Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Research - "forced" Into A Large Clan

Zyxess

I never said we weren't going to grind.

Defense missions & boss runs(which by their nature include mugging the Stalker) to get the Void Keys. Use Void Keys to access Orokin Areas.

It'll take a while, but it most certainly can be done. Besides - the Dojo costs are all one-time costs. Once it's built, you don't have to worry about it again.

Do you know the drop rates? How can you estimate how long it would take to get something when no one but DE knows how rare/common they actually are?

Do you know the drop rates?

No, other than that Void Keys are supposedly rare mission rewards and Defense 5-wave rewards.

How can you estimate how long it would take to get something when no one but DE knows how rare/common they actually are?

You can formulate a plan based on its statistical likelihood. Given how it drops and from what, you can plan accordingly. It may take a while, but there are other benefits in the meantime.

Then enlighten us as to how you plan on acquiring that Forma without all the RNG grind and not paying.

So you want to just get every thing in the game without grinding? Might want to find a different game.

The Devs are not going to cater to people who do not want to work for something. That is silly, then you get it and quite.

Yes, you will have to grind, as everyone else does.

No, other than that Void Keys are supposedly rare mission rewards and Defense 5-wave rewards.

You can formulate a plan based on its statistical likelihood. Given how it drops and from what, you can plan accordingly. It may take a while, but there are other benefits in the meantime.

Thank you for being reasonable. If only more people of patience and sense played, all of these QQ threads we are seeing would dissapate.

Thank you for being reasonable. If only more people of patience and sense played, all of these QQ threads we are seeing would dissapate.

Patience? You want patience?

How about 400 runs and still no Banshee helmet? 30+ Systems, Even more Chassis...not one helmet.

How about 160 hours of grinding and grinding and cheering other players on, helping them as much as possible, All for not even enough materials to build ONE dojo room. Even if you were to totally ignore the Forma cost.

Is this enough patience for you? Or do i need to be one of those who have played since Closed Beta? Im doing as much as one person can, in a Clan where everyone else is also doing the same thing i am. And have been for as long as we have been playing the game, Only to be shown that we are going nowhere.

Which you just admitted to not knowing. Your time estimations are based on faulty or non-existant information.

Aigloblam, on 24 May 2013 - 5:08 PM, said:

Patience? You want patience?

How about 400 runs and still no Banshee helmet? 30+ Systems, Even more Chassis...not one helmet.

How about 160 hours of grinding and grinding and cheering other players on, helping them as much as possible, All for not even enough materials to build ONE dojo room. Even if you were to totally ignore the Forma cost.

Is this enough patience for you? Or do i need to be one of those who have played since Closed Beta? Im doing as much as one person can, in a Clan where everyone else is also doing the same thing i am. And have been for as long as we have been playing the game, Only to be shown that we are going nowhere.

I do not feel sorry for you if that is what you are getting at. You have been playing since April.

Try Closed Beta, one mission, Xini, Defense, for 70 hours. All for a chance at 1 power mod, or 1 multishot mod.

Thanks.

TheChaffeemancer, on 24 May 2013 - 5:10 PM, said:

Which you just admitted to not knowing. Your time estimations are based on faulty or non-existant information.

You are trying to argue about what? They are few, and have a plan.

Take note, and do the same.

I feel like people are whining to whine, nothing else.

I feel like people are whining to whine, nothing else.

And some people just like to discount what others think for whatever reason. And don't understand now to avoid double posting to boot!

I do not feel sorry for you if that is what you are getting at. You have been playing since April.

Try Closed Beta, one mission, Xini, Defense, for 70 hours. All for a chance at 1 power mod, or 1 multishot mod.

Thanks.

Been there done that, still think this is bullocks.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

And some people just like to discount what others think for whatever reason. And don't understand now to avoid double posting to boot!

Been there done that, still think this is bullocks.

No, I think there is a place for this, it is called the feedback section, not General Discussion.

Meh, I could chastise you for bad spelling/grammar.

Which you just admitted to not knowing.

True - I don't know the exact rates. However, I don't need to.

Your time estimations are based on faulty or non-existant information.

No, they're based on statistical probability. Did you ever take statistics in school?

Thanks.

If i had known about the game then, I would have at least tried to get into closed beta, You can't look down on me for not knowing about it...thats just insanity.

