Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

Eh...thats a shame. I guess im going to keep my carrier. 

Im still going to hope DE would change it though, like Chesa would swiftly run around to collect and carry around the loot, then after picking up like 20 or so loot, or when theres no more loot around then the dog would bring them all to you.

You're a guest?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another example how terrible Chesa is and why it does more harm than good:

the stupid dog was carrying the mod away from me and got lost with it's poor pathing I had to chase her and couldn't get close to her before the mission end.

4kQINDb.jpg

Same often happens on the infested maps (Eris) - dog gets stuck in the geometry with a mod, so you have to run further away  to make her teleport (if thats your dog, if its someone else - say bye-bye to that drop).  This functionality is not just 'not good enough' it's outright bad and has a negative effect on loot gathering. I don't want to have Chesa in my games at all.

- It should affect drop for the owner only

-  It should transfer drops to owner as soon as the dog gets them, not when the dog runs back to the owner. I know how hard it is to make pathfinding perfect, you have to simplify the retrieval process, doesn't matter if its not realistic, what matter is that it's useful and functions properly

Edited by Monolake

oh dude....you better hope carrier users dont see that....they will eat you alive lol.

why would this upset carrier users? people mostly just use it for the vacuum effect, if its turned into a universal effect on all frames or companions then all it does is free players up to use other options, which sounds like something to pleased about not the opposite.

as a carrier user myself i would love for vacuum to become more of a default effect on all sentinels (i have never seen a point in making looting a challenge in a game all about mobility and jumping around) and then just see carrier and chesa get reworked with new mechanics. then maybe i could use my other companions more without such an obnoxious drawback.

Right, so I've been playing with my Chesa for some time now... It's honestly not that bad.

It's not CARRIER, obviously, and it's certainly not my beloved Sahasa Cinder, but Soot's brought me some nice things and generally been a pal.

My BIGGEST complaint, I think, is that his ability to open containers is a BIT lacking. I think he should be able to one-shot them and get what's inside.

My Chesa is the best ,

Always brings me what I need and takes weapons form everyone ,

Honesty the Chesa has proven to be the most useful of all the kubrows ,

I never start a mission without my Chesa.

how did you get here? you must be from a parallel universe

how did you get here? you must be from a parallel universe

An alternate universe where DE is actually ED, Grineer wear flower bonnets and Corpus wear buckets, the Infested do nothing but smoke weed all day and stare at Orokin Derelict power orbs, and the Lotus told her mother she like likes Maroo.

Updated:  10/29/15

Current thread views:  24,719

Last Update with any Kubrow Fixes:  Update 17.2.4 on 8/26/2015

Existing Chesa Issues:

- items retrieved per trip does not pickup all items in immediate area that should obviously be retrieved

- pathing

- prioritization of items to be retrieved

- delay in retrieved items being conveyed to owner

- items retrieved often dropped far from owner or during return to owner due to collision with objects or terrain

- some retrieved items never conveyed to owner due to Chesa's inability to physically keep up with owner, upon teleport to owner items has lost

- kubrow general issue, inability to restrict or prioritize kubrow to certain tasks via mod equipping to specific slots, that is to say the sentinels have attack precept mod, kubrows do not

== Historical Timeline ==

7/31/2015  Update 17: Echoes of the Sentient

Chesa kubrow is first introduced and only picks up one drop at a time.

8/1/2015

This thread is created, among others, expressing frustration at how different the Chesa functionality is from what players wanted and what DE implied would be delivered. I.E. A viable alternative to King Carrier.

8/2/2015

DE Steve is asked about if the Chesa was intended to be comparable to carrier on his Twitter and he states.

"that is the goal sorta, needs some improvements"

8/4/2015

DE Steve is asked again about the Chesa's functionality on his Twitter and he states.

"We've already admitted/planned to improve... not sure why a half dozen tweets about it is needed."

8/6/2015  Update 17.0.4

Patch Notes:  "The Chesa Kubrow’s Retrieve ability will now grab multiple items at once."

(Yup, mine picks up the huge amount of 3 items at one time now.)

8/7/2015  Update 17.0.5

No Chesa fix.

8/12/2015  Updates 17.1.0-17.1.4

No Chesa fix.

