Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A New Mission Type!

-Amity-

Hey all! this is my very first post, new to the forums so sorry if I do anything wrong. Anyway on to the topic! I had a idea yesterday while I finished the "natah" quest. The idea I had revolves around the lotus and her feed going dark while your in a survival mission. Basically what I thought of was a competitive survival mission where you lose contact with the lotus for the duration of the mission, and only one squad member can survive. Here is where the tenno show there true form and fight to compete for rare resources, better loot drop etc. I know what your thinking and no, no PvP, what I was thinking was every tenno has there own life support bar. Activating or picking up a life support capsule replenishes your life support like normally but only for the tenno that activated or picked up the life support capsule. When somebody has there life support bar drop down to zero, they die, like usual. Extraction only becomes available when only one tenno remains. Anyway just something that would spark some life back into warframe for a lot of people since the regular mission types can get a bit dull.

~Dreamerz

So basically if you play this mission you're screwed if you don't have a max vaccuum carrier, or are a desecrate build Nekros.

Even if it's not PVP where we can damage each other, if you don't have that you won't be getting any of the life support since you know someone else will.

Edited by DarthZ

you don't "need" those to be able to get a life support capsule even though I get that that's the meta in most regular survival missions. Most survival missions ive been in life support has always been the least of my worries, life support becomes a issue when you just get overwhelmed and the enemy difficulty scales to high for you to do anything and that's the point where life support does become a issue. Plus that would make this game mode so much more exciting than regular survival, where your hearts gonna be pounding watching your life support meter like a kid to a cartoon show. your gonna want to get that life support before anyone else does!

And responding to scail, well yes your right on that point, but that's the main missions like your t4 defense's or your draco, this would be something completely different much like the conclave. Think of this game mode like PvP/E where your biggest threat isn't the grineer or the corpus but your own fellow tenno.

While I understand the excitement of competition I can't seem to be onboard with competitive survival as a mission type. I'm no expert but I can see this mission as an incredible hurdle for newer players. Also so far the overall feel I have when I die in missions is to cheer on and help my fellow Tenno as I watch their progress (knowing that 'we will all share in the rewards'). Having players forced to stay in the mission until the last Tenno finally extracts or is wiped out, knowing it does not benefit them in any way can possibly lead to much frustration.

Also I can already see the devious Lokis running to all the life support and activating them all so others can't get to them when they're in a pinch.

If this gameplay is going to be more like conclave then it is probably better to propose this idea straight as a PvP as the scenario I can see unfolding can only lead to such even if indirectly. Perhaps you can still add cooperation by making it team based?

Either way I'm still not taken with the idea.

Responding to "noseeno," again this mission type wouldn't be forced onto the player much like pvp isn't forced onto the player. I feel if this mission type was executed properly it would add so much more life to this game! this game mode isn't directed for new players its directed for veteran players who love this game to death, but have seen pretty much all there is to see in warframe. yes this mission type may not be for you as you seem to like co-op side of things, and I respect that. And id also like to add you really wouldn't and shouldn't be forced to stay in the mission if say, you run out of revives or run out of life support, it would be like a mission failed, as you go in there knowing your competeting over resources with your fellow tenno. And id like to restate this is -not for new players, this is more for the veteran who has seen all there is to see in warframe- think of this game mode as end game content.