only your personal problem.

Edited by letir

Why should i bring any kind of weapon, if i don't like this weapon?

P.S. If you can't find the reason to don't "take a Scindo Prime all times", it's only your personal problem.

Because it may suit that mission better than other weapons. 

That's why I called out Barbie. 

The mechanism "I will only use the weapons I like most" is, from my point of view, clueless.

In ANY shooting game you are often forced to chose wisely which weapon to use in order to achieve specific targets.

Is isn't my personal problem, it's a huge game issue and I'm just astonished that nobody sees it.