Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Research - "forced" Into A Large Clan

Zyxess

I still have not been convinced that clans of about 10 people can not come up with the resources to build one room per week.

I totally agree with you, in Three weeks Maybe.

I can agree that this was an issue of perspective at the time this started, certainly. My intent was to get people to think about this situation rather than simply react, so that solutions can be found, once the problems are properly quantified. I simply saw people being upset about this and reacting based on that at the time, so I took the approach I did.

I can admit that it didn't work out quite like I thought, but at least it got us discussing the main issue now.

See, that as a solution makes perfect sense - keep them difficult to acquire (thus encouraging the lazy to buy them with platinum), but still more manageable than the current requirements.

If DE wanted to keep the Orokin area association with Forma, then just include it as an uncommon drop from enemies in those areas.

I could handle mugging the Hyena more often, especially for a good cause.

Hyena or maybe Phorid, since he seems to be about the toughest thing around (at least seems to me...but that may be my Zorens talking). He also doesnt seem to have a "Cheat" to beat him. Strategies yeah, but nothing like, say, Vay Hek/Kela....You can't just stand far away and hose him with Cryo'd Bratons.

Right now i have 1 Neural Sensor and its bugging me, because i used to be able to get them at least one every other run.

Edited by Aigloblam

I believe that the amount of items to be escaled, something like for each tenno in the clan, add 5000 (or proportional) in each material as nano spores, how would the middle and the quantities present ideal for clan with about 50 or 80 tennos

maybe it's just me who thinks this way, but I think they have not yet taken an attitude about it to give some time to fix any bug of new weapons and avoid an overload of support tickets on, like the overload of void bugs... (I'm not questioning work, just a logical reasoning of something that is still beta)

I think that pricing of dojo rooms could be based on the size of the clan. Now how much per person, i have no idea, but this would balance out large and small clans i think.

There are ways to solve this - the main issue is drop weighting for Void Keys and Forma, and what methods would be best to resolve those. There are workable solutions to this, as this is, at heart, just a simple math problem.

no one is forcing anyone into getting each and every new weapon that comes out, unless you need all the researchable weapons for eSwag

edit: i do however agree that forcing players that do want new weapons into big clans in which players have no ties whatsoever is bad, and dojo building should scale

Edited by onemoonlight

Beta is such a great excuse to charge money upfront and "promise" something later ... 

.. later may or may not come .. depends how much cash can be squeezed out of the "release" .. 

99% of online games have favoured mega guilds, small guilds exist for folks who actually care about who they play with. Like in real life .. a small office job will not pay as much as a Mega Oil Corp one.

Edited by Invino

In this thread: ~6 pages of people not understanding that the resource costs are not part of this issue at all.

Sigh.

Oh i completely understand. If it were just about the costs, i wouldn't really care that much. When we started our clan it was supposed to mean something. it was supposed to be a tight knit group that actually watched eachothers backs and could always be relied upon for advice and help....You won't get that in ANY guild that has more people than you can keep up with on a personal basis.

Unfortunately, Clan Infuego Infants is no more. Fortunately, We have now join the Lost Battalion, Another small clan. Things seem to be progressing.

Edited by Aigloblam

Oh i completely understand. If it were just about the costs, i wouldn't really care that much. When we started our clan it was supposed to mean something. it was supposed to be a tight knit group that actually watched eachothers backs and could always be relied upon for advice and help....You won't get that in ANY guild that has more people than you can keep up with on a personal basis.

Unfortunately, Clan Infuego Infants is no more. Fortunately, We have now join the Lost Battalion, Another small clan. Things seem to be progressing.

I finally remembered the proper phrase for what you were looking for the other day, by the way - "my most honored adversary." I got it from the movie Secondhand Lions, and I always thought that was a great phrase.

As for Clans... after day 1 of tests (which... mostly involved schedule conflicts) resulted in no Void Keys for myself and the one member of my Clan who managed to get online, though I did get my new Kunai to level 18. We're going to try again tonight, once everyone finishes work/school issues.

