Status Procs

Dissonetic

I can't be the only one frustrated by this: I spend all this time forma'ing and leveling up a weapon to max it out, and when I go all in on a certain status, even with 100% status proc chance, I will RARELY get the desired status. 4000 Magnetic damage and 12 Slash? Let's give you 4 Slash debuffs before any Magnetic debuffs. The ratio of the effect happening isn't even a fair chance. it's skewed so horribly you're more likely to see Slash/Puncture before any elemental effects.

The thing that makes me the most upset is how EASY this would be to fix: On the weapon screen, let us choose WHICH Debuff we want. If I want to make a hammer that does nothing but Impact knockdowns, why the bloody hell can't I? Because it has 3 puncture damage!?

With all of these recent changes to improve the game, the fact that we still suffer the RNG Gods for a decent part of this game is annoying and unneeded. Aside from crits, which are designed to be random by their very nature, NOTHING ELSE in this game should be left to chance. It takes away the feeling of both skill AND customization. I want to make a bow that only does poison procs? Why can't I do that? It just seems silly.

If you want guaranteed status procs, use weapons with elemental base damage. Physical damage procs have a 4-times probability of occuring compared to elemental procs. This is why the Marelok tends to knock enemies back more often than proccing more useful effects. Tysis, Quanta Vandal/Amprex, Lecta are my go-to weapons for reliable status. I don't even bother with status builds on other weapons unless they have a high fire rate, large magazine size, or very quick reload.