Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

I have a theory about that. Those without carrier tend to have to move more to manually collect stuff, and since hitscan weapon lose accuracy the more you move, they're getting hit less. Carrier lets your loot grab detection area to be smaller so you move less so you get hit more often.

If carrier is the most used companion then the likelihood you will find a crap player running around with a carrier goes up, that isn't a causation relationship, just statistics.

I prefer carrier to other sentinels because then my combat patterns aren't determined by loot location. I can get *near* the ammo/mod/health/energy I want/need and pick it up without having to actually practically run over it. It might be dangerous for me to actually run over the loot's location, but carrier can pull it to me from a potentially safer spot behind a pillar or around a corner/etc. I also don't have to run around in a circle like an idiot going over each piece of loot to pick it up, I can parkour 2.0 bullet jump all over the place and practically suck all the loot in the room to me even from  a floor above/below.

One of the biggest problems with chesa doing the one item at a time thing isn't the one item, it's the delivery method. If you are wall clinging or on a ledge or something, chesa will never come to you. Even if chesa picks up one loot item at a time, it needs to use that magic link between the two of you to western union that shiz to you, not physically bring it to you when half the time it can't keep up/can't get to where you are anyway.

Edited by Wakeoflove

When is DE anticipating that the reworking / fixing of the Chesa Kubrow functionality will be finished? DE Steve mentioned it is intended to be comparable to carrier yet at the moment it is not. The solution seems rather straight forward that I feel most players would really appreciate.

- Copy/Paste code which causes the players warframe to have a small area drop pickup so that where the Kubrow traverses it also automatically picks up drops along its immediate area the same as the player. Have those pickups immediately put into the players inventory the same as if the player picked them up or if carrier picked them up. Similar to how Mirage clones function. Since other kubrows can somehow restore shields, make the player invisible, and are linked directly to the player's health, shields, and armor surely no one would consider linking pickups to be unreasonable.

- Delete the unnecessary and unreliable code (retrieve/fetch) which makes the Kubrow come back the the player and drop the items near them. Often times the location where the items are dropped are outside of the players pickup area. Additionally, when the player is moving, which is most of the time, the Kubrow is dropping the items behind you. Since you are moving away those items never get picked up.

- If it is insisted to keep the fetch coding, then at least prioritize the items retrieved or allow the player to instruct the Kubrow on what the priority is. At the moment, the Kubrow may ignore a rare mod or resource and instead bring credits or a common mod.

- Keep the container breaking function.

- Allow the Kubrow to pick up many more items along its route, quickly and efficiently, rather than just one item. The 17.0.4 patch notes indicate this change was made but it is either still broken or so minor that to the player it seems that the Kubrow only picks up one item

Lol, I hope you guys don't mean a Kubrow somehow magically takes all loots at once. Chesa picks up a loot with it's mouth, like a regular dog with common sense.

yeahhhh this is what i was thinking from the start when U17 first went live and PC was scrambling to breed one of these little mutts. I kinda laughed cuz if that's a precept for him, his only other ability would be a single target attack that i think just about every Kubrow has. This epiphany is no big surprise to me, just the concept sounded weak like another grind sink not even presented in such a way that it would be interesting to undertake. Like: you already have Carrier who works wonders, would giving it a dog body and making it melee damage only make it that much better when it can only pick things up with it's mouth?

EDIT: i maybe wrong but doesn't Carrier also shoot and vacuum at the same time? and he can vacuum from a significant range as well. So a kubrow who's retrieving doesn't sound like it's attacking kinda making him inferior from the start, right?

Edited by (PS4)StillbornKumquat

time to nerf carrier like they nerfed shade.

then you will stop complaining and skipping "content"

j/k

i see very good suggestions to change/fix it here i can only add my +1 and hope they can the pickup skill at least as good as carrier's in some way

Edited by ..atom..

Players "Hey DE, can you guys make Chesa Kubrow to be in line with Carrier?"

DE "Sure, no problem! We'll just nerf vacuum so it slowly draws in 1 loot at a time towards you!"