However, I will grant you one point already - Void Key drops are too rare as it is, especially if they're the only way to get Forma in-game.

they mentioned it on the livestream.

this will all blow over when people are established and the idea of the "big scary dojo" goes away and everybody and their mother has one.

some will probably just sell "crafting" access for those who arent into the big dojo lifestyle. probably in the form of donating resources to whatever is being built.

in time time even small clans will get what they want. there is also the clan trading system to consider as im sure bigger clans will trade with smaller clans for mutual benefit.

i solo. in fact i have my own solo clan. dojo has a big room with a corridor on the way. i gives not any damn about researching things that will make an already easy game easier. dont care if it takes a year. ill get it ma self.

point is nobody is twisting your arm. you are forcing yourself for things you have no information on.

couldn't of said it better my self

I finally remembered the proper phrase for what you were looking for the other day, by the way - "my most honored adversary." I got it from the movie Secondhand Lions, and I always thought that was a great phrase.

As for Clans... after day 1 of tests (which... mostly involved schedule conflicts) resulted in no Void Keys for myself and the one member of my Clan who managed to get online, though I did get my new Kunai to level 18. We're going to try again tonight, once everyone finishes work/school issues.

However, I will grant you one point already - Void Key drops are too rare as it is, especially if they're the only way to get Forma in-game.

We ran 15 Void missions and got absolutely nothing even related to Forma. We did get the Latron Prime and Reaper Prime blueprint (Reaper is slow but seriously awesome) so its not a total loss. But Thats 15 bucks blown...i really hope they change that because a bigger paywall will kill this game for a lot of people.

"my most honored adversary." - Yup, Like it

We ran 15 Void missions and got absolutely nothing even related to Forma. We did get the Latron Prime and Reaper Prime blueprint (Reaper is slow but seriously awesome) so its not a total loss. But Thats 15 bucks blown...i really hope they change that because a bigger paywall will kill this game for a lot of people.

"my most honored adversary." - Yup, Like it

Yeah, I'm about to make another thread about drop rates. I haven't gotten a single rare material since the hotfix, let alone any keys.

Yeah, I'm about to make another thread about drop rates. I haven't gotten a single rare material since the hotfix, let alone any keys.

I've gotten maybe 6 Detonite and 4 of the Mutagen whatevers,  and 4 Fieldron but thats about it.

The idea that a game we experience in small elite teams requires a sprawling organization to come together and pool all the materials we discover comes across as, to put it bluntly, wildly off theme. If your entire premise is 'small squads of elite space ninjas go after high profile targets', then having to raise an army just to have a clubhouse seems completely counter intuitive. 

I think I'm okay with the dojos of clans who want to play like that being sprawling multistory metropolises is okay, but the idea that small, casual 4-10 man squads will take months just to acquire a small training space is stupid.

Sorry, it just is. As designed, it reeks of catering to the how-can-we-milk-the-player-base school of game design and not the true-to-our-thematic-gameplay-elements school of design, and I know which one instantly takes me out of the gameplay world that the devs have built and reminds me that this is a F2P game trying to force me to spend money, instead of creating an experience I enjoy so much I want to give money to as a form of patronage. 

The idea that a game we experience in small elite teams requires a sprawling organization to come together and pool all the materials we discover comes across as, to put it bluntly, wildly off theme. If your entire premise is 'small squads of elite space ninjas go after high profile targets', then having to raise an army just to have a clubhouse seems completely counter intuitive. 

I think I'm okay with the dojos of clans who want to play like that being sprawling multistory metropolises is okay, but the idea that small, casual 4-10 man squads will take months just to acquire a small training space is stupid.

Sorry, it just is. As designed, it reeks of catering to the how-can-we-milk-the-player-base school of game design and not the true-to-our-thematic-gameplay-elements school of design, and I know which one instantly takes me out of the gameplay world that the devs have built and reminds me that this is a F2P game trying to force me to spend money, instead of creating an experience I enjoy so much I want to give money to as a form of patronage.

To be fair, DE always had the Clans idea in mind, it just wasn't implemented in any tangible way until u8 hit.

With that said, the drop rates for Forma, Void Keys, and even rare materials now could really stand some improvement.

To be fair, DE always had the Clans idea in mind, it just wasn't implemented in any tangible way until u8 hit.

With that said, the drop rates for Forma, Void Keys, and even rare materials now could really stand some improvement.

Yeah, I think Clans is not the problem, I'm bumping into, so much as the amount of materials currently required. I think lowering them opens up the big clans to have, as they should, much larger dojos.