Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Useless After Update

Oculus92

Since you made a Mario World 2.0 out of warframe the actual air dominition of Zephyr with his jump ability etc. ist now rather useless.
That leads me to the opinion that either this warframe needs a huge rework to give him another advantage or to lower the kangaroo-hopping and flying in the new update. There are players who did a lot of work ingame to get this (great) warframe and now you take it away.
I managed to stand on top of the eurasia map just by using the new parcour abilities, and if i had not been stuck up there (because you didn't adjust the maps) i would have been able to slowly sail down and comfortably shoot everyone.
No challenge, no need for warframe-abilities, just jumping and sailing.

OR...

You could spend some more time with the new movement system and realize that this is the biggest buff Zephyr has ever received.

First of all, Zephyr's passives. Both her lower gravity and air control synergize amazingly with all of the new parkour moves. The lower gravity makes every parkour move send you far further than they possibly can with any of the other warframes, and it even stacks on top of aim gliding. the air control makes you not as locked in to a specific direction or movement once you've started doing it. It's extremely difficult to not see these synergies.

Tail Wind not only far outclasses every single parkour move possible, it's also more useful than it's ever been, due to the removal of coptering and directional air melee. Since the average speed is slower now, warframes with mobility skills are now incredibly valuable. If you compare Zephyr's mobility to the mobility of the average frame, she's more mobile than she's ever been.

The Tailwind nerf hit me hard

The only Tail Wind nerf I've been able to notice is the horrific insta-migraine FOV increase that happens every time you use it. It both makes Tail Wind incredibly disorienting and leaves me feeling like someone's been pounding nails into my skull.

How about an option to turn it off, DE? I'm fully aware that you're reading this right now. Let's prevent the game from being physically painful to play.

The Tailwind nerf hit me hard, but her reduced gravity and other abilities make her far from useless

Everyone can now jump as high as zephyr and then sail down. So what are the exact advantages???

Since the maps are not made for this 3D-fights they have to be adjusted as well, for the already named reason. When i can without problems stand on top of the whole map, not being able to do anything anymore - especially for Zephyr - then there really must be a change.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

Sounds like satire, doesn't it...

And yet, I wasn't joking.

Consider this: Yes, I can jump up to the second floor of Tyl Regor's arena quite easily using just the new parkour. But in the heat of the moment, being able to Tail Wind up instantly saves me a lot of time and repeat attempts before I get trapped under the glitchy/painful water on my Archwing. Even when it's done, I still have a bullet jump and double jump I can spare, and then I can just Tail Wind again.

Actually I haven't found enough high ceilings to test if Tail Wind resets the double jump, but it would be quite neat if it did...

And yet, I wasn't joking.

Consider this: Yes, I can jump up to the second floor of Tyl Regor's arena quite easily using just the new parkour. But in the heat of the moment, being able to Tail Wind up instantly saves me a lot of time and repeat attempts before I get trapped under the glitchy/painful water on my Archwing. Even when it's done, I still have a bullet jump and double jump I can spare, and then I can just Tail Wind again.

Actually I haven't found enough high ceilings to test if Tail Wind resets the double jump, but it would be quite neat if it did...

And you think the warframe would really be worthwhile just by saving a second or two?

Before the update zephyr really was the dominator of the 3rd dimension, now its just slightly better then the rest, but without further abilities. 

And there is still the problem with the far too low maps. They cant make us fly and then refuse us the appropriate map height...

And the mario-like stupid doublejumps. And the kangaroo-like wall hopping.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

Sorry but.. I have played with ALMOST all the warframe (except Trinity, booben and Frost/Rhino) and Zephyr is no way useless. Its super fun to fly around with her less gravity and such. Putting on Bullet Jump mods makes her even more fun. Adding Duration and efficiency on her can make her go even further.

Of course they made it so everyone can pretty much fly and what now, but Zephyr has the advantage in air.. cause she got less gravity  and can therefore do stuff with parkour better.

She is not useless. You just cant play her properly... Atleast not anymore. (I have no problem with the update and Zeffy.. she works like a dream *-*)

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

So... OP. What exactly is the issue here?

That Zephyr is actually able to launch/fly further than the rest of the warframes without using any energy and being able to traverse half the map in a second and perform mad aerial maneuvers and divebombs and being really fun?

Well, okay then.

Edited by kaboomonme

So... OP. What exactly is the issue here?

That Zephyr is actually able to launch/fly further than the rest of the warframes without using any energy and being able to traverse half the map in a second and perform mad aerial maneuvers and divebombs and being really fun?

Well, okay then.

The issue is that 1.) he (or she for the sensitive ones here) has no real advantage in the air anymore (every warframe is now able to wildly jump and fly around in the map) and 2.) every advantage zephyr could still have is not realizable because of not adjusted/buggy/too low maps. Example: standing on top of an earth-map and being stuck. Without zephyrs abilities.