Yeah i've played since April, And during that time i've gotten 55,312 kills (According to Ranking, 3497th place... in Stats it has 51,886) so no im not in the top 10, but i don't think im doing bad for myself considering the amount of time and effort i've put into this game. I've spent around 90$ just to get enough space to hold the weapons and warframes. After 160 hours and 90$, i feel like i've earned the right to to advance a little, which i apparently can't do without a massive clan.

No, they're based on statistical probability. Did you ever take statistics in school?

In HS they had bare basics, none of which taught us how to estimate percentages based upon ZERO information. To calculate that you would have to at least know how many items are in the RNG.

Actually forum accounts are made the first time you log in to the forums, not the first time you play the game so he could have played a lot more than just from april.

EDIT: NVM he posted before me ^^.

Edited by Story4

If i had known about the game then, I would have at least tried to get into closed beta, You can't look down on me for not knowing about it...thats just insanity.

Yeah i've played since April, And during that time i've gotten 55,312 kills (According to Ranking, 3497th place... in Stats it has 51,886) so no im not in the top 10, but i don't think im doing bad for myself considering the amount of time and effort i've put into this game. I've spent around 90$ just to get enough space to hold the weapons and warframes. After 160 hours and 90$, i feel like i've earned the right to to advance a little, which i apparently can't do without a massive clan.

I've mentioned in other threads that my clan is fairly small, at a total of four people. Just get a few people you hang out with who play Warframe, and call that your clan. It'll take you a little while to build the Dojo, but you'll have fun in the meantime. Yes, the costs are fairly large, but they're all one-time costs.

Not to sound like a smart arse, but why didn't you just buy a founder's pack for that money? You'd have gotten a lot more platinum out of it.

Explain how you know the probability of something when the information doesn't exist, where are you getting it from?

In HS they had bare basics, none of which taught us how to estimate percentages based upon ZERO information. To calculate that you would have to at least know how many items are in the RNG.

So... you test it based on items of a similar nature that you do know about, and adjust the methodology as needed. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

I am not looking down on you. I was only saying you will not get sympathy from me on patience, or what you feel is unfair in regard to grinding.

Even if I disagree with someone, I never look down on them, we are all equal.

This is spiraling.

Look, make friends, start a clan, grind as everyone else is, have fun.

Edited by Zackai

Meh, I could chastise you for bad spelling/grammar.

You most certainly could, But you seem to intelligent to point out gramatical flaws when you still easily grasp the intent of the post.

Actually forum accounts are made the first time you log in to the forums, not the first time you play the game so he could have played a lot more than just from april.

EDIT: NVM he posted before me ^^.

According to Steam, i've played Warframe for 362 hours, but thats counting the times i had the game running but was doing something else. Im sure i played a lot more than 160 hours, but thats what it says after the stat reset....So thats all i really have to go on. :)

Edited by Aigloblam

So... you test it based on items of a similar nature that you do know about, and adjust the methodology as needed. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

Ok then in that case its still seriously screwed up. Banshee's helmet is in the pool of random rewards for certain mission types, So after at least 400 of them and no Helmet, i'd have to conclude that i am the unluckiest person in the known galaxy.

Explain how you know the probability of something when the information doesn't exist, where are you getting it from?

1. Find item of similar nature as example. e.g., Banshee blueprint.

2. Using similar item as basis of probability, make plans for x number of runs to test.

3. Adjust methodology as needed.

My point here is not to flame you or talk down to you. My point is that just because you don't know the exact numbers doesn't mean you can't still plan for the chances.

Ok then in that case its still seriously screwed up. Banshee's helmet is in the pool of random rewards for certain mission types, So after at least 400 of them and no Helmet, i'd have to conclude that i am the unluckiest person in the known galaxy.

After playing 300+ hours, I'll admit that I still only have the Banshee Systems, and I've never received the other two parts.

On the other hand, most of the time up until now I've been playing solo, so it's quite likely that with the planned games my friends and I will be having, I'll probably get them as a side bonus of farming Void Keys. So, I look at it as one solution that fits several issues.

This is spiraling.

Agreed.

Look, make friends, start a clan, grind as everyone else is, have fun.

I have, I did, But that amount of grinding is unacceptable. It stops being fun and starts to become Work...When a game starts to feel like work for no reward, Its no longer any kind of fun, Its pure tedious labor.