8/13/2015  Prime Time #83 (time code 50:47)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/510537-thanks-for-watching-prime-time-83/#entry5700359

DE Sheldon states:  "Hey, there is a fix almost ready for Chesa. I was gonna say I tested it today. Chesa will go around and pickup all kinds of stuff before she comes back to you."

8/14/2015  Update 17.1.5

No Chesa fix.

8/19/2015  Update 17.2

No Chesa fix.

8/20/2015  Update 17.2.1

No Chesa fix.

8/21/2015  Update 17.2.2

No Chesa fix.

8/24/2015  Update 17.2.3

No Chesa fix.

8/26/2015  Update 17.2.4

Patch Notes:  "Fixed some inconsistencies with Chesa retrieval behaviour on items that are in areas that have already been retrieved. More fixes will be rolled out as we continue to address polish items."

8/27/2015  Update 17.2.5

No Chesa fix.

8/28/2015  Update 17.2.6

No Chesa fix.

8/28/2015  Community Hot Topics

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/519495-august-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry5807302

"Chesa and other Companions

We’ve discussed companions in previous Community Hot Topics, but this topic is specific to quality-of-life improvements that could make existing companions more desirable. Kubrows often come under scrutiny due to their required maintenance, and Chesa has garnered criticism because of the limitations of their Retrieve ability. Chesa’s utility is ultimately a reflection of Carrier’s vacuum, so do you think that homogenization of companion abilities is the best way to increase their value, or do you think there are ways to make each companion unique and desirable? If so, how? Is increasing Chesa’s Retrieve ability sufficient? What would you add or change to make other companions more useful? How often do you change your companions currently? Is there a change that would encourage you to diversify? Post your thoughts and ideas in this thread!"

9/2/2015  Update 17.3

No Chesa fix.

9/4/2015  Update 17.3.1

No Chesa fix.

9/4/2015  Devstream #59 (time code ~ 8:47)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/522963-thanks-for-watching-devstream-59/#entry5854142

DE Rebecca attempted to obtain clarification from DE Sheldon on the Carrier Vacuum debate but only in brief passing mentioned the word Chesa. When the discussion transitioned to Kubrows the Chesa topic was avoided and instead DE Sheldon discussed "Pack Tactics", which appeared to be a distraction to properly responding to the core issue and player comments that have been posted regarding the Chesa.

9/9/2015  Update 17.4.0

No Chesa fix.

9/10/2015  Update 17.4.1

No Chesa fix.

9/11/2015  Update 17.4.2

No Chesa fix.

9/16/2015  Update 17.4.3

No Chesa fix.

9/17/2015  Update 17.4.4

No Chesa fix.

9/23/2015  Update 17.4.5

No Chesa fix.

10/1/2015  Updates 17.5 & 17.5.1

No Chesa fix.

10/2/2015  Updates 17.5.2, 17.5.3 & 17.5.4

No Chesa fix.

10/5/2015  Update 17.5.5

No Chesa fix.

10/6/2015  Update 17.6

No Chesa fix.

10/7/2015  DE Megan post #306 in this thread

"For clarity, the Retrieval mechanic does not have an item limit. It does however, depend on what is currently in the player's radius when the ability is active. If a player is constantly moving this may skew what Chesa will retrieve, making it look like it's not picking up items it should. Our team has the Retrieval function on the radar for review, and are looking at screenshots/videos of other lingering issues with Kubrow pathing as a whole."

10/7/2015  Update 17.6.1

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/8/2015  Update 17.6.2

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/14/2015  Update 17.7

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/15/2015  Update 17.7.1

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/21/2015  Update 17.8

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/22/2015  Update 17.8.1

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

10/28/2015  Update 17.9

No Chesa or Kubrow fix.

why would this upset carrier users? people mostly just use it for the vacuum effect, if its turned into a universal effect on all frames or companions then all it does is free players up to use other options, which sounds like something to pleased about not the opposite.

as a carrier user myself i would love for vacuum to become more of a default effect on all sentinels (i have never seen a point in making looting a challenge in a game all about mobility and jumping around) and then just see carrier and chesa get reworked with new mechanics. then maybe i could use my other companions more without such an obnoxious drawback.

because its what makes carrier ....carrier..the is usually the response.

