Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unintentional Excal "nerf"

Rexlars

The new "weight system" introduced with Parkour 2.0 stops Excal from going airborne with Slash Dash. If you aim upwards at all, you drop almost immediately—like a rock. A very big space ninja rock. This happens both when you aim at aerial enemies or just try to use it for mobility. 

I don't have video capture software so I can't provide visuals. 

Edit: After some testing, it seems that it's actually a bug—the speed at which we drop. It's true that they've added some sort of weight mechanics, but when I aim at an airborne enemy with Slash Dash, it triggers, making me drop almost instantly anytime I use the power after that. 

Also, when using SD on an airborne enemy, you don't travel all the way to the enemy (Helions for example), but they still take damage. 

Edited by Rexlars

You also no longer have any range doing the spin attack mini-radial blind ... They should at least let you slide 3m, or 9feet. That tenno powerswing. Melee air attacks also have no momentum. I feel like a rubber dong-frame :'( poorkour 2.o very sad.

Ah yes, I meant to include that in the OP.

The new "weight system" introduced with Parkour 2.0 stops Excal from going airborne with Slash Dash. If you aim upwards at all, you drop almost immediately—like a rock. A very big space ninja rock. This happens both when you aim at aerial enemies or just try to use it for mobility. 

Look down, bullet jump, look up, slash dash, double jump, fly me to the moon

Yes, Excal is already on the way back to the garbage bin:

- Can't block damage anymore (at least not enough to survive against high level enemies)

- Problems with using Life Strike in EB mode thanks to his auto-blocking and the recent blocking changes

- "Slide-attack" now without the "sliding" part rendering it as well as the mini radial blind that comes with it useless

- Slash Dash now with less movement utility and that ability was only really useful as a mobility tool to begin with

Well... The only thing that I could actually consider a nerf is the blocking part, but slash dash still gives you a lot of distance, even more so if you use range mods. I usually solo Draco, and my overextended + stretch build allow me to reach the highest point (that tower right in the top near the main staircase, north from point "D" on the map) from a single bullet jump + slash dash. The bullet jump covers like 40% of the distance, and the rest comes from slash dash.

Edited by horcruxpotter

You also no longer have any range doing the spin attack mini-radial blind ... They should at least let you slide 3m, or 9feet. That tenno powerswing. Melee air attacks also have no momentum. I feel like a rubber dong-frame :'( poorkour 2.o very sad.

it was said many times in u17 coptering will be removed , also directional is still here , but its not melle , its duck+jump .

Edited by bad4youLT

It did this before Parkour 2.0. It's not new in the slightest.

I have stopped parkouring completey and the new systems is meh, for those of us who remembers the original tomb raider from ps1  with its slow  movement mechanics this is no different. the wall hopping is just smurfs. so many things are broken now you have to question their sanity in this.

I have stopped parkouring completey and the new systems is meh, for those of us who remembers the original tomb raider from ps1  with its slow  movement mechanics this is no different. the wall hopping is just smurfs. so many things are broken now you have to question their sanity in this.

Oh, that explains what I saw in my disappointing trip through the conclave. I was hoping for some good competition. -w- No such luck. None of them could do much more than touch me because I WAS USING PARKOUR and they weren't. It's seriously a lot more fun when you play with it for a while, and nowhere near 'slow' unless you're one of those copter-spamming dungeon-crawlers who were sucking the fun from the game, in which case of course it would seem 'slow' to you.

Go ahead, miss out on one of the most fun additions to the game in a while, I'll be flying all over the maps leaving arrows in Grineer while they shake their fists and curse at their empty clips.