It just feels like a huge cheat.

Edited by Oculus92

The issue is that 1.) he (or she for the sensitive ones here) has no real advantage in the air anymore (every warframe is now able to wildly jump and fly around in the map) and 2.) every advantage zephyr could still have is not realizable because of not adjusted/buggy/too low maps. Example: standing on top of an earth-map and being stuck. Without zephyrs abilities.

It just feels like a huge cheat.

But she does have an advantage. She can essentially use two bulletjumps without needing to touch anything thanks to tailwind while most other frames need to touch something to get another bulletjump.

But she does have an advantage. She can essentially use two bulletjumps without needing to touch anything thanks to tailwind while most other frames need to touch something to get another bulletjump.

Which is useless when you already have reached the top of the map before even using zephyrs abilities.

Why is everyone ignoring the map-thing? O.o Wheather you like the update or not, this definitly is something that does not yet work, at least on earth.

The low height of most maps was already an issue for me before the update (just a few maps to really use the 3rd dimension in an appropriate way), and now it gets really worse.

Edited by Oculus92

Since you made a Mario World 2.0 out of warframe the actual air dominition of Zephyr with his jump ability etc. ist now rather useless.

That leads me to the opinion that either this warframe needs a huge rework to give him another advantage or to lower the kangaroo-hopping and flying in the new update. There are players who did a lot of work ingame to get this (great) warframe and now you take it away.

I managed to stand on top of the eurasia map just by using the new parcour abilities, and if i had not been stuck up there (because you didn't adjust the maps) i would have been able to slowly sail down and comfortably shoot everyone.

No challenge, no need for warframe-abilities, just jumping and sailing.

If tailwind was nerfed, the DE will have to buff it again, but saying that she is useless now makes no sense. You are forgetting she has 3 other ablitiys, one of them making her arguably the tankiest frame in the game.

If tailwind was nerfed, the DE will have to buff it again, but saying that she is useless now makes no sense. You are forgetting she has 3 other ablitiys, one of them making her arguably the tankiest frame in the game.

yes but her strength is her air dominition, unrealizable when there is no 3rd dimension in the maps. What do you mean with tanky?

yes but her strength is her air dominition, unrealizable when there is no 3rd dimension in the maps. What do you mean with tanky?

Turbulence makes most bullets not hit her, Tornado is godly crowd control, and on any tile that isn't a narrow corridor she can very easily spend most of the time in the air

Her "uselessness" must be why she's been kicking butt and taking names pretty steadily since the patch. She's still what she was before U17.

I submit the OP just doesn't understand how to use the 'frame well.

As far as cramped maps...yeah, so? If they ceiling is low, well, I don't need tailwind. I don't need ripline. Hell, I don't need a double jump. Why would it matter if you're in a tunnel? If there's no where to go to begin with, why would you need more height?

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

Ok so, Tailwind needs a buff - End of story.

Now, zephyr isn't useless, it can do a 360 degree horizontal flight so I still think she's pretty cool.

Also, the direct vertical jump gets you higher than any old coptering weapon.

Edited by RavenCorella

I've found that fighting in the air has always been less productive than fighting on the ground because you have less foolishness to deal with when you are not trying to pretend you are an airplane and can spend more time shooting.

Zephyr's usefulness has always been more ground centric anyway.  The air stuff is just flashy nonsense.  If other people want to fly so high they hit the invisible ceiling, lose thier buffs, and instantly get teleported to some random place in the ground then Zephyr is ok with that.

Her "uselessness" must be why she's been kicking ! and taking names pretty steadily since the patch. She's still what she was before U17.

I submit the OP just doesn't understand how to use the 'frame well.

Oh, and it is a female warframe. That's pretty obvious if you're familiar with the female form.

As far as cramped maps...yeah, so? If they ceiling is low, well, I don't need tailwind. I don't need ripline. Hell, I don't need a double jump. Why would it matter if you're in a tunnel? If there's no where to go to begin with, why would you need more height?

I'm not seeing a problem here.

I dont think you really read what i wrote about the maps. Especially the earth thing: When you climb up those giant roots and trees you finally move above the map without the possibility to come down again, as if you would stand on the "box" that represents the map instead of inside of it. This must be some kind of bug and is not really great when you want to do "air bombardment" as RainDreamer said.

Speaking of air bombardment: Without heigth there is no possibility to use advantages like air bombardment etc. And since the update everyone can "fly" by gliding in the air.

No i am no native speaker, but i think my English is good enough for you to understand my points.

Height is what you need to have air dominition for what this warframe is designed as also said by the devs in the presentation video to zephyr.