Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Drone Have A 100% Spawn Chance Every 3 Missions.

izzatuw

Making this thing that is the key to start a quest and get an exilus slot an RNG based spawn was a bad idea. Some people might get it to spawn on the first run, some on the first ten. I was fortunate enough to get it to spawn around my 3rd mission but from what I've been hearing from clannies and others, even 20 missions in and no spawn.

They should guarantee it to spawn on every 3rd mission the player plays on Uranus so they won't get bored or tired trying to get something to spawn.

Agreed. It first spawned for me about after 20 rounds of Tyl Regor but I couldn't find it. After another 20 rounds, it spawned for me once more and I manage to scan it. So I'm guessing around 20-25 rounds It'll spawn. But still, the chance is so low its like waiting for Stalker/G3/Zanuka to come for you.

Spawned for me after about 50 Sealab runs. Scanned it twice. Mission bugged out and I was forced to abort. Now I have nothing but two scans in my codex that mock me every time I look at it. 

Since all I've been posting in lately is Natah-related threads, you can guess I'm pretty pissed about it.

Spawned for me after about 50 Sealab runs. Scanned it twice. Mission bugged out and I was forced to abort. Now I have nothing but two scans in my codex that mock me every time I look at it.

Since all I've been posting in lately is Natah-related threads, you can guess I'm pretty pissed about it.

*offers hug*

Hmm weird... I even got the guy again after going to Ambulas than returning to Titania to get Day aspect...

The thing about RNG is that while some people may be lucky, others suffer horribly as a result, as if there was some sort of balance to be kept. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that is horribly unlucky.

Anyway, a lot of people are saying that Veterans shouldn't complain because of the wider playerbase; that the RNG for the quest is geared toward newer players that have tons to do, as opposed to veterans that do not. I understand the logic here, but it does not change the fact that there are inevitably going to be people that will never get the quest simply because they are not lucky enough, and with something that is clearly incredibly important to the lore and storyline as this, I just find it unacceptable. I tolerate the RNG for the Void, and mod drops, and resources. I even tolerate the RNG in quests when you try to move to the next stage, because at least I have the damn quest in the first place. What I don't like is that such a key piece of the story is locked behind an RNG wall. I'd prefer a grind wall to an RNG wall at this point. Sure, some people may argue that running Sealab missions increasing your chances of seeing the drone to get the quest is a grindwall, but as I've said before, it does not guarantee it will show up. I'll gladly run 100 Sealab missions to get the quest, so long as I am guaranteed to get it. Hek, I'd gladly play 200... or 300. Anything would be preferable to what we have now.