Players "           " 

I sincerely hope DE doesnt do this some day. 

DE "Sure, no problem! We'll just nerf vacuum so it slowly draws in 1 loot at a time towards you!"

Players "           " 

would make sense, they just released a prime version of him. Maybe the prime will stay un-nerfed.

Edited by (PS4)StillbornKumquat

When is DE anticipating that the reworking / fixing of the Chesa Kubrow functionality will be finished? DE Steve mentioned it is intended to be comparable to carrier yet at the moment it is not. The solution seems rather straight forward that I feel most players would really appreciate.

- Copy/Paste code which causes the players warframe to have a small area drop pickup so that where the Kubrow traverses it also automatically picks up drops along its immediate area the same as the player. Have those pickups immediately put into the players inventory the same as if the player picked them up or if carrier picked them up. Similar to how Mirage clones function. Since other kubrows can somehow restore shields, make the player invisible, and are linked directly to the player's health, shields, and armor surely no one would consider linking pickups to be unreasonable.

- Delete the unnecessary and unreliable code (retrieve/fetch) which makes the Kubrow come back the the player and drop the items near them. Often times the location where the items are dropped are outside of the players pickup area. Additionally, when the player is moving, which is most of the time, the Kubrow is dropping the items behind you. Since you are moving away those items never get picked up.

- If it is insisted to keep the fetch coding, then at least prioritize the items retrieved or allow the player to instruct the Kubrow on what the priority is. At the moment, the Kubrow may ignore a rare mod or resource and instead bring credits or a common mod.

- Allow the Kubrow to pick up many more items along its route, quickly and efficiently, rather than just one item. The 17.0.4 patch notes indicate this change was made but it is either still broken or so minor that to the player it seems that the Kubrow only picks up one item

^This, is brilliant! Not OP, while at the same time addressing the new kubrows' severe shortcomings!

DE - PLEASE, PLEASE look at this as a fix for the new kubrow issues.

I agree whole heartedly with the above post. DE please take another look at Chesa last hotfix did nothing noticeable to fix the underlying issues of the Chesa.

^Many, many posts like this one, should help push DE towards a more comprehensive fix for the new Kubrow and it's many shortcomings.

Players "           " 

^This, has me worried. You shouldn't have given them the idea!

I really hope DE looks at what this guy says and doesn't ignore the chesa comepletely after their minor hotfix. Everything he says is what we need for the Chesa to become a functioning kubrow and at least comparable to the Carrier.

I really hope DE looks at what this guy says and doesn't ignore the chesa comepletely after their minor hotfix. Everything he says is what we need for the Chesa to become a functioning kubrow and at least comparable to the Carrier.

Thanks. I hope that this thread gets enough attention, replies, and constant activity that DE cannot ignore it. Please everyone help keep this thread alive and in the forefront of the General Discussion section. Although one would wish that DE will devote the attention needed to make the Chesa what is should be, I have a nagging fear that their efforts will instead be focused on the new catbrow. I really want the Chesa to work so that something can finally stand toe to toe with King Carrier and we will have some variety. I look forward to putting my carrier on the shelf for a while and using a Chesa but at the moment it just isn't viable.

I would love to see a response here from someone at DE letting the players know whether they now consider the Chesa finished because of the hotfix or if they understand it still needs work and plan to improve its functionality. Perhaps if everyone asks Steve again on his Twitter page we can once again get a clear and direct response as he did before regarding the current state of the Chesa.

Edited by cobra302

Thanks. I hope that this thread gets enough attention, replies, and constant activity that DE cannot ignore it. Please everyone help keep this thread alive and in the forefront of the General Discussion section. Although one would wish that DE will devote the attention needed to make the Chesa what is should be, I have a nagging fear that their efforts will instead be focused on the new catbrow. I really want the Chesa to work so that something can finally stand toe to toe with King Carrier and we will have some variety. I look forward to putting my carrier on the shelf for a while and using a Chesa but at the moment it just isn't viable.

