Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Better Warframe!

Judeo

WARNING: REALLY LONG POST

So this is my really long post about how I want the warframes are supposed to work in my opinion.

What I took into account is to give each warframe a defining mechanic that they work around with their abilities which matches their thematic execution.

I know there is already a mega thread somewhere about retuning the warframes, but what I intend is a total mechanical overhaul of their kit based on their thematics.

EDIT: Added EQUINOX

EDIT: Added more description to provide an in-depth explanation.

Modified several warframe abilities, making some of them a little more complex but more entertaining.

EDIT: Added spoilers.

EDIT: Rethinked on VALKYR, CHROMA, SARYN, and TRINITY.

EDIT: Some people have stated that some of their ability reworks are similar to what I conceived, if not, the same. To put this aside, I'd like to add that any abilities that you may see that is akin to your own version is not stolen. I try to make them as unique as possible. But just know that I do not intend to claim credit for others' reworks.

EDIT: RETHINK 2.0 Removed a lot of warframes that may not need reworks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASH - ASH is defined here as a melee finisher/stealth type WARFRAME.

SHURIKEN - Throws a volley of spinning blades at a targeted area, dealing damage to enemies who get hit or tread on the blades.

NOTE:

Can be cast while doing parkour stunts or reloading.

ASH can recast this ability at a fast rate.

Staggers enemies, opening them to finishers.

Any element that ASH's melee weapon possesses is also applied to SHURIKEN.

If SHURIKEN hits obstacles or walls, floors, and ceilings, it leaves an area that damages enemies that tread on the shurikens.

Has a chance to apply status effects, both on hit and while lingering.

SMOKE - Throws a smoke bomb in a targeted area, staggering enemies and making any allies in the area invisible.

NOTE:

The stagger opens up finishers.

The bomb's trajectory is linear.

A utility ability used as a defensive ability or as a setup ability.

SHADOW CLOAK - Discreetly turns ASH invisible.

NOTE:

Does not have a cast animation.

Gains movement speed while active.

Duration is increased if ASH gets a stealth kill or finisher kill.

SHADOW CLOAK's duration will be reduced if he attacks without using finishers or stealth finishers.

BLADE STORM - ASH reveals his hidden blades, bringing a savage amount of damage to enemies that cross his path.

NOTE:

ASH deals only slash damage with his blades with a guarantee to afflict bleeding status while ignoring armor.

Any finishers that ASH executes will add clones that will execute nearby enemies that can see the real ASH executing his target.

ASH also gains increased damage when performing finishers and stealth kills.

Gains a new stance.

He can use other abilities while in this state, but not other weapons.

Duration based.

Duration is increased for every kill ASH gets.

Melee multiplier does not decay while active.

ASH's stealth kills and finishers are different and a lot faster to execute compared to normal executions.

Melee combos focus on spin slashes and staggers.

BANSHEE - BANSHEE now has fus-ro-dah in her kit.

SONIC BOOM - Fires a fast and powerful sound wave that will knock back and damage enemies that it passes through.

NOTE:

SONIC BOOM will pass through obstacles and enemies, stopping only at max range (50m?).

Enemies hit are either staggered or knocked back.

Enemy armor is dented, reducing them for a duration.

Recastable.

Has a small delay between uses.

SONAR - BANSHEE reveals enemy locations and show their weaknesses.

NOTE:

Toggled ability.

Enemies are revealed on the minimap and on the in-game screen.

Critical damage and body multiplier damage that enemies receive is increased.

Allies also benefit from SONAR.

Works similar to codex scanners and enemy sense combined.

SILENCE - The same ability.

ACOUSTIC WAIL - BANSHEE shouts rings of sound that reverb around the environment, devastating enemies that get hit.

NOTE:

Toggled ability.

BANSHEE periodically fires rings of sound that travels slowly and bounces around everywhere.

Knocks back and applies SILENCE on enemies hit.

BANSHEE can only walk and change the direction of her wail.

Cannot use other weapons.

Can use other abilities.

MAG - Only PULL is modified.

MAGNETIC HAND - MAG grabs an enemy and throws them.

NOTE:

2-part cast.

1st cast grabs an enemy.

2nd cast throws them in a direction.

2nd cast has no cost.

Enemies hit by the body are ragdolled.

SHIELD POLARIZE - The same ability.

BULLET ATTRACTOR - The same ability.

CRUSH - The same ability.

MESA - A stance styled PEACEMAKER with a different take.

BALLISTIC BATTERY - The same ability.

SHOOTING GALLERY - The same ability.

SHATTER SHIELD - The same ability.

PEACEMAKER - MESA reveals her signature pistols, the REGULATORS while gaining a new stance.

NOTE:

Pressing E will make her shoot the nearest enemies within 20m, gun kata style.

Holding LMB will fire her pistols at her crosshairs at a rapid rate with little recoil.

Holding RMB will force her to a standstill, shooting at the enemies' weapons, disarming them.

Toggle.

Headshots will increase the damage of her REGULATORS for a short duration.

NEKROS - NEKROS can now steal souls instead of punching them.

SOULSTEALER - Attempts to take the soul of an enemy towards NEKROS, damaging others along its path.

NOTE:

A reverse soul punch, creates a projectile from an enemy that travels towards NEKROS.

Damage dealt to target is finisher damage and slightly pulls the target towards NEKROS.

Can be used on corpses.

Enemies hit by the travelling projectile will get knocked back and are dealt impact damage.

Recastable.

TERRIFY - The same ability, although with a few tweaks.

NOTE:

When enemies are terrified, they can't move and shoot for a few seconds.

Then they run away into hiding.

Enemies under the influence of the GRINEER REGULATOR are not affected.

DESECRATE - The same ability.

SHADOWS OF THE DEAD - The same ability.

SARYN - SARYN can reach 100% melee status chance now.

VENOM - The same ability.

MOLT - The same ability.

CONTAGION - SARYN empowers her melee weapon with potent toxins, adding deadly doses with every hit.

NOTE:

Duration based.

SARYN deals 25%/50%/75%/100% increased melee damage while gaining 100% melee status chance.

Enemies below 50% of their maximum health are slowed by 20%.

Enemies killed are disintegrated.

Lasts for 15/20/25/30 seconds.

MIASMA - The same ability.

VALKYR - VALKYR now has a basic ability that keeps her health up, but no longer has invulnerability.

REND - VALKYR pulls herself towards an enemy and mauls with her claws.

NOTE:

She throws out an energy rope to an enemy and pulls herself towards the enemy, pouncing on them and lacerating them twice.

Damage dealt is increased the more health she is missing.

Enemies killed by this ability will trigger a small and short fear status to nearby enemies and heal VALKYR.

WARCRY - The same ability.

PARALYSIS - The same ability.

HYSTERIA - Unleashes her rage within, mauling enemies with sheer destruction and speed.

NOTE:

Gains life steal.

Duration based.

