Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

Because its inconvenient? Maybe you enjoy slowing down and taking your time to scourge the map for all loot dropped but a fair number of players aren't very taken with that style of gameplay, they like to be able to move around freely and quickly without having to pause every few seconds to make sure they haven't skipped some loot; an issue i don't think should even exist in a game that focuses so much on its fast paced nature. Then there are issues with loot dropping in unreachable areas as well that make a carrier all the more valuable, I remember doing a run once with one my kurbrows when a team member found a rare container glitched into a wall and I was unable to pick up any loot, something that would have been a void issue with a carrier in my roster. I'm not saying the carrier is some superior companion, but for a number of players its ability dismisses a number of obstacles that most players don't want to deal with and that makes it far more valuable than other options. 

Yeah no, sorry, I didn't think you were siding with the argument, it just baffles me how anyone would be opposed to this, imo, QoL improvement for the companion system. Like this is one of those situations that even in the worst case results in you having no losses. 

i think is the nerf mentality carrier users see this as a nerf and a buff to everyone else i guess i never understood this either. i once suggested that carrier to be just that...carrier as in if you equip him you automatically  have 30% more ammo capacity :D or something like that to really give others a run for their money.

it works 100% of the time.

bro most of the people never go beyond 40 mintes, the risk is higher but the rewards arent bigger, you have more chances of losing.(Connection lost). you dont need to plays safely with carrier he is the tankyest one of all the sentinels, even more tanky than most of the frames. you are doing a lot of supositions based on your imagination. 

i watched that video and i disagree with it..and thats not a valid argument. just cause hes the tankest  doesn't make it more useful and i already stated the argument about choosing not staying that late so by regurgitating that argument is redundant. but when your farming keys and  you have limited amount of keys you want to get the most amount of that one key.  i cant speak for everyone else but for me at least i wanna get more bang for my buck not all of us are lazy some of us WANT a real challenge. something to really sink our teeth into.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

i watched that video and i disagree with it..and thats not a valid argument. just cause hes the tankest  doesn't make it more useful and i already stated the argument about choosing not staying that late so by regurgitating that argument is redundant. but when your farming keys and  you have limited amount of keys you want to get the most amount of that one key.  i cant speak for everyone else but for me at least i wanna get more bang for my buck not all of us are lazy some of us WANT a real challenge. something to really sink our teeth into.

you didn't watch it. its imposible to talk with people like you. cya.  

to be honest u have 2 best choice carrier or huras...all other is lackluster

What about the new one. good crowd control isn't it?

you didn't watch it. its imposible to talk with people like you. cya.  

i actually got to argue with the you tuber himself lol but ok. i win :D

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

What about the new one. good crowd control isn't it?

i actually got to argue with the you tuber himself lol but ok. i win :D

ye you win, im really not interested in having a talk with someone ilogical, your arguments are based in a subjective experience you are ignoring a lot of facts. and calling the most part of the game comunity lazy without a real reason. Primed narrow minded.

Unless kubrows get an ai rework and some commands like attack, guard, return, ignore, etc they remain 98% useless, period.

I really do not get it. Even old games like 6-8 year old games have better pet ai and commands than WF does. It is like DE had the idea to incorporate pets but then shifted their focus elsewhere. To cover up the changed priority they release some gimmick kubrow related stuff once in a while to keep the kubrow lovers happy.

i think is the nerf mentality carrier users see this as a nerf and a buff to everyone else i guess i never understood this either. i once suggested that carrier to be just that...carrier as in if you equip him you automatically  have 30% more ammo capacity :D or something like that to really give others a run for their money.

perhaps, i can see why people could be a little worried if they approached this suggestion with that sort of mindset, though DE has been doing fairly well with reworks recently. and i always imagined that was the sort of thing carrier would wind up as if DE ever got to reworking it (after making vacuum an inherent thing), he'd hold backup reserves of ammo and give it to you when it was needed. 

ye you win, im really not interested in having a talk with someone ilogical, your arguments are based in a subjective experience you are ignoring a lot of facts. and calling the most part of the game comunity lazy without a real reason. Primed narrow minded.

you suppose to not reply if your not going to argue with me since I'm illogical lol. all kidding aside giving vacuum to everyone and giving carrier a newer different utility isn't a bad thing. Are we now arguing about carrier isn't all that good or are we arguing that vacuum should be for everyone and carrier gets something new? I want to be on the same page since you seem to have jumped subjects here.

perhaps, i can see why people could be a little worried if they approached this suggestion with that sort of mindset, though DE has been doing fairly well with reworks recently. and i always imagined that was the sort of thing carrier would wind up as if DE ever got to reworking it (after making vacuum an inherent thing), he'd hold backup reserves of ammo and give it to you when it was needed. 

yes DE are really getting good at the reworks. I'm curious how would you go about changing carrier? what is you suggestion on making different and  as competitive as the other ones.

