Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Better Warframe!

Judeo

dude....I read just 2 of your suggestions and honestly, not trying to insult but you seemingly have no concept of balance and of what is physically feasible in the game

Let him learn he is only an initiate.

He is still new to Warframe and deserves some respect and we all deserve to be heard.

Still....

I liked and didnt like Your Ash ideas.

SHURIKEN is not bad and i feel you must have read my idea on a thread and got influence there

SMOKESCREEN was close to my idea yet not as Defined and effective as I had in mind, it still keeps Smoke Shadow as a mediocre Augment

SHADOW CLOAK im not fond of, and I prefer not to Throw away Teleport but fix it.

BLADESTORM Im glad you didnt decide to Invent a new ability but im not fond of the Stance and trying to Copy ExaltedBladeStorm?

The idea of more Clones summoning upon Kills sounds nice but I prefer animation rework and CC. I will share my concept with You.

WARNING: REALLY LONG POST

So this is my really long post about how I want the warframes are supposed to work in my opinion.
What I took into account is to give each warframe a defining mechanic that they work around with their abilities which matches their thematic execution.

I know there is already a mega thread somewhere about retuning the warframes, but what I intend is a total mechanical overhaul of their kit based on their thematics.

EDIT: Added EQUINOX
EDIT: Added more description to provide an in-depth explanation.
          Modified several warframe abilities, making some of them a little more complex but more entertaining.
EDIT: Added spoilers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASH - ASH is defined here as a melee finisher/stealth type WARFRAME.

SHURIKEN - Throws a volley of spinning blades at a targeted area, dealing slash damage to enemies.

NOTE:
Can be cast while doing parkour stunts or reloading.
Staggers enemies, opening them to finishers.
The ability itself does not deal any lethal damage, but the fact that it opens finishers is a big deal to ASH.

SMOKE - Throws a smoke bomb in a targeted area, staggering enemies and making any allies in the area invisible.

NOTE:
The stagger opens up finishers.
The bomb's trajectory is linear.
A utility ability used as a defensive ability or as a setup ability.
This gives ASH the edge to defend objectives as well as allies while at the same time giving him an opportunity to hide or set up kills.

SHADOW CLOAK - Discreetly turns ASH invisible. Recasting while active will teleport him to his target.

NOTE:
Does not have a cast animation.
Gains movement speed while active.
Recastable as a targeted ability when cloak is active.
Recasting will teleport ASH nearby the target without the target noticing.
ASH will always teleport to the rear of the enemy.
Duration is increased if ASH gets a stealth kill or finisher kill.
SHADOW CLOAK's duration will be reduced if he attacks without using finishers or stealth finishers.
This ability allows ASH to move fast with impeccable stealth, providing opportunities to set up with other abilities for execution.

BLADE STORM - ASH reveals his hidden blades, bringing a savage amount of damage to enemies that cross his path.

NOTE:
ASH deals only slash damage with his blades with a guarantee to afflict bleeding status.
Any finishers that ASH executes will add more clones that will execute nearby enemies that can see the real ASH.
ASH also gains increased damage when using finishers.
Gains a new stance.
He can use other abilities while in this state, but not other weapons.
Duration based.
Duration is increased for every kill ASH gets.
Melee multiplier does not decay while active.
The pinnacle of near-perfect blade massacre, BLADE STORM is ASH's signature ability.
This ability is powerful but requires ASH's intuition to set up finishers with his other abilities to be truly powerful.

SHURIKEN

Decreases armor and leaves a bleed.

Projects 2 shuriken that sometimes miss intended target.

Low lvl enemies Die one shot, but doesnt scale higher levels and applies a small bleed.

(My Opinion)

Shuriken should track more effectively (Hence:SeekingShuriken)

Shuriken should strip armor from higher level enemies and apply a stun that opens enemies to Finishers.

melee elemental damage mods should be implemented to shuriken.

Also this is an Optional Idea, I mean we do have Hikou/Prime and Despair soo really whats the point for Shuriken right?

Give us a Charged shuriken burst. Ill explain, Holding 1 charges shuriken and drains energy that has a cap of say 100

Releasing 1 Ash projects a Burst of 9 shurikens that leaves less damage and applies a Stun in a short radius opening enemies to Finishers for Ash/Allies.

