Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Natah Quest Drone Should Automatically Spawn For Players Above A Certain Rank

AdunSaveMe

Why not? There is basically no reason for it to be this random. None at all. It doesn't 'add to the mystery'. It adds to spamming missions until something appears so you can do content that they put all this effort into, and it's not helped by the fact that people can pretty much just find someone else doing the first mission and get it anyway, effectively rendering the entire rng thing pointless.

You can't justify this. There is no reasoning that makes it seem any less stupid.

1.) You can't fix people catching taxis.

2.) Yes it does "add to the mystery". The Grineer transmission outlines the "what the hell are these things" pretty well. Having them spawn so easily contradicts this notion. Granted this is a personal opinion, thus I'll admit this point of contention is bad.

3.) I don't see an issue grinding missions, after all, this is what Warframe is based on. All you literally have to do is play Desdemona, that's what I did for a couple of hours and I met 3 of these things. I had to meet 3 of them due to a couple of issues. Also, Helios does scan these suckers.

4.) I'm not against having it be a BP quest, per-say, but rather the automatic "lazy-button" solution.

1.) You can't fix people catching taxis.

2.) Yes it does "add to the mystery". The Grineer transmission outlines the "what the hell are these things" pretty well. Having them spawn so easily contradicts this notion. Granted this is a personal opinion, thus I'll admit this point of contention is bad.

3.) I don't see an issue grinding missions, after all, this is what Warframe is based on. All you literally have to do is play Desdemona, that's what I did for a couple of hours and I met 3 of these things. I had to meet 3 of them due to a couple of issues. Also, Helios does scan these suckers.

4.) I'm not against having it be a BP quest, per-say, but rather the automatic "lazy-button" solution.

1. not the point I was making

2. it really doesn't. Not when the spawn chance is so pathetically minuscule and DEMANDS that you play on a certain map enough times to get lucky. It's a gate to enjoying content.

3. but it's not grinding missions for something like a warframe, it's grinding missions for a lucky chance to trigger content that is made rng for an arbitrary reason. Also, good for you, you got lucky.

4. that's nice.

Having the drone guaranteed to appear at a certain point does not remove mystery. Having it randomly appear based on a random chance done by a thing with stuff does not make it mysterious. It is, again, arbitrary. it does not NEED to be a low random chance. It does not BENEFIT from being a random chance, in any way whatsoever.

It would be just as mysterious to have it appear after half a dozen mission completions than any RNG.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

3. but it's not grinding missions for something like a warframe, it's grinding missions for a lucky chance to trigger content that is made rng for an arbitrary reason. Also, good for you, you got lucky.

4. that's nice.

Having the drone guaranteed to appear at a certain point does not remove mystery. Having it randomly appear based on a random chance done by a thing with stuff does not make it mysterious. It is, again, arbitrary. it does not NEED to be a low random chance. It does not BENEFIT from being a random chance, in any way whatsoever.

It would be just as mysterious to have it appear after half a dozen mission completions than any RNG.

3. what is grinding for warframes then? Grinding boss battles or grinding special units for a lucky chance to trigger you getting the part you want. Granted, the chances are better. And yes, I know I got lucky.

4. Yes, it is nice. I just don't like lazy button solutions, sue me.

I was under the impression that we were arguing over an immediate appearance. You play a Uranus mission, and bam there it is. Having it start appearing after completing all sectors +3 or so more missions at least requires effort on the user's part (unless you've already completed those sectors, which should count for something). This is not a lazy button solution, I'd be ok with something like this. Forgive my prior confusion, I am just against ends without the means solutions to things in free to play games.

Because really, RNG-based story progression is ridiculous, and it's a bad path to go down.

So players at a certain rank above 3 should have a guaranteed oddity spawn to start the quest.

I mean really. Working on all this content, then making us require luck to experience it? pls

Maxed MR 18 and still have not seen it, close to 100 missions since the patch at least 50 of them on submerged tile set. I have not seen it yet, I get that they want it to be "rare" but reality is I just want to get the quest done. Most of my frames have 4 Forma in them and I would not be able to use the slot without adding 2+ Forma in to them.

My further thoughts on this after finally getting the quest a second time after I was forced to abort the first spawn. 

(Spoilers... Kinda-ish)

After finishing the quest, it's very clear that there is a specific order to things. Canonically, the quest goes first and the assassination of Tyl Regor goes second. Now that makes me wonder... what was even the point of the RNG? It's clear what they wanted the progression to be. Why not just have the quest trigger after you unlock the Uranus tileset? It makes more sense progression-wise.

1. Unlock Uranus Tileset

2. Do a set amount if Sealab missions (let's say 5, just as an example)

3. Drone shows up, get quest

4. Do quest, progression and story happen

5. Tyl Regor assassination

It just makes more sense to me if they had done it this way. Seriously, if you ever get the quest, it confuses me as to why they went the RNG route in the first place, as there are people that will kill Regor before they ever see the drone, and at that point the entire space-time continuum is boned.