Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Still Sucks

Holeypaladin

I mean why would anyone pick up the supra? It's a pain in the ! to make,

I take you don't do Invasions. Prior to building mine last week i had 37 Fieldrons that i had been rewarded with from assorted Invasions across the system.

I held off on making till just recently as i knew it was going to be buffed and i have to say im pleasantly surprised with it and it's likely going to replace the Soma in my Defense Loadout. Need to stick a couple more Forma onto it to make everything i want fit but its been doing well so far.

Edited by AzureTerra

Well, everyone who was complaining about the proposed projectile speed increase got their wish.  No improvements to projectile speed.

And because its projectiles are still so slow... Supra still sucks.

It's a direct competitor with the boltor prime, only it's less accurate, lower damage, and slower projectiles.  It has a higher max rate of fire sure but with the windup and the slow projectiles, it's still absolute garbage for a MR7 weapon.

Oh well... at least I don't need to worry about building another one.  I'll just keep using boltor prime if I want to fill that weapon role.

the main problem here is, soma type weapons are broken, that includes soma, soma prime, aksomati and dual raza

People really like comparing apples to oranges, then following by whining that the apple isn't polished enough.

Not every damned weapon in this game is to be a "direct competitor to a Boltor or Soma Prime". It's a MR7 weapon, a gigantic bullethose that can be modded to do more than 700 damage a friggin bullet. And it has 180 of those in a mag. And 10 times that in reserve. 

The gun has bad accuracy! Sure, compared to an assault rifle or semi auto. Compared to other LMGs and heavy weapons, not at all. It's just fine.

It's projectile speed is too slow and sluggish! Don't use the gun like a sniper rifle then. Get to medium range and enjoy wrecking face. Or you know what? Mod if for punch through. Enjoy your flesh devouring lawnmower. Seriously. Not every gun is going to be suited for a certain playstyle. Same reason why shotguns have range issues. Because they have a different intended playstyle. LMGs are supposed to be mid to close range weapons and with a tiny tiny bit of practice, you can completely negate both the spread and travel time of the Supra.

And for those who keep preaching crap about it being a giant pain to unlock...the real fact of the matter is that the current "endgame assault rifles" are not mastery capped. Which is not really cohesive to progression. So yes, the Supra is tough to obtain, but the other weapons aren't designed with as much thought as it was back in the day when it comes to unlocking. I'm guaranteeing that the complaining will go away when the dev team realizes that the "OP" weapons need MR locks. To atleast provide a semblance of progression in the game.

Whew, the opinions on this topic is heavy forsure.

My only standing Ill lastly say, is there's way better weapons that can out pass supra just on building requirements alone.. also yes I know how to build weapons to their tops because I actually read and learn the damage types, fire rate, spread, accuracy, forma ect.

If you so desire to say that supra is your favorite weapon then go ahead, but saying "your doing it wrong" makes me wished I never even caught my eye on this topic.

This topic with the replies reminds me how people reacted when the supra first came out whiles ago, some saying it's op to some say horrible.

It's a direct competitor with the boltor prime, only it's less accurate, lower damage, and slower projectiles.  It has a higher max rate of fire sure but with the windup and the slow projectiles, it's still absolute garbage

90% of primaries are garbage compared to Boltor Prime.  This is a problem with Boltor Prime and not with the Supra.

Not every damned weapon in this game is to be a "direct competitor to a Boltor or Soma Prime". It's a MR7 weapon, a gigantic bullethose that can be modded to do more than 700 damage a friggin bullet. And it has 180 of those in a mag. And 10 times that in reserve.

Supra is not adequately effective when considering how late it can be acquired and how expensive it is. If it was just another market weapon for every MR <4, I can bet that nobody would be whining about its performance, but considering it's a damn clantech MR7 weapon with stats that pretty much scream "corpus boltor mg" it will get compared to Boltor Prime a lot, because they are built for pretty much the same purpose. Hit hard, and keep hitting hard for quite some time without relying on status or crits.

Supra is bad at hitting hard, because its effective range where you can keep spraying and getting most of the shots hit is quite low, compared to nigh-pinpoint accurate Boltor Prime.

Projectile velocity is not as much problem as it used to be, but it still limits effective performance against moving targets.

Reaching "700 damage a friggin bullet" pretty much requires hcal, which further decreases its performance over range.

And it has 6 mags in reserve.

Imho, the one damn change Supra needs now is innate ammo regen, it would alleviate pretty much every issue it has now. It would have infinite ammo efficiency so everyone could just spray away and hope something hits the target.

Edited by Mofixil

Supra is not adequately effective when considering how late it can be acquired and how expensive it is. If it was just another market weapon for every MR <4, I can bet that nobody would be whining about its performance, but considering it's a damn clantech MR7 weapon with stats that pretty much scream "corpus boltor mg" it will get compared to Boltor Prime a lot, because they are built for pretty much the same purpose. Hit hard, and keep hitting hard for quite some time without relying on status or crits.

Supra is bad at hitting hard, because its effective range where you can keep spraying and getting most of the shots hit is quite low, compared to nigh-pinpoint accurate Boltor Prime.

Projectile velocity is not as much problem as it used to be, but it still limits effective performance against moving targets.

Reaching "700 damage a friggin bullet" pretty much requires hcal, which further decreases its performance over range.

And it has 6 mags in reserve.

Imho, the one damn change Supra needs now is innate ammo regen, it would alleviate pretty much every issue it has now. It would have infinite ammo efficiency so everyone could just spray away and hope something hits the target.

I really don't think the weapon screams Corpus Boltor. It screams Corpus Gorgon. And compared to a Gorgon, it does far more damage. 

