Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

+1 to this whole thread, and props again to Cobra for keeping everything updated with a timeline. It really puts things in perspective when you see how long it has been. That whole time, nothing (except for the whole 3 items "upgrade") has really been done to fix this.

IMO, they'll never get around to it. DE is too concerned with new item releases than fixing any of the hundreds of bugs and content requests they already have. We'll get new weapons and frames, etc. LOOOOOOOONG before we see any fixes. Positive changes, even less likely as people are less likely to buy new stuff, if they're happy with what they already have.

With the vacuum on its behind or below? Yeeeeaaaaah... Maybe the front; on top? Yowza!

It's gotta be an android kubrow!

Or it could just be a magic kubrow.. that emits a magnetic aura from it's mouth that pulls everything to it like gpull.

That or just turn it into a Yoshi/Kirby that devours everything and pukes it on the ground next to you. :)

Shame that with the multishot fiasco all the forum talks about is multishot and as result DE will probably prioritize this one thing before we see anything done to Chesa. And by prioritize I meant we may well see a "all hand on deck" for dmg 3.0, that we start seeing pop up in forum and some from DE tweets from staff.

I think Kubrows in general need a lot more focus from the devs, not just especially Chesa. The Kubrows give DE loads of cash due to their high platinum market with their imprints. Not to mention how much accessories and paints they sell. And the incubator upgrade, eggs and so on.

Really sad to see that none of the resources that the Kubrows "earn" for DE actually goes to improving them. They keep getting shafted over and over again. Their AI has been completely garbage from pretty much day 1 (I have been using Kubrows ever since they got released). Pretty much only thing we ever got was the band aid solution for Kubrows not following/getting stuck was the "amazing" teleporting. No real fixes have been made.

It infuriates me how DE can just ignore the Kubrows even though they are making a good profit out of them. Like they don't even care how frustrated the "pet owners" are as long as DE gets their money.

If they release the Catbrows before fixing the general AI and basic patfinding for the Kubrows then it's confirmed that DE simply doesn't care.

It infuriates me how DE can just ignore the Kubrows even though they are making a good profit out of them. Like they don't even care how frustrated the "pet owners" are as long as DE gets their money.

I WANT PET-FISH!!, sry can't help it when i saw that.

+1 to buffing/fixing movement path AI, to improve kubrow' AI and also AI improvement for dumb infested running to a wall in survival.

-long arse history-

WOW. Impressive history list. Hopefully Chesa and Kubrows in general get the AI fix they need.

Nnnnot a lot of hope for Catbrows or Kubrows though: https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/639213316997431296

It's like he's somehow still unaware of everyone's issues with the fluffy AI and kubrows doing.. nothing. Or getting stuck inside stair cases, that happens a lot.

WOW. Impressive history list. Hopefully Chesa and Kubrows in general get the AI fix they need.

Nnnnot a lot of hope for Catbrows or Kubrows though: https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/639213316997431296

It's like he's somehow still unaware of everyone's issues with the fluffy AI and kubrows doing.. nothing. Or getting stuck inside stair cases, that happens a lot.

Having 1 tab on the gear menu to summon/teleport your Doge would temporarily fix the stairs issue. Something like Dynasty Warriors or Witcher 3. Doing anything is better than doing nothing - especially on content abandoned for this long.

Im expecting some kind of change after 17.5 but I doubt chesa going to be made on par to carrier's vacuum.

prior to its release it was called the retriever kubrow, so it would go around grabbing things. If DE gave it a radial suction ability, it will be under cooldown so it definitely wont be as good as carrier and we'll start having threads saying how chesa kubrow suction precept is immersion breaking.

Really, the only fix i can imagine is they remove the having to return to owner to give item aspect of it so whatever it picks up is instantly added to your inventory and increase its search radius. At least then it would give it an edge to carrier.

I like the retrieving and I like how cute the Kubrow looks when it does it. I just want it to do it "passively" when fighting the enemies. Quickly picking up stuff at the same time as fighting. Then every now and then a really fast charge to its owner to drop the stuff. Then if enemies are not present the Kubrow should quickly grab the stuff and return to owner.

They just need to fix the pathfinding and make the retrieving much faster and constant.

Also Chesa's Retrieve should ONLY affect the owners items. Just like Mag's Greedy Pull at the moment.

Edited by Judqment8

Im expecting some kind of change after 17.5 but I doubt chesa going to be made on par to carrier's vacuum.

prior to its release it was called the retriever kubrow, so it would go around grabbing things. If DE gave it a radial suction ability, it will be under cooldown so it definitely wont be as good as carrier and we'll start having threads saying how chesa kubrow suction precept is immersion breaking.

Really, the only fix i can imagine is they remove the having to return to owner to give item aspect of it so whatever it picks up is instantly added to your inventory and increase its search radius. At least then it would give it an edge to carrier.

1) Vaccum-equipped kubrow by the jaws.

2) Kubrow loots 1,2,3,4 Mods & unlimited energy/health/ammo it pass.

3) Let it die...

I'd rather see them keep the retrieving gimmick as it looks awesome and makes actual sense. Like I said they only need to fix the issues with the AI and make the Kubrow to act a lot faster and generally be more agile with the doggie parkour and the Chesa would be lovely to use.

It's not meant to be exactly the same as the Carrier. Carrier sucks items around you, but Chesa should retrieve items from farther away. They should both be almost as effective though, Chesa getting lots of stuff periodically and Carrier sucking constantly around you.

Edited by Judqment8

just in case you guys missed it several pages back.

Hehe, thanks for reposting that but you could have quoted my post instead of posting only the image again. :P

EDIT: Well thanks for adding credit to me. :3

Edited by Sci_Ant