The AI on these things is atrocious...

all kidding aside giving vacuum to everyone and giving carrier a newer different utility isn't a bad thing. 

I dont see how anything would be lost with this. Lore? Well if you can have a small gizmo fly through the air, shoot things and suck in loot, its a perfectly logical next step to strap one of these things to the back of a Kubrow. Or at least the loot sucking part. 

Edited by VorpalReaper

yes DE are really getting good at the reworks. I'm curious how would you go about changing carrier? what is you suggestion on making different and  as competitive as the other ones.

i haven't put much more though into it than what i already agreed with, but more precisely i'd say they could just make it so carrier is able to pickup excess consumables (energy, health, ammo) up to some percentage of your max capacity and when you fall below that threshold you are given it. that way carrier still stays true to his name/nature as a loot companion. 

Edited by Cubewano

i haven't put much more though into it than what i already agreed with, but more precisely i'd say they could just make it so carrier is able to pickup excess consumables (energy, health, ammo) up to some percentage of your max capacity and when you fall below that threshold you are given it. that way carrier still stays true to his name/nature as a loot companion. 

It actually kind of bugs out like this sometimes already and you end up with a bunch of enegry balls following you around :P

Edited by VorpalReaper

The AI on these things is atrocious...

I dont see how anything would be lost with this. Lore? Well if you can have a small gizmo fly through the air, shoot things and suck in loot, its a perfectly logical step to strap one of these things to back of a Kubrow. Or at least the loot sucking part. 

but what power do we give carrier to stay relevant and competitive with the other ones?

I like that idea maybe even more than mine. you should make a poll of the community and see if the majority like it.

but what power do we give carrier to stay relevant and competitive with the other ones?

As mentioned a few posts up, it could pick up and _carry_ resources for you. For example 1-3 extra balls of energy and/or HP, a few extra clips of ammo... that sort of thing. 

Edited by VorpalReaper

I like that idea maybe even more than mine. you should make a poll of the community and see if the majority like it.

someone else can if they want, i don't imagine DE will take such things to mind if they did ever do any of this per usual anyway. for some reason i have faith enough for them to do a reworked carrier well enough with or without our ideas. 

my only concern is getting de to start this whole process in the first place, they haven't made many efforts to improve the whole companion system over the years much less considered making vacuum a universal thing. 

someone else can if they want, i don't imagine DE will take such things to mind if they did ever do any of this per usual anyway. for some reason i have faith enough for them to do a reworked carrier well enough with or without our ideas. 

my only concern is getting de to start this whole process in the first place, they haven't made many efforts to improve the whole companion system over the years much less considered making vacuum a universal thing. 

well the fact that in one of the last dev streams they mentioned about talking about changing him it means its on the radar so thats a start.

well the fact that in one of the last dev streams they mentioned about talking about changing him it means its on the radar so thats a start.

did they really? and about what exactly, just changing carrier or making vacuum universal? there is no use for one without the other. and there's no doubt that this suggestion isn't on DEs radar, there have been farm too many threads about this for it to just soar over their heads, the issue is getting them to actually address the issue. (all too often de just dodges suggestions like these)

I'm allowed to not really care for the carriers utility over any other companion.

I never said it was bad, just overrated.

Picking up loot is useless to me most of the time because I can do that myself.

I can always chuck its shotgun on wrym prime and have more fun with its knock down then I would with having loot just be pulled to me.

Ergo, I find the carrier overrated.

Carrier is so nice!

If you miss a piece of loot, Carrier got you covered.

If you need energy fast, but it's far away, or beneath you, Carrier got you covered.

I love it!

You're quite wrong vacuum work 100% of time  lag or not this is looting everything you missed

While others have really bad working power like shade you must behind or extremly near to ennemy to be invisible

also what does upgrading this mod does then?more range?faster looting?

How can I be "wrong" about preferring other companions over the carrier?

I never said it was bad, I just choose to take other things because I prefer their utility over vacuum.

I can pick stuff up myself and I'm happy to do so.

I'm waiting for the day when more people in the forum community will read and comprehend what is actually written.

Shade used to be better but invis has either been bugged for a while or was nerfed when I wasn't looking, which is why I go to Huras for my invis needs and wrym or sahasa for just about everything else.

did they really? and about what exactly, just changing carrier or making vacuum universal? there is no use for one without the other. and there's no doubt that this suggestion isn't on DEs radar, there have been farm too many threads about this for it to just soar over their heads, the issue is getting them to actually address the issue. (all too often de just dodges suggestions like these)

i cannot argue with any of your talking points lol very true.