Why do people even use carrier... there are so many better choices, Diriga offers pretty useful CC, Shade turns you invisible, hell even Chesa disarms people permanently. Sahasa Kubrows dig up things you need in the moment, Raksa restore shields, Huras turns you invisible. Why do you need all of your items to be radially pulled to you, why don't you take the four or five steps to pick it up yourself?

because its what makes carrier ....carrier..the is usually the response.

not seeing how that would matter if carrier got reworked with a new function following this change. maybe if it was left alone that could be a valid argument, but it doesn't really apply to this instance. 

I'm allowed to not really care for the carriers utility over any other companion.

I never said it was bad, just overrated.

Picking up loot is useless to me most of the time because I can do that myself.

I can always chuck its shotgun on wrym prime and have more fun with its knock down then I would with having loot just be pulled to me.

Ergo, I find the carrier overrated.

You're quite wrong vacuum work 100% of time  lag or not this is looting everything you missed

While others have really bad working power like shade you must behind or extremly near to ennemy to be invisible

also what does upgrading this mod does then?more range?faster looting?

not seeing how that would matter if carrier got reworked with a new function following this change. maybe if it was left alone that could be a valid argument, but it doesn't really apply to this instance. 

i know..not saying your wrong you preaching to the choir here lol i don't see the reasoning either but that's usually the argument.

Why do people even use carrier... there are so many better choices, Diriga offers pretty useful CC, Shade turns you invisible, hell even Chesa disarms people permanently. Sahasa Kubrows dig up things you need in the moment, Raksa restore shields, Huras turns you invisible. Why do you need all of your items to be radially pulled to you, why don't you take the four or five steps to pick it up yourself?

you under estimate he power of being lazy lol. some people cant seem to multitask which i always found the argument redundant when they say i cant fight then and pick up items when the only time enemies are a real problem is when enemies are beefy and carrier is dead.....

Because its inconvenient? Maybe you enjoy slowing down and taking your time to scourge the map for all loot dropped but a fair number of players aren't very taken with that style of gameplay, they like to be able to move around freely and quickly without having to pause every few seconds to make sure they haven't skipped some loot; an issue i don't think should even exist in a game that focuses so much on its fast paced nature. Then there are issues with loot dropping in unreachable areas as well that make a carrier all the more valuable, I remember doing a run once with one my kurbrows when a team member found a rare container glitched into a wall and I was unable to pick up any loot, something that would have been a void issue with a carrier in my roster. I'm not saying the carrier is some superior companion, but for a number of players its ability dismisses a number of obstacles that most players don't want to deal with and that makes it far more valuable than other options. 

i know..not saying your wrong you preaching to the choir here lol i don't see the reasoning either but that's usually the argument.

Yeah no, sorry, I didn't think you were siding with the argument, it just baffles me how anyone would be opposed to this, imo, QoL improvement for the companion system. Like this is one of those situations that even in the worst case results in you having no losses. 

Edited by Cubewano

You're quite wrong vacuum work 100% of time  lag or not this is looting everything you missed

While others have really bad working power like shade you must behind or extremly near to ennemy to be invisible

also what does upgrading this mod does then?more range?faster looting?

no no..it works 80% of the time. Carrier dies with in an hour...which makes him frankly useless for looting since you cant loot if its dead...lol you could make the argument on you don't have to go past an hour but im the type of girl who like to go big or go home lol. or u have to micromanage carrier and keeping him alive like run invisible loki or go trinity...then again you're now playing to keep it alive....which makes him more of a hassle than a utility lol. eh just an opinion anyway so take it with a grain a salt i guess just my point of view.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

no no..it works 80% of the time. Carrier dies with in an hour...which makes him frankly useless for looting since you cant loot if its dead...lol you could make the argument on you don't have to go past an hour but im the type of girl who like to go big or go home lol. or u have to micromanage carrier and keeping him alive like run invisible loki or go trinity...then again you're now playing to keep it alive....which makes him more of a hassle than a utility lol. eh just an opinion anyway so take it with a grain a salt i guess just my point of view.

it works 100% of the time.

bro most of the people never go beyond 40 mintes, the risk is higher but the rewards arent bigger, you have more chances of losing.(Connection lost). you dont need to plays safely with carrier he is the tankyest one of all the sentinels, even more tanky than most of the frames. you are doing a lot of supositions based on your imagination. 

Edited by Barkano