Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A New Charge Mechanic For Charge Weapons - Or Is It A Bug

Hilgrad

Question

Long story short, I haven't really used a charge weapon in a while; and just used one again after U17 dropped. Took my Archwing out for a spin using the Velocitus. I immediately noticed that the gun's charge rate was slower than what I remembered before; I specifically remember equipping Automatic Trigger (the fire rate mod) ages before to help with the charge speed. I was wondering if the charge speed was nerfed or something, so I did some testing: taking on and off the fire rate mod Automatic Trigger had absolutely no effect on the charge speed of the weapon.

I took some video footage and just finished editing it, but then I saw something I hadn't noticed before while watching the footage; there is a 'Charge Rate' statistic in the weapon stat that remained unaffected when installing or removing the fire rate mod (the fire rate stat changes as expected on installation and removal). I don't remember that being there before. Wanted to make sure that there weren't new mods introduced a while ago that increased charge speed, or whether DE talked about it in a stream; long story short, wanted to make sure if it was actually a bug or not before sending off my report (and save everyone some time).

TLDR: Are fire rate mods still supposed to affect charge speed? They don't for my Velocitus. Is the charge speed stat new/are there plans for new mods and/or other mechanics that affect charge speed?

Cheers for any insight on this.

3 answers to this question

TLDR: Are fire rate mods still supposed to affect charge speed? They don't for my Velocitus. Is the charge speed stat new/are there plans for new mods and/or other mechanics that affect charge speed?

Fire rate mods should affect charge speed. I have not read any sort of notes about changing this. It could be either a bug or your imagination. Idk, since I don't have that weapon atm.

Hmm. Ok. I've definitely got footage to show it (although it's currently uploading now: I'll edit the post when it's up). Yeah, I just remember there being a marked increase in the charge speed after equipping Automatic Trigger before; now it just feels sluggish.

EDIT: Vid's up. Probably still being processed by Youtube.
0:19 and 0:50 for side by side comparisons, but the vid only goes for a minute anyway.

That said, if you've never heard anything of the sort, might be a bug. I'll send the report off, thanks for your help. Edited by Hilgrad