SMOKESCREEN

The mediocre Invisibility?

Wrong and I am going to end the controversy here and Make Smokescreen stand out.

I would advise 30 secs Max duration added but im fine with 22 secs I have Primed Cont and all the duration mods maxed, although 30 secs wouldnt hurt it actually would benefit from my following concept im about to explain.

I have said before and will stress this to the end cause its Logic and gives Ash CC for Coop and a Master at Solo aswell.

CHOKE CLOUD

Yes, a lingering cloud of smoke that has a nice radius and opens enemies to finishers.

The stagger could be applied to the initial casting and enemies outside of the smoke cloud.

Enemies within the cloud will choke and be open for Finisher damage to Ash/Allies.

Note: This Active Cloud also works in synergy with SMOKE SHADOW which is a Great augment but gone to Trash since the Range is Poor and allies cant keep still. (Tell me who really does keep still in Warframe -_-)

The 30 second buff will apply to allies and give a Great Utility to Ash, Noonne still agrees?

Moving on....

TELEPORT

Great Potential and I have seen it but it falls off since it recquires to be a Marksmen.

The stagger when teleporting to enemies is poor and I had enemies run away from me -_-

I highly sugguest Free-aim teleport and I strees this will not make TAIL WIND obsolete.

A short range Teleport and also Targeted Teleport.

The Target teleport i had 2 ideas.

1st is a Auto-Finisher Teleport (With Option to Toggle)

2nd is The Non auto finisher Ash drops a smoke Cloud and Effectivly stuns the Target that way we dont miss out on a Single Finisher.

The Free-aim teleport is great for mobility and works in Perfect synergy with my Phantom Teleport augment I made a thread about.

a Clone that lures enemies and detonates like Saryn's molt and pops a Smoke Cloud.

(See the synergy? Smoke Bombs)

BLADESTORM

This is somewhat tough.

But I see GREAT POTENTIAL in Bladestorm and its really not hard.

DE gave us the Blueprint now we need to put the parts together and I have some great concepts IMHO

Bladestorm first off needs an Epic Animation rework, nothing Half assed.

Bladestorm needs a better camera placement and give the player awareness instead of being a Cutscene Ash/Clones can go on there Rampage and the player have a Full view of the Situation on the map, instead of Cutscene to cutscene.

Bladestorm Honestly needs a Toggle to cancel it.

as for Synergy, I have a concept that I want implemented throughout Ash's whole kit which I highly emphasize is Smoke Clouds.

We all know Bladestorm Marks enemies and we see them Highlighted in Red.

These Marked enemies Should be Coughiing in Clouds of Smoke while Ash/Clones Bladestorm opening the enemies not under attack by Ash/Clones to Finishers for Allies. In other words when You cast Bladestorm Ash/Clones Teleport and drop Clouds of Smoke to All the enemies you Mark depending on Your Range.

I wanted to add some visiual effects just my opinion again but the choke clouds are more Important as this isnt a Greedy idea cus its Granting Ash Plenty of CC throughout his whole Kit from 1-4 I have implemented a mechanic that is based around Stun/Choke/Finisher damage to Ash.

As we know Ash is the Ninja, and most who play Ash go Melee. Ash being beside Excalibur in Melee and under Loki in Stealth all the stated concepts I have given I have studied and put alot of time, passion, playing and observation of Ash and All Frames but Ash being my main and complimenting My playstyle Ash should feel like the Ultimate Ninja. Ash's Bladestorm should slice and chop enemies apart dismembering them as My Kronens Spin Attack Does. Thats a +1 up in the GORE department. <<Chech this out Geoff! xD

another silly concept I invision which some thought was cool, others said its stupid but w.e.

Ash's Bladestorm Marks enemies like Stalker and other assassins Bladestorm should make lights Flickering around the Marked enemies.

This was a concept i thought of while i was being hunted by him, I also love stalkers lore and how he is soo obscure and we know little about except his Mysterious pasted.

Doesnt matter. The point is The CC Synergy i ask to implement would be Great, Innovating, and Coop friendly for Ash!

Our ideas are similar in Finisher aspects but I implemented more CC throughout all the abilities.

xKogax