Upon activation, VALKYR gains a near invulnerable damage reduction bonus (95%?) for a brief period.

After the damage reduction, she gains a lot of armor (around 400%?) for the remaining duration that decays over time.

Killing enemies while this is active will increase the armor bonus by an amount (25%?).

Still vulnerable to crowd control effects.

Has increased knockdown recovery speed.

Enemies nearby VALKYR are affected by an aura.

If VALKYR fails to kill all enemies affected by the aura by the end of the duration, she receives damage equal to the damage dealt by the remaining enemies.

Damage dealt is increased by melee mods and warframe mods.

Has significantly increased melee attack speed.

Melee combos focus on multi-hit slashes and high impact kicks.

Edited by Judeo

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at Oberon's and it appears that his power rework would include essentially nerfing at least half of his powers.

Your description for Smite is basically the same as the in-game power, only it does a slow proc instead of a radiation proc. In addition, you are removing the projectiles that result from the initial blast that have the potential to stagger enemies while dealing random puncture (reduce damage) and radiation procs.

Your Renew is a nerfed version of Renewal. I can't really comment on the rate of health regen as you are non-specific about it, but Renewal already does pretty quick health regen when it hits. In addition, you are removing the ability's range, making it so that Oberon will be unable to reliably heal anybody that may be a bit separate from Oberon's immediate area.

Hallowed Ground looks relatively the same. It looks like it is the only power that would receive a buff out of Oberon's kit in this thread, as a slow proc could be neat there.

Reckoning would lose all of it's crowd control potential and end-game usefulness. It's a neat idea, but essentially seems like an inverted version of Equinox's maim. There comes to a certain point in high level missions or late times/waves in survival/defense that enemiy damage output would be too high in order to make this ability useful, as you and your teammates would be wrecked in just a couple of shots and incapacitate you guys. Not to mention that frame health/shields do not scale, so even if Oberon manages to survive with 1 hp and all of his allies get downed, the resulting damage would not be able to take out high-level enemies and would only serve as a knockdown that required your entire team to die in order to work. Compare it to his current reckoning, where the only cost is some energy. Enemies all get knocked down and receive a radiation proc in order to divert damage off the team. In addition, a flash of light is emitted form enemies that survive in order to stun enemies that may have been initially out of range of the power when you cast it. In it's current state, reckoning is already a reliable way of protecting your team in high-risk situations, even when the raw damage of the power falls off.

Since this is a long post I only looked at my favorite frame, banshee. Your suggestions for her area terrible, you ruin sonic boom, here survival skill. You take away silence her other survival skill. Banshee is a cc /support frame that is very squishy but with a kit that allows her to survive in combat despite the fact. If you got banshee so wrong, odds are you got the others wrong just as much.

sorry but your saryn its terrible....for starters you are taking away duration...do you understand just how stupidly overpowered she would get with that? people would just mod her for eficiency and damage turning her on a stupidly high damage frame...now...skill by skill they all sound to automatic and boring...sorry dont like any of them.

Valkyr...sorry to say it again but just another rework of the bunch...most of the people who mention them dont have the slightest idea how she works...and sorry to say it but you are on the same boat...

Chroma sounds about the same but making two chromas convine elements sounds overpowered but at the same time anoying...everything else seems like how it already works exept effigy wich sounds unneded...having him fly at celing level doesnt make any sense...him already being on ground level its ok, if anything effigy just needs small tweaks it already works great.

Didnt bothered with all your wall text for what i can se many of your ideas seems tremendously personal and even clash with the actual concepts of the frames

Looking at Oberon's and it appears that his power rework would include essentially nerfing at least half of his powers.

Your description for Smite is basically the same as the in-game power, only it does a slow proc instead of a radiation proc. In addition, you are removing the projectiles that result from the initial blast that have the potential to stagger enemies while dealing random puncture (reduce damage) and radiation procs.

Your Renew is a nerfed version of Renewal. I can't really comment on the rate of health regen as you are non-specific about it, but Renewal already does pretty quick health regen when it hits. In addition, you are removing the ability's range, making it so that Oberon will be unable to reliably heal anybody that may be a bit separate from Oberon's immediate area.

Hallowed Ground looks relatively the same. It looks like it is the only power that would receive a buff out of Oberon's kit in this thread, as a slow proc could be neat there.

Reckoning would lose all of it's crowd control potential and end-game usefulness. It's a neat idea, but essentially seems like an inverted version of Equinox's maim. There comes to a certain point in high level missions or late times/waves in survival/defense that enemiy damage output would be too high in order to make this ability useful, as you and your teammates would be wrecked in just a couple of shots and incapacitate you guys. Not to mention that frame health/shields do not scale, so even if Oberon manages to survive with 1 hp and all of his allies get downed, the resulting damage would not be able to take out high-level enemies and would only serve as a knockdown that required your entire team to die in order to work. Compare it to his current reckoning, where the only cost is some energy. Enemies all get knocked down and receive a radiation proc in order to divert damage off the team. In addition, a flash of light is emitted form enemies that survive in order to stun enemies that may have been initially out of range of the power when you cast it. In it's current state, reckoning is already a reliable way of protecting your team in high-risk situations, even when the raw damage of the power falls off.

The reason I changed his smite is so that he can reliably suppress one enemy after the other for at least 8 seconds or more. This allows Oberon to take down deadly targets so that their damage output may be reduced to an extent. Also note that it knocks down instead of staggering them.

As for Oberon's renew, I understand how the effective range of his ability severely reduced his overall efficiency in healing allies. But I took into account how Oberon should operate by looking at his overall kit. The reason behind renew is to heal allies within his day of reckoning, to turn his own allies and himself into regenerating tanks that fuel his day of reckoning. That way when oberon has both abilities on, both him and his allies can sustain damage while returning a large portion of the damage sustained as burst. Another to take into account is the intensity of Oberon's healing capabilities. Note that Oberon is a knight, not a priest, in the most general sense; in which case he has a healing ability only to have a somewhat lower potency as to what trinity can do as the premiere healer. Combined with day of reckoning which gives energy and shields, it allows other warframes to continue casting if they lack the energy to do so and the shields to sustain even more damage.

Hallowed ground will mix properly with his renew considering its ability to reduce damage enemies deal, thereby controlling the rate in which Oberon and his allies take damage. But notice it will only work if they are standing on hallowed ground. In the most simplest form, Hallowed ground provides resistance against opposition, allowing Oberon and his allies to stand their ground.

On the day of reckoning, I made the ability toggled so Oberon can close it prematurely. At this point he is trading crowd control over damage since the damage received would be less given the open time the ability had prior to deactivation. So even if he lacked the damage or heal in the late game, he still has knockdowns from his smite and day of reckoning. Also the shield and energy regeneration from this ability allows for more sustainability. This ability combined with renew will turn Oberon and his allies into regeneration tanks at the cost of his energy pool.

sorry but your saryn its terrible....for starters you are taking away duration...do you understand just how stupidly overpowered she would get with that? people would just mod her for eficiency and damage turning her on a stupidly high damage frame...now...skill by skill they all sound to automatic and boring...sorry dont like any of them.

