Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Research - "forced" Into A Large Clan

Zyxess

Yes, every one had alloy plate...In fact that was the whole reason for running them. Also I just ran Charon, Minthe, and Hydra....and from all of them together i got 95 alloy plate.

I could chalk it up to me being Unlucky....but that unlucky in 3 consecutive runs? Im not sure how one person could be this unlucky. To add to the anger, I've been looking for Banshee's helmet for the past 400+ runs, i have ran so many of the missions that have a chance to drop her parts its not even funny. I have 28 Chassis and 35 Systems, no helmet. After that many, especially considering how many of those were to wave 15 in defense missions, i've given up on her.

EDIT: Ok now after 2 runs on Nuovo (Ceres), i have 511 AP total...So 141 from two runs isnt nearly as bad as i've been doing. Still no 400 per run, but hey, its progress.

I have experienced 0 alloy plates in 10 runs in the previous version. Never underestimate how unlucky you can be in this game.

no one's gonna kill you if you just join and leave

But if you leave...Then you get no Benefits from the Dojo. My main reason for the Dojo is the PvP but not just any PvP...I want to train with my friends. I couldn't care less about how many people i can beat, I have a Trinity...its useless for anybody else to even try. The ONLY frame that could top trinity is maybe pre-nerf Rhino.

I guess it all boils down to me feeling absolutely no sense of accomplishment for anything i've done. I have almost all the Frames, and im on the top 1500 of the player list....But i feel like i've got an impossible task ahead of me and the only way around it is to pay an A$$load of money....i can't do that.

This was definitely communicated in advance that the dojo wold allow you to research new weapons, although i do think that the there needs be a some sort of scaling with how large your clan is, other wise smaller clans get screwed

I agree tab, the only issue with this, is that someone can create a clan for the sole purpose of building it at lower prices, and then hand it off to another clan.

Yes it is

You're not supposed to unlock everything instantly

Start a clan with some people in region chat, and work towards getting stuff.

IT'S

*EASY*

Now only if region chat would even work all together, not to mention that not everyone likes to get friends with randoms. I have enough friends in my own life thank you very much and the ones that play serve in army. I want to be able to speak my own language as that is what I always do when there is no randoms around

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED!

Ewwwww, grinding the same type of maps for 7 hours a day for 5 days a week?  I don't think i can do that, I have a job you know and although college is off til autum, there is no way I can spend that amny hours per a day, doing the same thing, over, and over, ust to get some precious resource.  I guess thats where the line between casual gaming and extreme gaming is drawn.  

Whoa, 80 plates per a drop?  Where are you getting that?  On a typical run, alloy paltes drop in stacks of about 20 to 40 or so, max.  I have never seen plates stack up that high, unless they just happened to have increased the amounts of plates per drop.

EDIT:Hmmmm, sounds like some are getting higher drops. What planet and mission are you doing to get these record highs?  I swear, ebfore the 8.0 update, alloy plates never dropped in stacks that high.

I got 143 from one stack once. Thankfully my game crashed in the middle and I lost about 400 alloy plate.

Why. Why do clans matter so much to DE in a game that is only 4 player co-op with zero competitive elements. This makes no sense. In fact, its pretty stupid.

I do not understand. No one is forcing anyone to join a clan, or participate in building dojos....

Anyone, and everyone could play as they have been, and avoid clans altogether.

But yes, to gain access to a dojo etc, you need a clan. It does not hinder your gameplay in the least not to be in one though.

I do not understand. No one is forcing anyone to join a clan, or participate in building dojos....

Anyone, and everyone could play as they have been, and avoid clans altogether.

But yes, to gain access to a dojo etc, you need a clan. It does not hinder your gameplay in the least not to be in one though.

That was hyperbolic right? You realise almost half of the 20 new weapons are content locked by dojos and seeing as dojo's are in beta they'll be expanding upon this mechanic in the future. So yeah I can just miss out on half the content in the game due to absurd content locks OR they could be more reasonable in their barriers of entry. This is all pretty obvious bsaed upon the information which everybody has access to, so I assume you're either being intensely sarcastic or your just a troll.

