Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Concept] Transforming Weapons [14 Examples]

Denny2669

Sometimes, you have to choose between two weapons, but what if you could take a weapon that has the functions of both?

Transforming weapons have the ability to transform into one of two different weapons, changing its stats and stance.

It would have two stance slots (one for each form), and the mod capacity would be raised or doubled.

But advantages also bring disadvantages, the weapon can not block enemy projectiles (I may change this, cause im out of ideas).

(I feel like somebody has done this before.... im sorry if this is similar to some other posts).

Here are some weapon concepts that i made:

Lektana

Also known as the "Snake Sword", the Lektana is a Katana that can extend itself into a fragmented bladed whip.

So its a combination of the Nikana and the Lecta (or any other whip weapon).

Dragon Lektana could be possible too.

Snakeswor.jpg

Keep in mind that this is not what the weapon would look like, its just to give you a an idea on what a snake sword is.

This is a sword/whip, but the Lektana is a Katana/whip, thats why those weapons are different.

Source of image: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/5LV5TQ1R-aresena-the-arc-fire-templar

The two forms of the weapon would use different stats and stances, making it practical to switch between them.

I dont think i need to make the stats for the weapons, since the two forms are based on already existing weapons.

Galvenka

This weapon is the Glaive combined with the Venka claws, making throwing melee useful in more than just throwing.

It took me a while to realize that there are two Venka claws, which make six blades, and the one Glaive only has three...

But those three blades could be split into double blades, making six blades, right?

Or we could simply have two Glaives, or only one Venka claw.

Anyway, the transformation should be logical and realistic, so before we go combining random weapons, we have to think about how the weapons would transform from one form to the other.

This weapon can get a prime version.

Krokama

This weapon is the Kronen combined with the Dual Kamas, giving some love to scythe weapons.

The way this weapon transforms is a bit more complicated....

When transforming to the dual scythe form, the tonfa bends itself at the grip and the the back blade of the tonfa extends and becomes the new grip.

(I may make an animation for this, so it is completely fine if you did not get any of that).

I just realized that the Kama is a machete weapon, which is stupid.

This weapon can get a Prime version.

Rathskull

Lets give archwing some love too, eh?

This weapon combines the Rathbone with the Onorix, making this weapon great against organic and robotic enemies.

Unlike previous weapons which had complex transformations, this one just extends the bades from the middle when going into axe form.

Also unlike Onorix, this weapon uses actual blades instead of lasers/plasma.

I dont think there will be many archwing related transforming weapons, since there is not allot of them.

Plasma Grama

The Plasma Grama is a combination of the Plasma Sword and the Gram, giving technology some "shocking weight".

The transformation just extends or retracts the sword.

When extending, the sword becomes too big for the plasma to flow and power it, losing the electricity status.

Hmmm, I expected to have more ideas for this weapon....., ill spice it up later.

This weapon can get a Vandal version

Scindoren

Spell the names any way you want......
Scindoren is a combination of the Dual Zoren and the Scindo, those weapons always looked the same.
You just have to look at them and you should already know how the weapon transforms.
In the dual axe form, the handle shortens itself because then its easier to wield.
Thinking of names is not as easy as i thought....

Provaku

The Prova and the Nunchaku combined, John Prodman would be proud.
I know that the Nunchaku isnt even out yet, but when it will, ill be ready.
If you dont know yet, the Nunchaku is a new weapon for the Chinese version of warframe (dont worry, it will be released into the global build with the other chinese exclusive weapons and items too).
When transforming into the Nunchaku form, the prova splits into two parts which a held together with a cable.
I dont know what other Corpus than John Prodman would be more worthy to wield this weapon.

Jaw Skana

This weapon is a combination of the Dual Skana and the Jaw Sword, weird combination, isnt it?

You may be wondering: "Why combine the Dual Skanas with the Jaw sword, wouldnt it just turn two swords into one bad sword?"

No, because the Skana only has one cutting edge, but the Jaw Sword has two.

The Jaw Sword always looked like two swords melted together, like two plants growing around each other.

As loong as the two weapons we combine are different, it should be successful.

Even tho the Skana and the Jaw Sword are both swords, they are wery different swords (the Skana looks more like a katana).

Amphis Kittag

This time I combined the Amphis and Jat Kittag, rocket power FTW.

When switching to the staff form, the tenno takes one half of the rocket and puts it on the opposite end of the staff.

And since the two halfs are not complete rockets, they cant function properly and will probably do electricity damage.

It may look a little bit more bulky than the Amphis, but it still works exactly like it.

Redeemed Ichor

Lets throw some guns into the mix, shall we?

The Redeemer and the Dual Ichor combined, oh joy, bullets!

I wanted to make weapon with the Redeemer sooner, but the unique design of it made it difficult to find a fitting weapon.

Imagine the gunblade form like if the two blades of the Redeemer were replaced with the Dual Ichor, it may be a little smaller, but it still works.