Valkyr...sorry to say it again but just another rework of the bunch...most of the people who mention them dont have the slightest idea how she works...and sorry to say it but you are on the same boat...

Chroma sounds about the same but making two chromas convine elements sounds overpowered but at the same time anoying...everything else seems like how it already works exept effigy wich sounds unneded...having him fly at celing level doesnt make any sense...him already being on ground level its ok, if anything effigy just needs small tweaks it already works great.

Didnt bothered with all your wall text for what i can se many of your ideas seems tremendously personal and even clash with the actual concepts of the frames

Saryn will take time to kill enemies, that's why even when she has a lot of strength mods in place, it will still take time and the right conditions to actually kill enemies faster than the weapons you use. This kit is reliant on placing your clouds effectively and plaguing the right target. To spread the clouds you need to get really close to the enemy, which viral skin easily complements. Her noxious blast is a conditional burst ability. Whenever enemies still standing need to be killed or when you need to kill enemies close to you, you use this ability. What she lacks in range is compensated for her ability to 'expand' her effects on the enemy.

Even if I am on the same boat, that can still mean you are just seeing the boat from the same area you are standing. Her rework is based on her condition, specifically her health. When Valkyr is taking hits or she is low on health, her abilities become more potent and dangerous. As much as her torment on the Zanuka labs, pain infuriates Valkyr to a horrifying degree. Also notice that I removed the immunity to crowd control on her hysteria. I removed it as a counterbalance to her invulnerability once she hits 5 hp. A berserker's worst nightmare is being tied up and unable to unleash bloodlust on your enemies, that same idea also applies to Valkyr; which is also probably the same reason she ended up in the labs in the first place. Her lack of crowd control and ability to resist them is what makes Valkyr the angry warframe that she is.

Chroma is an ancient primal warframe who is capable of modifying his element according to his color. True that combining elements is OP, so I removed it. I turned effigy into a flying dragon because it shows more potential in Chroma than a stationary turret that burns enemies that get too close. By allowing his effigy to dive and breathe elemental destruction provides the air support and area of effect that Chroma delivers with his other abilities, giving him a solid place in tanking and area denial.

Finally, some of the abilities' concepts are taken from the game because I feel they are adequate and thematic for what they do. Also all of it is opinionated, so it's okay if there are criticisms in it, I very much welcome it.

The reason I changed his smite is so that he can reliably suppress one enemy after the other for at least 8 seconds or more. This allows Oberon to take down deadly targets so that their damage output may be reduced to an extent. Also note that it knocks down instead of staggering them.

As for Oberon's renew, I understand how the effective range of his ability severely reduced his overall efficiency in healing allies. But I took into account how Oberon should operate by looking at his overall kit. The reason behind renew is to heal allies within his day of reckoning, to turn his own allies and himself into regenerating tanks that fuel his day of reckoning. That way when oberon has both abilities on, both him and his allies can sustain damage while returning a large portion of the damage sustained as burst. Another to take into account is the intensity of Oberon's healing capabilities. Note that Oberon is a knight, not a priest, in the most general sense; in which case he has a healing ability only to have a somewhat lower potency as to what trinity can do as the premiere healer. Combined with day of reckoning which gives energy and shields, it allows other warframes to continue casting if they lack the energy to do so and the shields to sustain even more damage.

Hallowed ground will mix properly with his renew considering its ability to reduce damage enemies deal, thereby controlling the rate in which Oberon and his allies take damage. But notice it will only work if they are standing on hallowed ground. In the most simplest form, Hallowed ground provides resistance against opposition, allowing Oberon and his allies to stand their ground.

On the day of reckoning, I made the ability toggled so Oberon can close it prematurely. At this point he is trading crowd control over damage since the damage received would be less given the open time the ability had prior to deactivation. So even if he lacked the damage or heal in the late game, he still has knockdowns from his smite and day of reckoning. Also the shield and energy regeneration from this ability allows for more sustainability. This ability combined with renew will turn Oberon and his allies into regeneration tanks at the cost of his energy pool.

Smite already knocks down the target you cast the ability on, the projectiles target other enemies and stagger them in addition to the orignal unit's knockdown. In addition, since he now has a slow proc, you can no longer hit the heavy hitting enemy and have his teammates, staggered or not, deliver follow-up damage to him. The "Smite" is not limited to a single person in it's current form, it strikes one like a plague from the divine, quick and sudden, spreading and forcing your enemies to deal out divine justice against each other in their panic. While this is a typical option, it also allows Oberon to jump into a fray should he choose to become the divine's angel of death by confusing the enemies long enough for him give/receive damage of his own before retreating back. The power's potential is severely limited by making it affect only one unit with a slow proc. 8 seconds on a single enemy isn't a good trade-off to about a 4-5 second knockdown as well as throwing the surrounding enemies into a disarray.

Renewal would never be on par with Trinity's healing, and in it's current form does not make him anywhere near close to being a Priest. It is one of the few vanilla healing abilities in the game, that is extremely useful and reliable as a support ability for your team, yet still does not come close to breaching upon Trinity's instantaneous full restore of health and shields. In fact, the proposed combination with Reckoning would probably bring him closer to Trinity's Priest/Clerical capabilities than his current iteration does now by allowing him to restore Health, Shields, AND Energy.

I didn't really have a problem with anything mentioned in Hallowed Ground as I think it is a relatively weak power in Oberon's kit and your proposed change is small and, at most, serves as a buff it probably needs.

I still can't get behind this reckoning bit. It shifts the focus of his power into a small area to shoot, forcing your team into a narrow field rather than allowing them to deliver the finishing blows to a powerful group or retreat to a safer position should the tide fall out of your favor. IN a sense, Oberon casts the reckoning to redirect their fire with radiation procs and his own tanky potential for just long enough before following his team.

You are absolutely correct: Oberon is NOT a knight either. He is a Paladin. A role that, while utilizing elements of both Knights and Priests, is still it's own niche and will never be able to fulfill the role of Knight or Priest as well as those that bear those titles in terms of Damage Output, Tanking, or Healing (See Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity respectively.) His toolkit is diverse an unique, having some basic synergy between them all for the creative, but still having them more self-contained int heir own right, as he is not trying to set himself up as a sole-support frame, or a sole-damage frame, but one that juggles those roles as the battle shifts, able to take damage with his tanking poential (not as well as Rhino), met out some serious damage (though not as good as Excal), or heal his allies in tricky situations (Not as good as Trinity). His fun is in his diversity as a paladin, a sort of Jack-of-all Trades for these traditional Three Class types (Warrior, Tank, Healer), but still retaining his own unique approach in all aspects related to these classes.

