Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return catalyst when selling a weapon

Kse_

I'd like it if the catalyst would be returned to the user when selling the weapon or frame.

Note - paying users would still be motivated to buy catalysts because they could have more at the same time. Also, selling the weapon (therefore losing probably the most powerful weapon and having to use a less powerful one) could be the only way to get it back, so the motivation to buy a catalyst for platinum would still remain.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: whoops wrong forum, please move to weapons&frames, sorry.

Edited by Kse_

Nah, don't like the idea. One has 15 level time to test a warframe or weapon and if you like it you put a reactor/catalyst in it. That's it... reactor/catalyst and warframe/weapon become one item and stronger. If you then sell it.. For whatever reason... your bad. I quote Marcus from BL: No Refunds!

Want a reason? Not everyone playing these games are hardcore. A lot of people will play for days or weeks without realizing they even level up at all. THEN they find they have a ton of points to use. They also discover they get more slots if they upgrade. So they get the catalyst and upgrade. And only then they may want to experiment with other weapons.

Seriously. Someone who never played another game can stumble upon WF and give it a shot. When I played Diablo for the first time back in the day, I had no idea about leveling. Took me a while to figure out and yeah I mismanaged a few items. Yeah I get it, you can buy another catalyst for platinum=money, but not everyone is willing to do that, especially when they can't get it back.

Want a reason? Not everyone playing these games are hardcore. A lot of people will play for days or weeks without realizing they even level up at all. THEN they find they have a ton of points to use. They also discover they get more slots if they upgrade. So they get the catalyst and upgrade. And only then they may want to experiment with other weapons.

Seriously. Someone who never played another game can stumble upon WF and give it a shot. When I played Diablo for the first time back in the day, I had no idea about leveling. Took me a while to figure out and yeah I mismanaged a few items. Yeah I get it, you can buy another catalyst for platinum=money, but not everyone is willing to do that, especially when they can't get it back.

You get free catalysts from the login reward or doing ? alerts. If you installed the catalyst on any rifle, you can do it(even the MkCrap Braton). If you purchased a Strun or Boar, you might have problems at the mid levels due to the fact that they have spreader chokes installed(which makes no sense TBH).

edit:And even then you don't necessarily have to solo.

Edited by KGeddon

then you also know that Diablo didn't had any respec, back in the day.