I wish DE would make more gunblades, gimme moar bullets in meh blades!

(Sorry for that, sometimes I get too much into it).

Kratos and Vulcan

I was using the wiki for this one...

Silva and Aegis combined with the Dual Heat Swords, "if life gives you lemons, burn lifes house down".

I was thinking about the name for like a hour, the name of the sword was obvious, but the name of the shield took me a while. I wanted the name of the shield to be of a mythological good of fire with a guardian theme, after some time i said "nah, screw it, ill just use this god of vulcanoes, hot rocks are good shields, i think".

The transformation is similar to how Aegis sheats itself, the flying fragments assemble into a shield or a sword depending on what form youre using.

This is so far the only transforming weapon capable of blocking.

Warframe and Mass Effect music sure does help me craft weapons.

If the heat swords are tenno weapons, then this weapon may get a prime version.

Ether Grave Blade

As requested by inuyasha279, who wanted a scythe sword.

I present to you the Ether Grave Blade, a combination of the Ether Reaper and the Ether Sword, inspired by the Burial Blade from Bloodborne.

The ether weapons look like they are ghost weapons, and we all know what ghosts can do, right? Shape shifting!

So to transform the weapon, it just shapeshifts into the requested form.

I wanted to make the scythe stock be sheated on the back when in the blade form, to make it more like bloodborne, but it just seems like a waste to just put it away and not use it.

So here you got inuyasha279 (weird name...), if you want to change something then let me know, its your weapon.

Sheeviac

For tight spaces and open spaces, i combined the Sheev and the Scoliac.

This weapon gives us a alot of advantages, the Sheev is designed for tight space fighting, and the Scoliac for the opposite.

When transforming, it just extends/retracts the rope.

We need more whip weapons DE, make it happen.

Bonefist

I have been pretty dry on ideas lately..... but lookie here, a new weapon! What? Its an archwing weapon? Dangit....

Well, If life gives you lemons, make lemonade i guess...

Here I combined the Rathbone and the Knux, Regor is not amused.

Use your imagination for the transformation on this one, cause im getting tired...

DE, give us more weapons, I need them!

Special thanks to Culaio for motivationg me to make more ideas.

I will add more weapons and maybe make some changes to this post later.....

Share your opinions and tell me what you think.

Edited by Denny2669

Yeah melee weapons are called trick weapons, all of them possess some kind of alt function, here is  video showing off weapons from bloodborne:

Thank you.
I really did not expect the snake sword to be in that game, I always saw it as a cool weapon which the world just forgot about, good to see that it did not.
But that is kinda exactly like my concept, i guess my ideas are not that special afterall.

Thank you.
I really did not expect the snake sword to be in that game, I always saw it as a cool weapon which the world just forgot about, good to see that it did not.
But that is kinda exactly like my concept, i guess my ideas are not that special afterall.

just because your idea isnt "new" doesnt make your idea any less good, look at bloodborne it also wasnt first one to use transforming weapon idea, but it had some really unique designs of weapons and some less unique ideas(soul calibur had sword whip before bloodborne) , I am really interested what other ideas of weapons you have :), Instead of feeling down that your idea isnt new use bloodborne and other transforming weapons as INSPIRATION and create your own unique designs :). 

Its really  great to see you continue with your ideas  I really like them they are really unique, I must say that  didnt expect archwing weapon idea but I am really happy to see it :).

By the way its not even game creators who created multi-function weapons, people in real life long time ago already tried that, some real life examples:

-Shield with a knife/short sword blade
-Shield with a gun
-Cutlass pistol
-Rapier pistol (single shot, of course)
-King Henry VIII had a gun-mace.
-The Hall flintlock rifle had a breech-loading action which could be removed entirely and used as a somewhat ungainly pistol.
-The Apache revolver. A gun, knife, and knuckleduster all in one!
-The lantern shield. That particular example is a shield, blade, gauntlet and spikes all mashed together in one item. You can also hang a lantern from it.

here are some pics of weapons:
rapier pistol

pistol-sword1.JPG

gun-mace:

tumblr_nfwdhpMFc11qz5q5lo1_500.jpg

Apache revolver

Apache_Pistol_Folding.png

Lanten Shield

laternshield.jpg

20070422214116.gif

Its really  great to see you continue with your ideas  I really like them they are really unique, I must say that  didnt expect archwing weapon idea but I am really happy to see it :).

By the way its not even game creators who created multi-function weapons, people in real life long time ago already tried that, some real life examples:

-Shield with a knife/short sword blade
-Shield with a gun
-Cutlass pistol
-Rapier pistol (single shot, of course)
-King Henry VIII had a gun-mace.
-The Hall flintlock rifle had a breech-loading action which could be removed entirely and used as a somewhat ungainly pistol.
-The Apache revolver. A gun, knife, and knuckleduster all in one!
-The lantern shield. That particular example is a shield, blade, gauntlet and spikes all mashed together in one item. You can also hang a lantern from it.

here are some pics of weapons:
rapier pistol

pistol-sword1.JPG

gun-mace:

tumblr_nfwdhpMFc11qz5q5lo1_500.jpg

Apache revolver

Apache_Pistol_Folding.png

Lanten Shield

laternshield.jpg

20070422214116.gif

I already knew about most of these weapons, but from what i know they were not very practical.