Your proposed rework kind of fits him into this specific role as dealing out a combo attack. Instead of rapidly changing tactics as the battlefield changes and juggling between the interpretations of each class Paladins derive from, you instead just cast Hallowed Ground, Renewal, and Reckoning and kind of hole your team up into a single "does-everything" spot. It doesn't fit into his theme within the Warframe Universe and goes against the expectations of those that love Oberon's more unique and versatile approach to combat.

I disagree with a lot of individual changes in this thread but mostly I think you're proposing a lot of fixes for a lot of frames that aren't broken and don't need them. There's no reason to completely change relatively balanced frames that people are enjoying playing just for the sake of changing them. Also, a lot of mechanics need to be fleshed out (would casting and recasting nyxs 1 cause anything of any level to just off itself?) and some of the name changes are over the top IMO.

You do have a lot of good ideas though and I think you should really focus on frames that do actually need either reworks (saryn, hydroid, mag, ember, limbo) or just one or 2 abilities tweaked (volt, trinity, chroma, ash, possibly mesa.)

I don't understand why the OP is getting rid of some of the best abilities....

Eclipse (Mirage) is awesome why are you removing it? It's perfect the way it is

Roar (Rhino) is awesome why are you removing it? Roar buffs allies damage output and is very useful for team comps, more so then the taunt

Antimatter Drop (Nova) Is awesome why are you removing it? Its basically the most damaging ability ever

Link (Trinity) Is awesome why are you removing it? It gives trinity the toughness she needs for higher enemies

Absorb (Nyx) is awesome (when its not buggy) Why are you removing it? Nyx rework just seems bad... no damage and ludicrous abilities... 

Radial blind is incredibly awesome.... and theres no point for another attack like slash dash....

Shield Polarize ( Mag ) Was an awesome defensive/offensive ability that was always helpful why get rid of it?

Loki loses invisibility.... and gets a disguise.... which would basically work like invisibly but less awesome.... also Loki can still disarm his enemies and then his ultimate reduces their accuracy of the weapons that the enemy no longer has.......

You are creative.... but some of these ideas are counterintuitive... Frames are supposed to have powers for different situations that work together with their other powers... not work against other powers.

Like frosts ice wall would function exactly like a snowglobe and having both would be pointless... 

Smite already knocks down the target you cast the ability on, the projectiles target other enemies and stagger them in addition to the orignal unit's knockdown. In addition, since he now has a slow proc, you can no longer hit the heavy hitting enemy and have his teammates, staggered or not, deliver follow-up damage to him. The "Smite" is not limited to a single person in it's current form, it strikes one like a plague from the divine, quick and sudden, spreading and forcing your enemies to deal out divine justice against each other in their panic. While this is a typical option, it also allows Oberon to jump into a fray should he choose to become the divine's angel of death by confusing the enemies long enough for him give/receive damage of his own before retreating back. The power's potential is severely limited by making it affect only one unit with a slow proc. 8 seconds on a single enemy isn't a good trade-off to about a 4-5 second knockdown as well as throwing the surrounding enemies into a disarray.

Renewal would never be on par with Trinity's healing, and in it's current form does not make him anywhere near close to being a Priest. It is one of the few vanilla healing abilities in the game, that is extremely useful and reliable as a support ability for your team, yet still does not come close to breaching upon Trinity's instantaneous full restore of health and shields. In fact, the proposed combination with Reckoning would probably bring him closer to Trinity's Priest/Clerical capabilities than his current iteration does now by allowing him to restore Health, Shields, AND Energy.

I didn't really have a problem with anything mentioned in Hallowed Ground as I think it is a relatively weak power in Oberon's kit and your proposed change is small and, at most, serves as a buff it probably needs.

I still can't get behind this reckoning bit. It shifts the focus of his power into a small area to shoot, forcing your team into a narrow field rather than allowing them to deliver the finishing blows to a powerful group or retreat to a safer position should the tide fall out of your favor. IN a sense, Oberon casts the reckoning to redirect their fire with radiation procs and his own tanky potential for just long enough before following his team.

You are absolutely correct: Oberon is NOT a knight either. He is a Paladin. A role that, while utilizing elements of both Knights and Priests, is still it's own niche and will never be able to fulfill the role of Knight or Priest as well as those that bear those titles in terms of Damage Output, Tanking, or Healing (See Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity respectively.) His toolkit is diverse an unique, having some basic synergy between them all for the creative, but still having them more self-contained int heir own right, as he is not trying to set himself up as a sole-support frame, or a sole-damage frame, but one that juggles those roles as the battle shifts, able to take damage with his tanking poential (not as well as Rhino), met out some serious damage (though not as good as Excal), or heal his allies in tricky situations (Not as good as Trinity). His fun is in his diversity as a paladin, a sort of Jack-of-all Trades for these traditional Three Class types (Warrior, Tank, Healer), but still retaining his own unique approach in all aspects related to these classes.

Your proposed rework kind of fits him into this specific role as dealing out a combo attack. Instead of rapidly changing tactics as the battlefield changes and juggling between the interpretations of each class Paladins derive from, you instead just cast Hallowed Ground, Renewal, and Reckoning and kind of hole your team up into a single "does-everything" spot. It doesn't fit into his theme within the Warframe Universe and goes against the expectations of those that love Oberon's more unique and versatile approach to combat.

I never really saw that part of Oberon honestly. As a warframe who focuses on juggling roles as a tank, healer, and killer in different scenarios in battle is indeed a good role on Oberon's part.

I will try to remake Oberon to fit that description rather than 'just another paladin' stereotype. But I have a small question: how would you feel if Oberon had a 4th ability that focuses his other three abilities? That way his 4th ability determines what role he is currently trying to supplement the team with. This can solidify his nature as a role-juggling warframe by giving him the capabilities to switch between roles, much like Equinox.

For starters this comes from a 42% saryn user, so i know whats shes supoused to be and do, also dunno if theres any order to your skills as you dont point out with one its 1, 2,3 or 4, less being able to know wich one its by name:

MIASMA - SARYN leaves large toxic trails of gas that damage enemies that enter them.

NOTE:
Toggled ability.
Deals toxin damage.
SARYN deals increased damage to enemies inside MIASMA.
Applies toxin status effect.

Its old miasma? its new one? seriously this just makes things hard to understand.

Ifits new 1: stupidly op, having such kind of AOD with little cost makes no sense...not much tought put here

VIRAL SKIN - SARYN covers herself in additional skin, but can shed it to remove status effects.

NOTE:
Casting the ability once will increase her maximum health and grant health regeneration.
She can cast it again to shed it, removing status effects while drawing enemy fire for a brief duration.
Does not have a duration while the skin is active.
Drains her energy to regenerate health.
Does not have a cost when shedding.
The shedded skin explodes when killed or duration ends, dealing viral damage and status.
This ability allows SARYN to dash into the area with MIASMA on to spread the toxins while sustaining damage in the process.