People keep talking about hitting hard being difficult for the gun because of effective range. I don't understand this. Why would range matter do much for a weapon with a decent accuracy? Yes, it isn't pinpoint, but you need to lead your shots a bit and spray a bit more. That doesn't make the gun suck. 

And I reached 700 damage a bullet with Serration, Split Chamber, and 2 elemental combos. I don't use Heavy Cal because losing accuracy seems to be a stupid loss for me. Especially since I almost always aim for the head. 

Sustainability of Supra ends quicker than most top-tier guns out there. On top of that, it requires much stricter trigger discipline and a lot of luck to make RNG actually put bullets where you want them to be.

Yall need to step your game up. The supra is only about 27% or so less powerful than a boltor prime (in terms of raw damage per projectile). If it was more powerful it'd be really OP. I think its in an ok place as is. 

Status is terrible, Suda bandaid always was additive bonus on top of base status, but every other mod still scales off base 5% status (used to be 2.5%)

If it doesn't need to be more accurate, it needs to shoot more bullets to bruteforce through its lack of accuracy, innate ammo regen would make me shut up once and for all.

Supra is 27% less powerful than Boltor on paper, this 27% difference is its peak performance reached within very specific circumstances.

Supra may have lower damage per shot than Boltor P, but it has more firerate and with those ammo reserves will sustain fire for a lot longer, resulting in more DPS.

Shall I add that Supra has a syndicate mod that restores your energy and makes it's status chance better that that of Boltor P?

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Supra just wastes more bullets in shorter period of time, lower damage and higher firerate might even this out in the end, but accuracy is still lacking.

And Supra with syndicate mod still has less status than Boltor Prime when built around status, the only scenario where Supra has more status than Boltor is pure raw damage, where again, Supra loses.

Supra just wastes more bullets in shorter period of time, lower damage and higher firerate might even this out in the end, but accuracy is still lacking.

And Supra with syndicate mod still has less status than Boltor Prime when built around status, the only scenario where Supra has more status than Boltor is pure raw damage, where again, Supra loses.

one cannot compare a clan research weapon to a prime weapon. if boltor prime was worse than supra it wouldnt make any sense and would need to be corrected. now if they made prisma supra or supra vandal you can bet it will out class boltor prime in raw damage.

one cannot compare a clan research weapon to a prime weapon. if boltor prime was worse than supra it wouldnt make any sense and would need to be corrected. now if they made prisma supra or supra vandal you can bet it will out class boltor prime in raw damage.

Boltor Prime:

- No mastery rank requirement

- Tradable

- Moderate build requirements

Supra

- Mastery rank 7

- Not tradable

- High build requirements

Clearly Supra can be negotiated to be a superior or at least comparable weapon even though it's not "prime" based on these facts.  Plus not every prime is actually a strong weapon that is best in class. How many people do you see using Sicarus Prime, for example?

Boltor Prime:

- Tradable

Supra

- Mastery rank 7

- Not tradable

Clearly Supra can be negotiated to be a superior or at least comparable weapon even though it's not "prime" based on these facts.  Plus not every prime is actually a strong weapon that is best in class. How many people do you see using Sicarus Prime, for example?

it is their choice not to use sicarus prime that doesnt make it a bad weapon. people have different tastes also dragon nikana is MR 8 and there are much stronger weapons than it that are not prime and are of lower rank. like galatine and scindo and especially boltace. it being a prime weapon does matter. of the throw weapons the strongest one is glaive prime, of the rifles the ones in the upper tier are all prime weapons(burston prime, braton prime, boltor prime etc), of the shotguns and only because of syndicate mods hek pulls out on top, as for secondaries its starting to look like hikou prime, vasto prime, Lex Prime, akbronco prime(i mean you dont see alot of people using akbronco prime but omg its powerful) it all comes down to taste really.

Boltor Prime:

- Tradable

Supra

- Mastery rank 7

- Not tradable

Technically Boltor P is MR2-restricted, which is the minimum rank required for trading. Still stupid though. Make it 10+, I say.

You're right about the prime thing, too. As I said in another thread, with the Boltor, there is no primed weapon more disproportionately powerful than its original. The prime does over double the per-shot damage of the regular one, as well as having increased fire rate, accuracy, projectile speed, heck, pretty much every other stat is better. Many other primes tweak just one or two, and some actually worsen them (see Vasto Prime).

Edited by Dualice

Supra outdid it's competitors in Killing capacity even before it got any stat adjustments.

it's always been an incredibly effective Weapon at Killing. people simply don't like it because it doesn't let them W+M1.

well, if you want to do that, feel free to use the other 90% of Weapons in the game. if you don't like this one because it's not easy enough, whatever.

the things that Players complain make Supra useless, are it's defining factors, all of which don't matter if you can handle using Weapons. not pinpoint Accurate, not RayTrace, has Spool Up? all can be circumvented from being a problem with skill.

do i want Supra to fire 3 Projectiles each 'shot' (but not be a Shotgun)? yes.

do i want that 'triangle shot' to also make it quite Accurate when at low Spool and filling the air at high Spool? yes.

do i want a Mod for -Projectile Speed, +...useful things? yes.

do i want viable Crits and usable Status? yes.

would being a bottomless Weapon that utlizes the Vidya Game standard Overheating system, and the current Reload would let you dump 50% of the heat quickly? yes.

it still performs well as it is despite.

Supra is so hard to use!

my only answer is git gud.

controlling Weapons in Warframe is so trivially easy. this is not a hardcore game, Weapons can all shoot basically perfect regardless of what stats.

if another Weapon is easier to use, that's because 85-90% of the Weapons in the game can be used with W+M1. you don't operate the Weapon and Kill with the Weapon, the Weapon Kills FOR you.

that's the wrong way around.