General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Windows 10 Audio Driver Problems?

keychup

SOLVED:

Replaced Audio Driver with Realtek

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just updated the Audio Driver on my computer after upgrading to Windows 10. Now when I play Warframe everything would be fine until I attempt to open the Options Menu or go to Navigation. One of the following events will occur:

1. The game stops responding and eventually crashes.

2. This error message appears and all sounds will stop: "Lost Audio Device! Please restart the game to try and fix this issue."

Image 1

Image 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional info:

-Joining a session produces the error.

-Creating a lobby produces the error.

-Playing solo does not produce the error.

-Playing through steam

Edited by keychup

Thanks for the report.  So you are saying that even after you restart Warframe you still get the message?

Restarting Warframe fixes the sound. But the error occurs again when I open navigation and create a lobby, or when attempting to access the options menu.

In addition, I recently I discovered the following:

-Joining a session from the friendlist produces the error

-Being invited to a session produces the error.

I've had this same problem as well.

I've found a possible fix. Right click on the sound icon and open play back devices. Choose your current playback device (built in speakers for me), then click on properties and then advanced. Then choose a lower or higher bitrate (either 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz) it depends on your device. 44100 Hz worked for me. Hope this helps!

Edited by BakedNomad

I've had this same problem as well.

I've found a possible fix. Right click on the sound icon and open play back devices. Choose your current playback device (built in speakers for me), then click on properties and then advanced. Then choose a lower or higher bitrate (either 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz) it depends on your device. 44100 Hz worked for me. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the suggestion.

After choosing what I believe is the best sample rate for me the error appears less frequently upon accessing navigation and the options menu. But it does still occur, especially when joining sessions. However, there isn't a problem on some occasions. I did two missions with open squads today without encountering the error, and I usually have no problems when I start a mission solo.

Restarting Warframe fixes the sound. But the error occurs again when I open navigation and create a lobby, or when attempting to access the options menu.

In addition, I recently I discovered the following:

-Joining a session from the friendlist produces the error

-Being invited to a session produces the error.

I'm having the same problem you and I aguandando a fix

• 1 month later...

I'm encountering the same problem. I tried reinstal audio driver and problem presists. I even tried external sound card. My main sound card is Conexant SmartAudio HD driver version 8.54.29.0. I know this driver is from 2012 but i couldn't find anythng more actual.