OK where to start....if this is supoused to be new molt its overworked cumbersome and uneded, courent molt works perfectly fine, if anything having it have regenerative molt integrated its the only thing it needs.
Overhealt...whats the point seriously? saryn already has the best HP pool from all frames, giving her more doesnt particularly do much, furtermore having to press again to leave the skin takes away from the survivability she already has with courent molt, One press leave skin wich already pulls agro while healing you, simple and works, doesnt need you to continiously press extra buttons for extra efects

PLAGUE - SARYN infects an enemy with a disease. Enemies that get too close to the target are infected.

NOTE:
PLAGUE has no duration; it will continue to persist until the infected is dead.
Killing the target will leave a toxic cloud.
Deals corrosive damage while proccing corrosive status effect.
A single target ability that can spread to multiple enemies that are crowded is SARYN's prime ability and her most effective set up for her NOXIOUS BLAST

Idiotically OP with no duration on it, i could simply plague one enemy and let it do the work for me, play the waiting game and thats all, no riks just rewards...

NOXIOUS BLAST - Toxins within afflicted enemies are triggered like a bomb, exploding and damaging them and nearby enemies.

Just like above...whats the point of this? plague already can do all the work for you without any problem, this skill becomes useless.

NOTE:
SARYN also creates a larger toxic explosion around herself.
Deals viral and inflicts viral status effect.
Can only trigger on enemies affected by corrosive, gas, viral, and toxin.
A powerful burst ability that only triggers when enemies are afflicted with statuses pertaining to toxin and its combinations is SARYN's deadliest dose against persistent enemies.

Now...do you even know why each skill has each type of damage? you seem to just choce them at random without knowllege.

Poison: deal little damage, procs viral (wich reduces enemys HP by half) creates balance with little damage with high support for saryn, by destroying the spores you spread the disease. I have tested this skill meticulously with a shotgun and its saryns best friend. Having duration counters high damage versus duratin making you have to chose what you want.

Molt: perfect as it is, gives saryn a decoy to take away agro from her, leaves a poison bomb wich deals toxic damage to spread in a wide range, helps keep enemys bussy while giving healt regeneration (if mod its uncluded) everything saryn needs without the need of extra buttons presses

Contagion: the only skill that needs a rework, saryn just needs something wich:

A) increases her armor (and thus her survivability)

or

B) gives her a big amount of overhealt

and

Small AoD with toxic damage, with this she can engage in close combat easily, this will add to her overall damage, convined with Molt gives her all the tools she needs for going IN and OUT of a fight

Miasma: it needs to have the numbers reworked so positive duration adds to the damage, this also can add a lingering efect on place, oviously you didnt considered the fact that courent miasma gives her a small amount of CC with a radial stun, something you took away without tinking, being corrosive damage makes her deal with heavy units easily, corrosive reduces enemys armor by 30% permanently among the damage she does, thats why corrosive its on her most powerfull skill...balance, something you didnt tought about.

Your rework doesnt really add anything positive to her, in fact just oversimplify and overcomplicates her kit

NOTE:
She temporarily unleashes her claws to execute the enemy.
A key ability that allows VALKYR to extend her threat range compared to most melee-centric warframes.

WARCRY - Shouts to increase her and her allies movement, attack speed, and armor.

NOTE:
Duration based.
Receiving damage while active will double the effects.
A buffing ability that actually promotes being attacked to be more effective although lacking in crowd control.

IRON WILL - VALKYR gains increased damage depending on her health.

NOTE:
Duration based.
Taking damage will further increase the bonus.
When health should drop below 5, the ability's bonuses is consumed instead.
A true berserking ability that synergizes with other abilities to bring more damage while being able to sustain damage.

HYSTERIA - Unleashes her rage within, mauling enemies with sheer destruction.

NOTE:
Gains life steal.
Duration based.
Health cannot drop below 5 HP.
She can be hit by crowd control effects, but will refuse to die in this state.

Im just going to say your rework its plain and boring...it works all around just loosing healt, but at the same time lacks actual balance....what prevents me from standing in the middle of a room, pop your histeria get miself purpousely down to 5 healt pop the other buffs and get a stupid amount of damage without risk...nothing its the answer.

Courent valkyr kit works around the idea of becoming inmortal by loosing the use of your weapons, warcry gives her a hefty buff to her speed and armor while at the same time giving her a great CC (great for tight spots where your teammates might get overwelmeed, pop warcry make enemys slower revive and dish the pain)

Stun its a great close combat CC, allows her to do finisher atacks wich will deal with msot enemys up to lvl 50 or 60 eben with heavys, a decent equiped melee weapons its all she needs.

Histeria makes her inmortal, makes her lose her weapons and rely only on close combat, regardless the lose of weapons balances the great power she gets, something yours just seems to add numbers without tought behind them...thats why i said you are on the same boat as every valkyr rework, just random ideas with no real tought behind them, valkyr its my second most played frame, i know her in and out.

Chroma is an ancient primal warframe who is capable of modifying his element according to his color. True that combining elements is OP, so I removed it. I turned effigy into a flying dragon because it shows more potential in Chroma than a stationary turret that burns enemies that get too close. By allowing his effigy to dive and breathe elemental destruction provides the air support and area of effect that Chroma delivers with his other abilities, giving him a solid place in tanking and area denial.

The stationary part its a balance thing, by having the effigy be a mobile turret you are just making chroma seriously OP. Chroma its already the second best tank in the game capable of dishing out terrible high amounts of damage with a well tought vex armor skill wich demands you to actually know how to manage your resources, by doing the mobile turret (wich pulls agro, takes damage for others, dishes AoD) you are just breaking him....having effigy stationary with all the skill it can do its balance...again something you dont seem to take in consideration

Finally, some of the abilities' concepts are taken from the game because I feel they are adequate and thematic for what they do

Sorry but most of them are not adequate for the theme they follow not the role they do, as you can se most people around tink your reworks:

a) make the best skills of each individual frame alme/boring/make no sense

or

b) give them way overpowered skill wich collide againts each other

Instead of giving them synergy you just randomize the kits in uneded ways

For starters this comes from a 42% saryn user, so i know whats shes supoused to be and do, also dunno if theres any order to your skills as you dont point out with one its 1, 2,3 or 4, less being able to know wich one its by name:

MIASMA - SARYN leaves large toxic trails of gas that damage enemies that enter them.

NOTE:
Toggled ability.
Deals toxin damage.
SARYN deals increased damage to enemies inside MIASMA.
Applies toxin status effect.

Its old miasma? its new one? seriously this just makes things hard to understand.

Ifits new 1: stupidly op, having such kind of AOD with little cost makes no sense...not much tought put here

VIRAL SKIN - SARYN covers herself in additional skin, but can shed it to remove status effects.

