Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow: Hype Destroyed

RextintorZ

idk why people need a loot vacuum anyway, I find carrier and that mod to be useless 90% of the time. I enjoy the new Kubrows other mod more, to be able to disarm enemies is pretty nice. 

For convenience.

i've been looting for over 2 years now , i cannot be bothered to run to every corner of every floor tile just to pick up some stuff.

Carrier lets me do what i like doing , which is parkouring around smashing faces , while picking things up so i don't need to stop to loot every 2 seconds.

This lets me keep my flow going 100% of the time which is very appealing to me.

Edited by TisEric

I thought of a simple suggestion  to solve this problem , yes sucking in all loot like carrier would be very very irriating ! but maybe if kubrow has a special ability similar to mag to just attract loot to itself ?! I mean the ycan generate shields around you?! cant they just do pulses that attract your loot ? then simply walkover to your kubrow and you have your stuff :D ! other than that chesa is probably another mastery rank item atleast for me :)

I guess the rationale is that kubrows are more powerful than sentinels generally, and if the utility from the Chesa for picking up mods was as good as the utility on the carrier, then everyone would just use the Chesa.  (But everyone uses the Carrier now - I mean "everyone" in general, obviously some people use other things,but mostly what you see is Carriers - so what's up with that?  Is the Chesa a sign we're due for a Carrier nerf?)

I guess it makes some kind of sense to have just some of the utility of the Carrier on a Kubrow.

Edited by Omnimorph

Just wrap your carrier and kubrow together with duck tape.

Or why can't DE let our Kubrows gain access to our Sentinels? I wouldn't mind having my Kubrow running around with a Carrier or Helios helping them out while bringing me back some nice drops when it gets a chance? The only downside of that would be a bigger split in xp, but I'm sure folks would deal with that to have the best of both worlds?

Just imagine a Sunka Kubrow with a Dethcube where it latches onto an enemy and the enemy gets a face full of bullets? Or a Djinn attracting enemies to a Kubrow that (hopefully if we get commands for Kubrows) leads them through a field of DoT damage we laid down for them?

I thought of a simple suggestion  to solve this problem , yes sucking in all loot like carrier would be very very irriating ! but maybe if kubrow has a special ability similar to mag to just attract loot to itself ?! I mean the ycan generate shields around you?! cant they just do pulses that attract your loot ? then simply walkover to your kubrow and you have your stuff :D ! other than that chesa is probably another mastery rank item atleast for me :)

this is a really good idea. 360 pull ftw. make it happen DE

I guess the rationale is that kubrows are more powerful than sentinels generally, and if the utility from the Chesa for picking up mods was as good as the utility on the carrier, then everyone would just use the Chesa.  (But everyone uses the Carrier now - I mean "everyone" in general, obviously some people use other things,but mostly what you see is Carriers - so what's up with that?  Is the Chesa a sign we're due for a Carrier nerf?)

I guess it makes some kind of sense to have just some of the utility of the Carrier on a Kubrow.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381066-coming-soon-devstream-44/?p=4202633

no, "everyone" doesnt use carrier. In fact you're more likely to see a Kubrow than a carrier. 41% of the time compared to carrier 11% of time.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381066-coming-soon-devstream-44/?p=4202633

no, "everyone" doesnt use carrier. In fact you're more likely to see a Kubrow than a carrier. 41% of the time compared to carrier 11% of time.

That's a bit old! And I honestly don't believe you should compare one single type of sentinel vs the whole kubrows pack.

I may be wrong, but I couldn't believe that graphics on January, can't believe that now, I don't see that many kubrows, not at all and I run a lot of different missions, not Draco 24/7.

That's a bit old! And I honestly don't believe you should compare one single type of sentinel vs the whole kubrows pack.

I may be wrong, but I couldn't believe that graphics on January, can't believe that now, I don't see that many kubrows, not at all and I run a lot of different missions, not Draco 24/7.

1. Its from january and i doubt the numbers have changed drastically since then.

2. Why shouldnt i compare them that way? Isnt this how everyone compares them? carrier vs kubrows? No one singles out a kubrow type when making comparisons. They say "carrier is better than a kubrow" (which is false)

3.I usually see 1-2 kubrows on many missions i run. my experience is backed up by data, yours is just a bias feeling. There definitely not as rare as forum tries to make them out to be. Plus you can always see BPs being sold in trade, so people do breed and use them.

Gotta agree that the Chesa Kubrow was a bit of a let down.

1 item at a time?

Disarm random enemy rather than high priority targets? (Bombards, Heavy Gunners)

My proposed fix/change to the Chesa Kubrow?

Don't leash them to the Tenno

Chesa's should be the only Kubrow that just takes off. Doesn't wait for you.

Is faster then other Kubrows and just goes through out the level breaking containers, grabbing items.

And when the Chesa grabs it? It should automatically count as you grabbing it. No more carrying an item back to you.

This gives them independence.

(Alternative behaviour below)

Depending which mod you put first Disarm or Retrieval, could have an effect on the Kubrows behaviour.

- - -

Disarm placed first priority?

Chesa will stay in the same tile-set as  you.

Help out in battle when you need but still looks for items to grab and crates to break

Very quickly mind you

Retrieve placed first priority?

Chesa will advance to other rooms/tiles in search of more items/crates.

Items take priority over aiding you in combat.

Perhaps a 2/3 tile/room limit ahead of you so as to not clear out low level missions by itself?

The alternative behaviour that could be included would be you could have to catch up to the Kubrow and brush past them to retrieve your items from it.

Or maybe have it wait at the entrance to extraction tile for you, sitting patiently for you to come get your items

Edited by Sunder