**edit: I said the dojo's were in beta when I should have stated they are in alpha - my apologies.

Edited by Relkin

That was hyperbolic right? You realise almost half of the 20 new weapons are content locked by dojos and seeing as dojo's are in beta they'll be expanding upon this mechanic in the future. So yeah I can just miss out on half the content in the game due to absurd content locks OR they could be more reasonable in their barriers of entry. This is all pretty obvious bsaed upon the information which everybody has access to, so I assume you're either being intensely sarcastic or your just a troll.

**edit: I said the dojo's were in beta when I should have stated they are in alpha - my apologies.

They were alpha tested before release to you and the rest of the gen public. They are beta.

Edited by Zackai

To the people saying that dojo research was well-communicated, I would like an exact reference. I read the detailed summary once more, didn't see anything about dojo research. I went and listened to the ~5-10 minute segment on dojo building, and I did not hear anything about research or even so much as the word "weapon" being used.

To the "it's beta/alpha!" comment: Indeed, the point of the thread is to discuss the problem (/non-problem), and finding ways to improve on it.

To the people who posted some possible solutions: Thank you!

As a general note on costs:

I'm sure some "hardcore" players would have no qualms farming whatever absurdly large quantities would be required. That is the nature of hardcore players. Personally, Warframe does not - currently! - have enough interesting gameplay (and I do not consider farming in any way interesting) to swing me into that crowd. I can do anything between a few missions to a few hours, and then I need a break before things get too monotonous. Farm X doesn't keep me in a game, personal mastery does.

Also, keep in mind that unless the research cost gets trivialized (which defeats the point of it being there at all), it'll still be more-than-beneficial to join a megaclan just for research purposes, so the forced feeling isn't going away even if "you can totally grind it up as a small clan".

If the point of dojo research was to give a sense of working together, it certainly didn't accomplish that for me. It just feels like it's forcefully trying to put me in a clan. Don't get me wrong - the OTHER aspects of the dojo are not something I have a problem with at all. "Hang out space" and stuff like clan stats and clan customization are good clan features.

Yes it gives the Tenno something to "come together and work towards as a group to get stronger" (paraphrasing from the livestream), but I think this is the wrong place/way to implement that. I might go so far as to say that it's a bit of a weird statement given how little actual group gameplay is in the core mission mechanics, but I think at this point I'm going a bit off-topic.

To the people saying that dojo research was well-communicated, I would like an exact reference. I read the detailed summary once more, didn't see anything about dojo research. I went and listened to the ~5-10 minute segment on dojo building, and I did not hear anything about research or even so much as the word "weapon" being used.

To the "it's beta/alpha!" comment: Indeed, the point of the thread is to discuss the problem (/non-problem), and finding ways to improve on it.

To the people who posted some possible solutions: Thank you!

As a general note on costs:

I'm sure some "hardcore" players would have no qualms farming whatever absurdly large quantities would be required. That is the nature of hardcore players. Personally, Warframe does not - currently! - have enough interesting gameplay (and I do not consider farming in any way interesting) to swing me into that crowd. I can do anything between a few missions to a few hours, and then I need a break before things get too monotonous. Farm X doesn't keep me in a game, personal mastery does.

Also, keep in mind that unless the research cost gets trivialized (which defeats the point of it being there at all), it'll still be more-than-beneficial to join a megaclan just for research purposes, so the forced feeling isn't going away even if "you can totally grind it up as a small clan".

If the point of dojo research was to give a sense of working together, it certainly didn't accomplish that for me. It just feels like it's forcefully trying to put me in a clan. Don't get me wrong - the OTHER aspects of the dojo are not something I have a problem with at all. "Hang out space" and stuff like clan stats and clan customization are good clan features.

Yes it gives the Tenno something to "come together and work towards as a group to get stronger" (paraphrasing from the livestream), but I think this is the wrong place/way to implement that. I might go so far as to say that it's a bit of a weird statement given how little actual group gameplay is in the core mission mechanics, but I think at this point I'm going a bit off-topic.