NOTE:
Casting the ability once will increase her maximum health and grant health regeneration.
She can cast it again to shed it, removing status effects while drawing enemy fire for a brief duration.
Does not have a duration while the skin is active.
Drains her energy to regenerate health.
Does not have a cost when shedding.
The shedded skin explodes when killed or duration ends, dealing viral damage and status.
This ability allows SARYN to dash into the area with MIASMA on to spread the toxins while sustaining damage in the process.

OK where to start....if this is supoused to be new molt its overworked cumbersome and uneded, courent molt works perfectly fine, if anything having it have regenerative molt integrated its the only thing it needs.
Overhealt...whats the point seriously? saryn already has the best HP pool from all frames, giving her more doesnt particularly do much, furtermore having to press again to leave the skin takes away from the survivability she already has with courent molt, One press leave skin wich already pulls agro while healing you, simple and works, doesnt need you to continiously press extra buttons for extra efects

PLAGUE - SARYN infects an enemy with a disease. Enemies that get too close to the target are infected.

NOTE:
PLAGUE has no duration; it will continue to persist until the infected is dead.
Killing the target will leave a toxic cloud.
Deals corrosive damage while proccing corrosive status effect.
A single target ability that can spread to multiple enemies that are crowded is SARYN's prime ability and her most effective set up for her NOXIOUS BLAST

Idiotically OP with no duration on it, i could simply plague one enemy and let it do the work for me, play the waiting game and thats all, no riks just rewards...

NOXIOUS BLAST - Toxins within afflicted enemies are triggered like a bomb, exploding and damaging them and nearby enemies.

Just like above...whats the point of this? plague already can do all the work for you without any problem, this skill becomes useless.

NOTE:
SARYN also creates a larger toxic explosion around herself.
Deals viral and inflicts viral status effect.
Can only trigger on enemies affected by corrosive, gas, viral, and toxin.
A powerful burst ability that only triggers when enemies are afflicted with statuses pertaining to toxin and its combinations is SARYN's deadliest dose against persistent enemies.

Now...do you even know why each skill has each type of damage? you seem to just choce them at random without knowllege.

Poison: deal little damage, procs viral (wich reduces enemys HP by half) creates balance with little damage with high support for saryn, by destroying the spores you spread the disease. I have tested this skill meticulously with a shotgun and its saryns best friend. Having duration counters high damage versus duratin making you have to chose what you want.

Molt: perfect as it is, gives saryn a decoy to take away agro from her, leaves a poison bomb wich deals toxic damage to spread in a wide range, helps keep enemys bussy while giving healt regeneration (if mod its uncluded) everything saryn needs without the need of extra buttons presses

Contagion: the only skill that needs a rework, saryn just needs something wich:

A) increases her armor (and thus her survivability)

or

B) gives her a big amount of overhealt

and

Small AoD with toxic damage, with this she can engage in close combat easily, this will add to her overall damage, convined with Molt gives her all the tools she needs for going IN and OUT of a fight

Miasma: it needs to have the numbers reworked so positive duration adds to the damage, this also can add a lingering efect on place, oviously you didnt considered the fact that courent miasma gives her a small amount of CC with a radial stun, something you took away without tinking, being corrosive damage makes her deal with heavy units easily, corrosive reduces enemys armor by 30% permanently among the damage she does, thats why corrosive its on her most powerfull skill...balance, something you didnt tought about.

Your rework doesnt really add anything positive to her, in fact just oversimplify and overcomplicates her kit

NOTE:
She temporarily unleashes her claws to execute the enemy.
A key ability that allows VALKYR to extend her threat range compared to most melee-centric warframes.

WARCRY - Shouts to increase her and her allies movement, attack speed, and armor.

NOTE:
Duration based.
Receiving damage while active will double the effects.
A buffing ability that actually promotes being attacked to be more effective although lacking in crowd control.

IRON WILL - VALKYR gains increased damage depending on her health.

NOTE:
Duration based.
Taking damage will further increase the bonus.
When health should drop below 5, the ability's bonuses is consumed instead.
A true berserking ability that synergizes with other abilities to bring more damage while being able to sustain damage.

HYSTERIA - Unleashes her rage within, mauling enemies with sheer destruction.

NOTE:
Gains life steal.
Duration based.
Health cannot drop below 5 HP.
She can be hit by crowd control effects, but will refuse to die in this state.

Im just going to say your rework its plain and boring...it works all around just loosing healt, but at the same time lacks actual balance....what prevents me from standing in the middle of a room, pop your histeria get miself purpousely down to 5 healt pop the other buffs and get a stupid amount of damage without risk...nothing its the answer.

Courent valkyr kit works around the idea of becoming inmortal by loosing the use of your weapons, warcry gives her a hefty buff to her speed and armor while at the same time giving her a great CC (great for tight spots where your teammates might get overwelmeed, pop warcry make enemys slower revive and dish the pain)

Stun its a great close combat CC, allows her to do finisher atacks wich will deal with msot enemys up to lvl 50 or 60 eben with heavys, a decent equiped melee weapons its all she needs.

Histeria makes her inmortal, makes her lose her weapons and rely only on close combat, regardless the lose of weapons balances the great power she gets, something yours just seems to add numbers without tought behind them...thats why i said you are on the same boat as every valkyr rework, just random ideas with no real tought behind them, valkyr its my second most played frame, i know her in and out.

The stationary part its a balance thing, by having the effigy be a mobile turret you are just making chroma seriously OP. Chroma its already the second best tank in the game capable of dishing out terrible high amounts of damage with a well tought vex armor skill wich demands you to actually know how to manage your resources, by doing the mobile turret (wich pulls agro, takes damage for others, dishes AoD) you are just breaking him....having effigy stationary with all the skill it can do its balance...again something you dont seem to take in consideration

Finally, some of the abilities' concepts are taken from the game because I feel they are adequate and thematic for what they do

Sorry but most of them are not adequate for the theme they follow not the role they do, as you can se most people around tink your reworks:

a) make the best skills of each individual frame alme/boring/make no sense

or

b) give them way overpowered skill wich collide againts each other

Instead of giving them synergy you just randomize the kits in uneded ways

Perhaps I need more adjustments.

But do take note that I did not mention the values of the damage, cost, cooldowns, and other attributes as to focus more on what the ability does and not how much it can do.

I do agree that others may need a rethink, but do not assume that no thought was put into it.

First, MIASMA is indeed a first ability, which is why it was defined first.

MIASMA is an ability that continuously creates clouds of damage from your current position. This implies that proper positioning is empirical if you want the ability to deal a lot of damage, preferably where most enemies are or will run into. I never mentioned damage since that is up to number balance to tweak it. I can make it deal 1 damage only, meaning the ability itself is useless, but I didn't. I can make the duration last only up to 2 seconds, but I didn't.

Mechanic-wise, MIASMA is affixed to one tactic only, which is to create clouds of toxins to wherever the enemy is, promoting that you get close to them, which brings me to VIRAL SKIN.