I would love to see a response here from someone at DE letting the players know whether they now consider the Chesa finished because of the hotfix or if they understand it still needs work and plan to improve its functionality. Perhaps if everyone asks Steve again on his Twitter page we can once again get a clear and direct response as he did before regarding the current state of the Chesa.

come on DE! Some one I this thread just told you a good solution! Please take that in consideration you promised a equivalent to carrier now it's time to deliver so I can throw more money at you lol

de PLEASE LISTEN TO HIM

Players "           " 

To be honest, i actually do hope that they do that.

I imagine further chesa development may have been stalled by the devs taking whatever trip it is they are on, but hopefully when they get back they will make it viable. We know this is not the kubrow we were promised because Sheldon said the carrier kubrow would look way different than a normal one, but this one looks like any other kubrow, so clearly him taking so much time off to spend time with his real dog impacted chesa, but they shouldn't let that slide, give us the chesa we were promised, not this woefully insufficient stand in.

I am posting this here too because I don't know which, if any chesa thread the devs might be reading, but this came to me:

Pathing problems are HUGE for kubrow, if you're up on top of any surface, a pillar, a box, whatever, they won't bring the loot to you. As to the adorable animation some people have brought up... I find I'm usually far too busy in combat to notice this fetching thing, and I think they could have gone even MORE adorable and futuristic, genetically engineered/cyborg dog by making it magnetize all the loot to it's fur and then it comes and shakes it all off near you, that'd be hilarious and adorable.... though still probably not that practical. Unless this was something it did over a huge range when next to master, i.e. when the kubrow comes within x meters of master, it howls and then essentially greedy pulls everything onto it over a large radius and then shakes it off onto the ground and goes about it's business. They could make it so at the end of this animation all the loot gets automatically placed in inventory even if it fell outside of the warframe's native collection radius to avert the annoyances having to then manually pick it up would cause, especially if it happened while you were already on the move and didn't notice.

Although that wouldn't counter the issues of pathing cause then the kubrow wouldn't do it at all when you're not near it... so perhaps it is guaranteed to do it when you are in a certain range of it or it does so much more frequently when you are near, but will periodically do it on its own say after so many seconds or immediately after looting a crate. So if within x meters of master it could loot every 15 seconds, outside of that range every 30? (examples, that might be far too infrequent to work.) and guaranteed loot pull after looting crates. Although I suppose it depends on how generous of a radius the devs gave it, that could be part of the trade off too, carrier is constantly looting within a smaller radius but the kubrow periodically loots a MASSIVE radius.

Or the kubrow could have a loot detection radius and when it detects x amount of loot in range, it aoe pulls and deposits into inventory, this might make it more reliable than if it were based on cool down timers.

They could also use this "magnetic kubrow" to justify giving this kubrow AOE disarm, it could work in a very small radius as pulling the weapon out of an enemy's hands would likely be more difficult than other loot, so it rushes into a group, pulls all the guns in a small area then proceeds to maul them.

I came here today in hopes of seeing that DE had officially responded to the concerns discussed or at least advised/acknowledged whether the Chesa is still being worked on. It is disappointing that a thread with almost 7,500 views has managed to get buried and forgotten. Clearly this is a topic that many people are concerned about and would like to see addressed. Yet it looks like it will fade away and be ignored.

Edited by cobra302

I don't know... I feel like that even if the Chesa gets a buff on Retrieve, it will still face the pathing issues. They have to fix that first, or else we will keep seeing kubrows stuck between a container and a wall.

And I'm even more afraid of a Carrier nerf, to justify the Chesa functioning like this.

Edited by RextintorZ

I have nice situations with my Chesa, like Draco ending and I'm like 5m away from U5rare and Chesa just runing to it and geting it for me before Time ends :D.

Then I had stupid situations with Chesa, like him running to a energy restore and coming back only with it, even thou there was a mod 1m to the left of that said energy restore.

What I want to say is, I can see the potential but it need more work.