How do you plan on "Working together" by yourself? If you are not in a clan, who are you working together with?

The point of the dojo was to entice people to use clans more, and that is exactly what it does to a T.

No one forces you to join a clan, or want a dojo, or farm. Play the game how you like.

But complaining about Clans having Dojos is kind of silly in that it serves its purpose perfectly. To give clans a purpose, and function. But it does not hinder solo players from playing the game.

For those saying they are missing out on weapons..... Have you built/purchased all of the current weapons? If not, then why complain? And if at some point you do get all of the current non clan specific weapons, join a clan to get them.

It was mentioned in the live stream if I am not mistaken. I will go find it for you in the latest video if you are really wanting it.

Edited by Zackai

*snip*

Zackai, I think you're missing my point completely. I don't have a problem with the Dojo itself, and that is not the intended topic of this thread (there are plenty of those, I believe). I have a problem with the research part that gives you access to, honestly, anything that "matters" in a mission that you couldn't get without using the Dojo. Weapon variety sure matters to me.

Yes, I have all primary and secondary weapons pre-U8.

My point exactly is that what dojo *research* unlocks has nothing to do with group play, and you are "forced" to use dojo research to obtain items that also have nothing to do with group play.

If you think the solotion to this is to "join any clan with unlocked research and just use it"... you're essentially suggesting a player-driven work-around for a game mechanic - so why is it even there in the first place?

For an example of a game with a core mechanic where you can work together without being in a clan - the first example that comes to my mind would be dynamic events in Guild Wars 2 (I have other gripes with that game, but that's a whole other can of worms).

I'm sure some people would have no problem seeing new weapons being hidden behind clan-size grinding. For me, that's only right behind the hypothetical plat-only weapon without any blueprint (i.e. not a good thing IMHO).

How do you plan on "Working together" by yourself? If you are not in a clan, who are you working together with?

The point of the dojo was to entice people to use clans more, and that is exactly what it does to a T.

Entice? Forced is more like it. I shall explain later.

No one forces you to join a clan, or want a dojo, or farm. Play the game how you like.

Farming IS the game, its in every aspect of how its played. Either spend tons of real money, or farm for hours upon endless hours. Of course if all you want is to level the starting warframe you are given, and never advance any at all, Just kill things kill things kill things then I've got a Quake III thats dying to meet you.

But complaining about Clans having Dojos is kind of silly in that it serves its purpose perfectly. To give clans a purpose, and function. But it does not hinder solo players from playing the game.

It doesnt hinder them from playing the game, but it most certainly puts a quick end to progression in the game. Outside of a Clan, there is no way to work for a lot of the new weapons, in fact even in a small clan, its virtually impossible unless you have someone filthy rich in your clan.

For those saying they are missing out on weapons..... Have you built/purchased all of the current weapons? If not, then why complain? And if at some point you do get all of the current non clan specific weapons, join a clan to get them.

Aside from one Warframe (Banshee), Yes i most certainly have. And im in a clan, just not a massive jumbo clan. I prefer to play with people i actually know. If i have to be just another nameless voice in a crowd to get any clan work done, Then what use is it? You have no idividuality in a clan of people that don't know you. And no matter how hard you try, you can't get to know 500 people from one clan.

Moot really - troll confirmed.

Nice constructive mature post. Thanks for sharing.

Zyx -

The game has been out for six plus months with nothing for clans to do. We now have something to do, and the people who want to play solo are upset. I get that I guess.

If you want something that is clan specific create or join one. Plenty of games with clan specific items, this is not something new.

Entice? Forced is more like it. I shall explain later.

Farming IS the game, its in every aspect of how its played. Either spend tons of real money, or farm for hours upon endless hours. Of course if all you want is to level the starting warframe you are given, and never advance any at all, Just kill things kill things kill things then I've got a Quake III thats dying to meet you.

