Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"useless" Mods That Might Just Need A Rework.

Lakais

EDIT: Made this thread in the wrong section. Should be in general, I think :(

We've all seen these mods. They are there and work as intended but what they offer is just downright useless or sometimes even make things worse. My personal pet peeves are four mods. 

Heavy Impact: This mod currently creates a shockwave every time you land from some height. And it is inconsistent sometimes about when it does and doesn't want to activate. 

Proposition: This mod would REPLACE your ground slam attack with a sort of "air stomp" as seen in some other games (namely crysis 2/3) I'll even point out the

, the last bit just looks exactly what I mean. I think this change would synergise extremely well with the new and improved movement system.  It would replace the current weapon based ground slam with a "generic" blast radius one that should be affected by the weapon in question and/or the height from which you do the stompin'.

Silence mods for ranged weapons: These mods currently make all ranged weapons silent (when maxed). But they are useless on any weapon without one-hit-kill capability. 

Proposition: When equipped on a weapon, this mod has an extremely short "stun" effect. Namely if you use a fast firing but a low damage weapon, it stunlocks the enemy being shot at so they can't alert their allies to your presence. The stun times will need to be very short, but long enough that some slower semi-auto weapons can keep the stun going. 

Bonus; actually sound suppressed. 

Zoom mods: These are the "more harm then good" category for me. With the hordes of enemies being thrown at us and the in general very close range environments means these mods don't really help with aiming. 

Proposition: Instead of increasing the zoom level. this weapon improves weapon spread but not recoil. Allowing for much tighter groups with weapons that usually would function more like bullet hoses. Zoom could be added, but to much lesser extent. 

Elemental resistance mods: I will also add other damage specific resistance mods. They are too specialized to be that useful. Diamond skin is, as far as I know, exclusively useful in the Void where the lasers are the only things that do radiation damage (and some archwing enemies) and is avoidable. Fire resistance mods have, to me, only been useful in that one alert where the entire map was populated by Napalms. Warm Coat is... Warm Coat. The missions it affects are completely random outside of some alerts. Toxin resistance is, just like Diamond Skin, generally only useful in infested missions AND other then Eximus auras, avoidable. 

Proposition: Rather then being a set of mods, combine all these into a single Elemental Resistance mod. Basically an elemental equivalent of Steel Fiber. 

There are a number of other mods that just need a tweak in their function. Like Ammo Drum being percentage based makes it completely useless on weapons with small mag sizes. Basically it should function with percentages when the weapon it is equipped on is above a certain mag size. And become a flat "+2 rounds" when the weapon in question has a mag size less then 10 (for example). 

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Lakais

Silence change needs to be global for all silent weapons, as part of Stealth 2.0 - effectively, increase the timer between hitting an enemy and alerting the room to more than half a millisecond.

Zoom into accuracy mod - fantastic idea. Yes. Absolutely.

Elemental resistance consolidation - Yes. So much. Same goes for elemental Arcanes.

Other mods mainly need updating - like the ones that max out at 30% (ammo/shotgun ROF/dead gods, status chance/etc).