Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Obsidian Knights Love Parkour 2.0!

TDefton

Parkour 2.0 is one of the best things to happen to Warframe sense update 14 (The liset). Not only do I love it, but my clan loves it as well. I have only heard positive things from the members and I love it to death. Not only is it very easy to learn, but you have so much more control over where you wish to go when compared to coptering. The controls are simple and the animations are beautiful.

Bullet Jump allows you to travel at tremendous speed with incredible control and with a fluid motion. It allows you to reach new heights and gives you much more freedom than coptering ever did.

Double Jump is great, allowing you to reach places that a ninja should with ease. Combining Double Jump with bullet jump allows then playerto make a difficult jump with ease.

Wall Latching allows the player to make a quick decisive action mid WallRun like never before. With the ability to stop in the middle of a WallRun to choose the next victim, scout an area, or even to change direction.

Aim Glide allows precise control while in the air. The player can either use it to reach a further distance where a jump could not make alone or one could use it as a tactical advantage, Shooting enemies while in this bullet-time like action.

All I can really say is we, The Obsidian Knights, absolutely love Parkour 2.0 and hate the trash it is getting from some players. Changes needs to happen and some people just need to go with the flow. DE is doing a great job with Warframe and we all knew coptering was broken to begin with. This was a much needed change and the outcome could not have been better. Of course it has it's fair share of glitches and flaws but it is nothing game breaking. This new system is much better than the old coptering. Great job Digital Extremes! We can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Edited by Pckool12

Bulletjump has taken me higher and further than I could possibly hope to achieve with orthos prime airial attacks. I can now use other melee weapons and still maintain the same (if not better) mobility.

I'm quite satisfied with these parkour changes.

It has significant drawbacks for people who invested a lot of time in mastering the old system, or who invested a lot into getting the fastest coptering, but I think for most players, it's a net positive, especially as a form of "ninja" movement you can use more easily and intuitively in combat.  Really a hell of a lot more fun than the old system as a form of in-combat movement.

I hope they iterate on it though, it's a great foundation but it needs - it needs more something, more complexity, more "mastery ceiling", more things.

Edited by Omnimorph

It has significant drawbacks for people who invested a lot of time in mastering the old system

I was one who mastered coptering. I just devoted the whole launch day to mastering this new system. I just takes a bit of patience and some time devotion. I do agree with you though, It's hard for some people to learn something new. I just hate the ones who bash on the new parkour system just because it's new. 

I'm hooked to the new parkour. ctrl+space is much more easier to pull off. The best part? You actually respond to the space button immediately instead of having to mash it several times over lol. Wall hopping on the other hand... 

It has significant drawbacks for people who invested a lot of time in mastering the old system, or who invested a lot into getting the fastest coptering, but I think for most players, it's a net positive, especially as a form of "ninja" movement you can use more easily and intuitively in combat.  Really a hell of a lot more fun than the old system as a form of in-combat movement.

I hope they iterate on it though, it's a great foundation but it needs - it needs more something, more complexity, more "mastery ceiling", more things.

The old system didn't have "mastery" besides Shift + Ctrl + Space + E plus the occasional air melee, but nothing more

Infact, this one has more mastery to it than before

We are a PC Clan. All you need to know is we are a rapidly growing Mountain Clan who supports DE all the way! :D

The question wasn't literal as in "who are you talking about".  It was "who" as in why does their opinion matter enough for there to be a thread announcing it and why is it being announced by someone with less than 40 posts?

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

The question wasn't literal as in "who are you talking about".  It was "who" as in why does their opinion matter enough for there to be a thread announcing it and why is it being announced by someone with less than 40 posts?

Te amount of posts I have doesn't matter. I am a veteran player and have been with the game sense its beginning. I just don't go on the forums that much. And It was multiple comments I saw that made me make this. Besides, Isn't the message all that matters?

It helps with credibility on matters of endorsement. It would not matter if it were a case of factual statements.

Maybe for some. Whatever, I said what I wanted to say and that's that. Agree or not that's me and my clans opinion. Have a great day

We are a PC Clan. All you need to know is we are a rapidly growing Mountain Clan who supports DE all the way! :D

Does this mean you don't see the downsides of the current system at all?

Does this mean that you refuse to say anything bad about the game?

Come on people, criticism is a good thing. We need to point out the flaws in this game to show DE what they need to improve upon instead of being ignorant of the issues.

Real fans of the game should make the effort to see the problems and bring them to DE's attention. Doing anything but that will harm the game in the long run.

Does this mean that you refuse to say anything bad about the game?

Come on people, criticism is a good thing. We need to point out the flaws in this game to show DE what they need to improve upon instead of being ignorant of the issues.

Real fans of the game should make the effort to see the problems and bring them to DE's attention. Doing anything but that will harm the game in the long run.

I'm not saying not to criticise at all! All I'm saying is the people who just flat out say "it sucks" "I want to copter again" etc. Are In the wrong. They almost never suggest a way to make the new system better. They only complain the new system is to different or difficult. The ones who provide nothing but hate and don't report any glitches. That's who I'm referring to. I completely agree with you that constructive criticism is needed. Hate is not. Edited by Pckool12

Also, can you name a downside because I have found none lol. Maybe some glitches but I haven't seen any drawbacks to having parkour 2.0 over coptering (including no stamina)

• 1 month later...

The Lights of Extinguished Flame hate parkour 2.0, and have largely stopped playing directly because of parkour 2.0. We unanimously do not need coptering back. the spin attack range on ground is still important for gap closing in melee, but coptering is of no importance. The removal/replacement/nefing of all 1.0 beta systems has left us with a buggy floaty alpha with moves that are used but in the wrong time and the wrong place and aesthetically do not look ninja at all. Flip twirl floating makes me feel awful watching it, the old system was only slightly better, but the two together would have been amazing. The diversity would have made both look and feel better. The solid function of the 1.0 system would have allowed a fall back for the bugs in the new system.

To clarify the new content is great, and so was the old. The new content is awful without the old.