VIRAL SKIN gives you more health and grants health regeneration if it drops below max at the expense of energy. This means that if you want your health topped up, you need to sacrifice the energy as a worst case, or just don't get hit at all. Shedding the skin is where the old molt comes in. By removing the regeneration and max health buff, you are deliberately making yourself 'softer' at the expense of redirecting aggression of the enemy to the molt. Multiple shedding is also an option if you want to keep enemies attacking the skins more than you or your allies. And it can still help with propagating disease since it explodes on death.

PLAGUE is a non duration based ability since it is a permanent fatal ailment to the enemy. Since when did someone got better simply because the fatal disease faded away? PLAGUE embodies this nature as a killing ability since it does what it is defined as. The tactic behind this ability is almost like VENOM, except that you don't have to shoot the spores because there are none. This ability adds consistent damage towards the enemy, something VIRAL SKIN and MIASMA cannot do with good efficiency. Also note PLAGUE eating through armor as well, this allows proper and consistent armor reduction on an ability that reliably damages the enemy.

NOXIOUS BLAST is a powerful ability, which is why it deserves the 4th ability slot. Unlike PLAGUE, this ability deals large damage to enemies afflicted with any toxin status effects and its integrals such as gas, corrosive, and viral. Because of this, SARYN can literally just use ACRID and use this ability to 'detonate' the enemy. The risk here is that it can only deal damage only if you have applied these statuses on the enemy or they get hit by the explosion.

But even if I didn't inflict statuses, SARYN still has her own body to create an explosion with. This means the only benefit you get from infecting enemies for NOXIOUS BLAST is that it increases its area of effect.

Mentioning the stun in the OLD MIASMA, I will admit that NOXIOUS BLAST not having a stun would seem weird and underwhelming considering the damage it can do and that I did forgot about it. I will add a stun duration on NOXIOUS BLAST on the next rethink.

On the case of VALKYR, I will admit that you pointing out the tactic for running into the enemy and taking all the damage seems all too obvious as a tactic since I would promote it, but not for the reasons you think.

I will rethink on VALKYR's mechanic, one that would work depending on her health. Meaning her next rethink will add effects when she is high on health, giving her 2 roles to fulfill. One is a tank that deals crowd control, the other a damage dealer that kills one target at a time.

VALKYR having an immortal minimum of 5 HP and a lifesteal component allows her to alternatively switch between roles. The only real risk VALKYR has to take into account is if her HYSTERIA ends while taking damage, something she already has in game and by far the only risk she really has, plus receiving damage at the end of the ability if she does not kill targets affected by her aura.

Regarding CHROMA, I do feel what you are pointing out is true, being a flying and a ground warframe at the same time has to have its fair share of risks. I will add heavy damage reduction on CHROMA's damage output so that there is a risk behind using the EFFIGY. It will increase his area of effect, but it will also reduce the effectiveness of other abilities since 'half' of his body is on the ceiling, picking off targets and burning stuff to the ground. Not to mention making CHROMA a lot softer since the pelt carries most of the armor.

Overall, your input, albeit insensitive, has its fair share of details pointed out that I missed. And I thank you for that.

Note that this rethinking will continue.

Hopefully someone important is reading.

Edited by Judeo

Perhaps I need more adjustments.

But do take note that I did not mention the values of the damage, cost, cooldowns, and other attributes as to focus more on what the ability does and not how much it can do.

I do agree that others may need a rethink, but do not assume that no thought was put into it.

First, MIASMA is indeed a first ability, which is why it was defined first.

MIASMA is an ability that continuously creates clouds of damage from your current position. This implies that proper positioning is empirical if you want the ability to deal a lot of damage, preferably where most enemies are or will run into. I never mentioned damage since that is up to number balance to tweak it. I can make it deal 1 damage only, meaning the ability itself is useless, but I didn't. I can make the duration last only up to 2 seconds, but I didn't.

Mechanic-wise, MIASMA is affixed to one tactic only, which is to create clouds of toxins to wherever the enemy is, promoting that you get close to them, which brings me to VIRAL SKIN.

This is exactly the problem with your idea...its fixed on a single concept, pretty much you are making her a one trick pony with this power.

Courent venon allows for single target high damage OR low damage with a wide spread, i have filled complete rooms with venom by just casting two times, shooting spores on said two spores and let them do the damage and stats proc for me, betwen old versus your version ill pick old any day, its no contest.

- As an experienced Saryn player AND tenno i can tell you your idea its bad, for starters im dam good to go in and out of crowds of enemys, with your idea i would just be bunny hoping all day leaving poison pools with little risk involved, furtermore spreading venom like a drunken snake, sorry but i still pick old verus yours, your sound just...meh.

VIRAL SKIN gives you more health and grants health regeneration if it drops below max at the expense of energy. This means that if you want your health topped up, you need to sacrifice the energy as a worst case, or just don't get hit at all. Shedding the skin is where the old molt comes in. By removing the regeneration and max health buff, you are deliberately making yourself 'softer' at the expense of redirecting aggression of the enemy to the molt. Multiple shedding is also an option if you want to keep enemies attacking the skins more than you or your allies. And it can still help with propagating disease since it explodes on death.

Again why i would pick your vertion when courent molt gives me healt regen at a fast paced time, a decoy to draw agro from enemys, explodes dealing damage and takes away procs from me, all with a single click. Its tactical, its fast (as the gameplay demands) and simple to use, yours its cumbersome, overworked and as other reworks i have seen try to give a "fair" buff/debuff wich doesnt make sense

PLAGUE is a non duration based ability since it is a permanent fatal ailment to the enemy. Since when did someone got better simply because the fatal disease faded away? PLAGUE embodies this nature as a killing ability since it does what it is defined as. The tactic behind this ability is almost like VENOM, except that you don't have to shoot the spores because there are none. This ability adds consistent damage towards the enemy, something VIRAL SKIN and MIASMA cannot do with good efficiency. Also note PLAGUE eating through armor as well, this allows proper and consistent armor reduction on an ability that reliably damages the enemy.

I already said it and you seem to not understand...giving an ability a permanent duration its stupid, game breaking and plain ridiculous, thats the reason most skills like this have a duration based stat, to keep balance betwen damage and the time it lasts, making it permanent again just allows me to use said ability, hide on a high place and let it kill ANYTHING without me needing to do anything. Furthermore being corrosive damage based just makes it eben worst...seriously dude you need to tink before you do this things.

NOXIOUS BLAST is a powerful ability, which is why it deserves the 4th ability slot. Unlike PLAGUE, this ability deals large damage to enemies afflicted with any toxin status effects and its integrals such as gas, corrosive, and viral. Because of this, SARYN can literally just use ACRID and use this ability to 'detonate' the enemy. The risk here is that it can only deal damage only if you have applied these statuses on the enemy or they get hit by the explosion.

But even if I didn't inflict statuses, SARYN still has her own body to create an explosion with. This means the only benefit you get from infecting enemies for NOXIOUS BLAST is that it increases its area of effect.

