Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Buff

DarkLordX2

So, the Boar Prime got a buff.

I did some math, these are the results:

Old Boar Prime:

117 Damage x 5.8 Fire Rate = 678.6 Burst DPS / 2.3 Reload = 295.04347826 DPS (295 DPS)

New Boar Prime:

184 Damage x 4.67 Fire Rate = 859.28 Burst DPS  / 2.8 Reload = 306.88571429 DPS (306 DPS)

306 - 295 = 11

So, basically, 11 more DPS.

That's some sick damage buff there mate.

And it's somehow more ammo efficient now.

Edited by DarkLordX2

So, basically, 11 more DPS.

And it's somehow more ammo efficient now.

This is just damage on paper that doesn't account armor scaling in endgame scenarios.

The old boar basically removed armor with it's 100% status procs. The new one has a lowered status chance which results in lower actual damage output when dealing with highly armored enemies. And this simple fact makes it's ammo economy worse.

Soooo it got nerfed

This is just damage on paper that doesn't account armor scaling in endgame scenarios.

The old boar basically removed armor with it's 100% status procs. The new one has a lowered status chance which results in lower actual damage output when dealing with highly armored enemies. And this simple fact makes it's ammo economy worse.

Soooo it got nerfed

Either way, even if it's just damage on paper, it does account armor scaling in endgame scenarios, anyway, my Boar P has a Status Chance of 98%~.

It got a slight buff in the ammo efficiency, and a slight nerf on its status. But yeah, damage on paper does matter. And this isn't just damage on paper, it's the actual damage in-game.

Also, you can mod the weapon for status or damage, making the argument of end game scenarios kind of invalid, given that not everyone mods their weapon for Status.

Either way, even if it's just damage on paper, it does account armor scaling in endgame scenarios, anyway, my Boar P has a Status Chance of 98%~.

It got a slight buff in the ammo efficiency, and a slight nerf on its status. But yeah, damage on paper does matter. And this isn't just damage on paper, it's the actual damage in-game.

Also, you can mod the weapon for status or damage, making the argument of end game scenarios kind of invalid, given that not everyone mods their weapon for Status.

Keep in mind my opinion is based on several showcases and other people's reports, I couldn't test this myself:

The "slight" nerf in status results in a lower overall status chance, for example your 98% compared to 100%. Now on paper thats's just a difference of 2% but in game the 100% status chance makes every single pellet proc which was the only feature that made the Boar Prime even remotely usable in high lvl survivals to begin with. This "feature" is only applied when we reach 100% status chance.

I agree, damage on paper does matter but becomes more and more unimportant as we fight stronger enemies where raw damage simply doesn't suffice due to ridiculous damage mitigation of enemy armor. That's exactly why we run Corrosive Projection when we're going for long survival runs. Removing enemy armor is key for optimal damage output.

The old Boar Prime with it's guaranteed proc on every pellet was able to inflict so many status procs in such a small amount of time that it could outperform the "buffed" variant when fired at a lvl 95 Heavy Gunner (as shown in the video I posted a bunch of times):

The old version removed the enemies' armor in 0.8 seconds. Then it's raw damage could directly be applied to the enemies health.

The new version couldn't fully remove the enemies armor due to less status procs. It's raw buffed damage still wasn't strong enough to outperform it's predecessor because of ridiculous enemy armor.

This video is just one example that clearly shows that on paper damage is not as important as people make it out to be. And this videos clearly shows that the Boar Prime was anything else but buffed: Lower status (which is bad enough), slower fire rate and a longer reload. DE needs to look at this again.

Edited by (PS4)MikeCopa