The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Manic

Monstercat47

Yo

With the introduction of U17 and the new Tyl Regor boss fight as well as an alternate version of the manic, I was wondering if there are/will be any plans to implement an infested enemy type in the form of an Infested Manic. I think this would be really cool personally as the infested are my favorite faction because of all the mystery behind them. 

The manic is a really cool and very powerful enemy type and it would definitely be cool to see its infested counterpart. If you have any ideas, concept art, or just thoughts about an enemy type like this it would be greatly appreciated. Although the manic may just be too new of an enemy type.

The last thing I need is to be surprised by a manic while I'm covered in bees, and being slooowly dragged through goo by an ancient, while also dealing with a toxin aura. The infested have plenty of special units so far.

But that would be a really cool character model....so I'm torn.

There's what appears to be an infested maniac in on of the stasis/fish tanks in the new tileset. Teammate pointed it out during Tyl runs last night, was in a big orangeish green spherical tank in the center of a room with winding stairs.

Edited by DarthZ

Infested Manic Bombard armed with the new harpoon gun would be fun.

Teleporting, rip line-ing, cluster toxin grenade throwing goodness.

Or just bring back old J3 Golem as Infested assassin or something.

Back then he used pull and lobbed torid bombs at Tenno. And farted a lot of gas.

This often resulted in newbie tenno tears when they get stunned lock by Pull (which had no LOS back then, if he pulled you, you are coming) eating farts and eating gas grenades that goes through their shielding while he taunted them. One of the only ways to prevent that was to stand at a railing opposite him, so that you don't get pulled to his fart aura range while his grenades might sometime miss. Might.

So why settle at Ripline, make the Assassin pull and fling entire squads of Tenno around. Emit a poison aura that goes for 15m range and drop enough torid bombs to make a mirage jelly.

That is a real challenge !

Edited by fatpig84

So why settle at Ripline, make the Assassin pull and fling entire squads of Tenno around. Emit a poison aura that goes for 15m range and drop enough torid bombs to make a mirage jelly.

That is a real challenge !

this makes me glad I wasn't around in the old j3gollem days.

There's what appears to be an infested maniac in on of the stasis/fish tanks in the new tileset. Teammate pointed it out during Tyl runs last night, was in a big orangeish green spherical tank in the center of a room with winding stairs.

My and a teammate thought it was a manic as well. We were so excited!!! But if you look closely it resembles more of a charger. -happy feeling gone-

The last thing I need is to be surprised by a manic while I'm covered in bees, and being slooowly dragged through goo by an ancient, while also dealing with a toxin aura. The infested have plenty of special units so far.

But that would be a really cool character model....so I'm torn.