It doesnt hinder them from playing the game, but it most certainly puts a quick end to progression in the game. Outside of a Clan, there is no way to work for a lot of the new weapons, in fact even in a small clan, its virtually impossible unless you have someone filthy rich in your clan.

Aside from one Warframe (Banshee), Yes i most certainly have. And im in a clan, just not a massive jumbo clan. I prefer to play with people i actually know. If i have to be just another nameless voice in a crowd to get any clan work done, Then what use is it? You have no idividuality in a clan of people that don't know you. And no matter how hard you try, you can't get to know 500 people from one clan.

I have been playing since Jan, still have tons to do.

If you want to play solo, forget clans exist and be merry.

If they did not make clan only items, then no one would ever put forth the resources to build a dojo.

To me this is like people complaining that they should get Frost Prime blue prints, or Vandal items, even though they did not participate in what took place to get them.

My company wont pay me if I dont show up and put the time in. I wish they would though lol. And although not a perfect example, it sums it up well.

Join a clan, start a clan, or just play the game solo.

As I said in another thread, the clan I'm in has a grand total of four people, counting myself.

We're not worried about the Dojo's materials costs, as all of them are attainable in-game, and we know how to do them efficiently where we need to. We planned out our Dojo according to energy, capacity, and materials costs, and it'll look awesome when we're done.

Like I said, four people gathering materials for it - that's it. None of us spend platinum on much, and none of us are worried about the Dojo costs. Yes, they're substantial, but you'll only need to worry about them until they're done, and then never again unless you need to add on to your Dojo for whatever reason.

Edited by rhoenix

Nice constructive mature post. Thanks for sharing.

Zyx -

The game has been out for six plus months with nothing for clans to do. We now have something to do, and the people who want to play solo are upset. I get that I guess.

If you want something that is clan specific create or join one. Plenty of games with clan specific items, this is not something new.

You complain about his post not being constructive while you use hyperbole in just about all your posts.

Troll on brotha

I have been playing since Jan, still have tons to do.

If you want to play solo, forget clans exist and be merry.

If they did not make clan only items, then no one would ever put forth the resources to build a dojo.

To me this is like people complaining that they should get Frost Prime blue prints, or Vandal items, even though they did not participate in what took place to get them.

My company wont pay me if I dont show up and put the time in. I wish they would though lol. And although not a perfect example, it sums it up well.

Join a clan, start a clan, or just play the game solo.

How hard is this to understand....The Dojo is totally unrealistic of a goal to have when your clan is less than 20(or so) people. Im not complaining about having to be in a clan, Im complaining about having to be in a clan full of strangers that care not one iota about anyone but themselves. Thats not a "Clan", thats a bunch of strangers.

How hard is this to understand....The Dojo is totally unrealistic of a goal to have when your clan is less than 20(or so) people. Im not complaining about having to be in a clan, Im complaining about having to be in a clan full of strangers that care not one iota about anyone but themselves. Thats not a "Clan", thats a bunch of strangers.

As I said above, my clan has four people, all of whom work full-time jobs and have limited schedules to play Warframe. None of us spend platinum on much at all, and yet none of us are worried about the costs.

We planned the Dojo out on paper, and researched the best ways to find all components necessary. It may take us a week or two before we can start researching delicious, delicious energy weapons, but it really won't take very long, all things considered.

As I said above, my clan has four people, all of whom work full-time jobs and have limited schedules to play Warframe. None of us spend platinum on much at all, and yet none of us are worried about the costs.

We planned the Dojo out on paper, and researched the best ways to find all components necessary. It may take us a week or two before we can start researching delicious, delicious energy weapons, but it really won't take very long, all things considered.

Then enlighten us as to how you plan on acquiring that Forma without all the RNG grind and not paying.

Then enlighten us as to how you plan on acquiring that Forma without all the RNG grind and not paying.

I never said we weren't going to grind.

Defense missions & boss runs(which by their nature include mugging the Stalker) to get the Void Keys. Use Void Keys to access Orokin Areas.

It'll take a while, but it most certainly can be done. Besides - the Dojo costs are all one-time costs. Once it's built, you don't have to worry about it again.