This is even worse, not only you are making her a killing machine with zero risk, you are also forcing saryn players to pick out a determined type of weapons for their skills to even work...its like saying Excalibur cant use any of his skills if he doesnt have a sword equiped (screw axes, daggers staff or other things you are a sword frame use swords or screw you). Terrible idea dude...seriously.

Mentioning the stun in the OLD MIASMA, I will admit that NOXIOUS BLAST not having a stun would seem weird and underwhelming considering the damage it can do and that I did forgot about it. I will add a stun duration on NOXIOUS BLAST on the next rethink.

On the case of VALKYR, I will admit that you pointing out the tactic for running into the enemy and taking all the damage seems all too obvious as a tactic since I would promote it, but not for the reasons you think.

I will rethink on VALKYR's mechanic, one that would work depending on her health. Meaning her next rethink will add effects when she is high on health, giving her 2 roles to fulfill. One is a tank that deals crowd control, the other a damage dealer that kills one target at a time.

VALKYR having an immortal minimum of 5 HP and a lifesteal component allows her to alternatively switch between roles. The only real risk VALKYR has to take into account is if her HYSTERIA ends while taking damage, something she already has in game and by far the only risk she really has, plus receiving damage at the end of the ability if she does not kill targets affected by her aura.

This is a rework i tought some time ago for valkyr, dont take it personal but your idea needs to much work

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/497355-valkyr-and-posible-changes/#entry5565338

Regarding CHROMA, I do feel what you are pointing out is true, being a flying and a ground warframe at the same time has to have its fair share of risks. I will add heavy damage reduction on CHROMA's damage output so that there is a risk behind using the EFFIGY. It will increase his area of effect, but it will also reduce the effectiveness of other abilities since 'half' of his body is on the ceiling, picking off targets and burning stuff to the ground. Not to mention making CHROMA a lot softer since the pelt carries most of the armor.

*face palm* dude...now you want to nerf one of the MOST balanced frames out there in pose of your own idea?...i have no words...seriously

Overall, your input, albeit insensitive, has its fair share of details pointed out that I missed. And I thank you for that.

Note that this rethinking will continue.

Hopefully someone important is reading.

Dont take it personal but...im glad you dont work for DE rework deparment...and by taking a quick look at some of your other concepts they are just as bad...

Edited by viamont

Dont take it personal but...im glad you dont work for DE rework deparment...and by taking a quick look at some of your other concepts they are just as bad...

Ouch.

Seeing you as a better concept designer, any tips on proper concept designing?

Just a heads up that you're going to be very busy.  Are you even actually want to "improve" these warframe or just putting up ideas for the sake of it? Most of these ideas are unnecessary and majority of it seems like written to just sounds cool on paper.

Ouch.

Most frame reworks keep the same play style in mind. If you are creating a new frame thats one thing. Reworking is more fine tuning how a frame is supposed to behave.

Take a look at frosts rework or excals and notice how they only change 1 ability at most or change how powers are effected by things.

Ex: making a mag rework would involve changing how crush behaves and or make (bullet attractor) attract bullets to a group of enemies and if cast on allies away from them or with reduced damage.

Ex: B Ember rework. Remove accelerant and replace it with over heat. World On Fire now is a toggeable ability that drains energy and instead of hitting enemies around ember, world on fire now supercharges embers other abilities. Fireball now shoots 3 fireballs has all damage and aoe boosted by 5x, Fireblast becomes an aoe nuke with a much more satisfying KABOOOOOM and overheat now also pulls enemies to ember with a small amount of energy regen. All powers cast under world on fire have a slight power cost. World on fire adds innate fire damage to all embers weapons and provides a small defensive buff.

Edited by (PS4)UltraKardas

Ouch.

Sorry if it sounded a bit rude, again nothing personal but in case of your saryn i already explained you with some detail why your ideas doesnt fit quite right, just take your time, read them and compare, consider what i told you with what you want and se the mistakes on your ideas.

i gave you a link to my personal valkyr rework, take a look at it, i dont tink its perfect, but it took me a couple days tinking about courent frame, what she does, what people like about her and what i tink would be a good midle ground for everyone to enjoy about her.

Now the thing is frames like frost or excalibur dont need a rework at all, if you have seen ingame or eben around people are quite please with this frames, your ideas just scrambe skills, swap the best thing they do or plain out overpower them for no reason.

Your excalibur its worse, you are pretty much forcing people to use it the way you want him to be, right now excal its a very balanced frame with movement skills (slash dash) a great CC (radial blind) a decent damage AoE damage dealing ability (javelines) and a great ulti (trancient blade), all your ideas can be implemented easily on trancient blade as combos, theres no need to waste a skill lost for a spin atack, trancient blade its already very powerfull and you want to buff him more?

That pretty much sums it up, or your ideas are just downgreads from skills are already fine or just plain OP...no sinergy or balance betwen them, perhaps you tink on papper they sound good, but the moment you stop to tink about them ingame just no...and i have the feeling if i start reading every single one of your ideas all are going to end with one op hability, a useless one and one that doesnt make any sense

Sorry if it sounded a bit rude, again nothing personal but in case of your saryn i already explained you with some detail why your ideas doesnt fit quite right, just take your time, read them and compare, consider what i told you with what you want and se the mistakes on your ideas.

i gave you a link to my personal valkyr rework, take a look at it, i dont tink its perfect, but it took me a couple days tinking about courent frame, what she does, what people like about her and what i tink would be a good midle ground for everyone to enjoy about her.

Now the thing is frames like frost or excalibur dont need a rework at all, if you have seen ingame or eben around people are quite please with this frames, your ideas just scrambe skills, swap the best thing they do or plain out overpower them for no reason.

Your excalibur its worse, you are pretty much forcing people to use it the way you want him to be, right now excal its a very balanced frame with movement skills (slash dash) a great CC (radial blind) a decent damage AoE damage dealing ability (javelines) and a great ulti (trancient blade), all your ideas can be implemented easily on trancient blade as combos, theres no need to waste a skill lost for a spin atack, trancient blade its already very powerfull and you want to buff him more?

That pretty much sums it up, or your ideas are just downgreads from skills are already fine or just plain OP...no sinergy or balance betwen them, perhaps you tink on papper they sound good, but the moment you stop to tink about them ingame just no...and i have the feeling if i start reading every single one of your ideas all are going to end with one op hability, a useless one and one that doesnt make any sense

Now that I look over them, I do feel stupid and insane about it.

Thanks for the criticism. I'll try to reduce the number of warframes that don't need the reworks and focus on the ones that do.

I personally haven't played all the warframes, but I was hoping if you guys could give me some names of some warframes that do need a rework.

As far as I know, NEKROS, ASH, and MAG need some love.

EDIT: I have read your VALKYR rework thread. So far, people like the ideas you put into.

Maybe some reworks are better off written by other people and not me.

Edited by Judeo