But this is a video game, realism isnt very important.

And also, the concept of my weapons is to quickly switch between them, not to have the functions of both weapons at the same time (that would create a whole new weapon).

And the gun-mace, cutlass pistol and rapier pistol are all gunblades, with the exception of the Apache revolver.

You could make your own transforming weapon, if you want.

Oh, and thank you.

I already knew about most of these weapons, but from what i know they were not very practical.

But this is a video game, realism isnt very important.

And also, the concept of my weapons is to quickly switch between them, not to have the functions of both weapons at the same time (that would create a whole new weapon).

And the gun-mace, cutlass pistol and rapier pistol are all gunblades, with the exception of the Apache revolver.

You could make your own transforming weapon, if you want.

Oh, and thank you.

By the way did you hear about "RWBY" ? its anime-inspired CG-animated web series, it has a lot of interesting weapons that can transform like for example Sniper-Scythe, Large hammer-Granade launcher or Staff-Nunchaku/Shotguns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4REfVDtqo0

I love RWBY series its really worth watching it :)

By the way did you hear about "RWBY" ? its anime-inspired CG-animated web series, it has a lot of interesting weapons that can transform like for example Sniper-Scythe, Large hammer-Granade launcher or Staff-Nunchaku/Shotguns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4REfVDtqo0

I love RWBY series its really worth watching it :)

I actualy dont like anime, but i have to say, this looks interesting.

But im probably not going to watch it.

And its from Rooster Teeth? Thats unexpected...

I actualy dont like anime, but i have to say, this looks interesting.

But im probably not going to watch it.

And its from Rooster Teeth? Thats unexpected...

Its not really anime, it was made in america.

Of course its your choice, but you must agree weapons are pretty badass :).

yeah its from rooster teeth, it was created and directed by animator Monty Oum, who sadly died this year, before he was hired by rooster teeth he also made "dead fantasy" animated fan series, its about final fantasy(and kingdom hearts) characters fighting against characters from dead or alive. 

Monty Oum was AMAZING at making fight animations,

Sorry for double post but I wanted to mention something and no said anything in this topic since my previous post.

There is one weapon that DE is working that would fit really well with transforming  weapons idea: Dual dark sword, it looks kinda like dark sword and dark dagger combined in form similar to dark maul double bladed lightsaber

pics

64820f9f456bda5d561773ef7ca07bf7.png

95c5d6c5b55d5a30f574f1146ae26565.png

sadly info about is kinda confusing, info from offical and unoffical devstream overview:

official overview:

"Both the Dark Sword and Burston will be receiving model upgrades! Check out our final Devstream 53 Overview images below for a quick look into the future" then it showed the pics I showed above.

unoffical:

-New model coming with PBR update

-Will have a holstered position where the handles of the dual version combines
-New stance that involves fighting with the blades combined (Darth Maul)
As you see offical overview only mentions new model while unoffical mentions more stuff, but unoffical kinda makes it sound like dual dark sword will kinda work like transforming weapon: using it as seperate weapons or as combined..

Sorry for double post but I wanted to mention something and no said anything in this topic since my previous post.

There is one weapon that DE is working that would fit really well with transforming  weapons idea: Dual dark sword, it looks kinda like dark sword and dark dagger combined in form similar to dark maul double bladed lightsaber

pics

64820f9f456bda5d561773ef7ca07bf7.png

95c5d6c5b55d5a30f574f1146ae26565.png

sadly info about is kinda confusing, info from offical and unoffical devstream overview:

official overview:

"Both the Dark Sword and Burston will be receiving model upgrades! Check out our final Devstream 53 Overview images below for a quick look into the future" then it showed the pics I showed above.

unoffical:

-New model coming with PBR update

-Will have a holstered position where the handles of the dual version combines
-New stance that involves fighting with the blades combined (Darth Maul)
As you see offical overview only mentions new model while unoffical mentions more stuff, but unoffical kinda makes it sound like dual dark sword will kinda work like transforming weapon: using it as seperate weapons or as combined..

Well, from the unofficial notes i can assume that this is not how my transforming weapons work.

This double-bladed dark sword will have a stance that allows the swords to be combined, so the transformation will depend on the combo rather than on the push of a button.

And we still dont have any double-bladed weapons in the game, that's why I haven't used this idea already.

I'm glad someone else wants dual stance weapons that also transform. The thought of switching back and forth between styles is very appealing ^^

I'd like to see where this thread will go, if you do some art for it (or not), either way looking forward to some interesting ideas.

What about as a disadvantage there two different set of mod slots but they share a capacity? You would have to put a lot more work into each weapon.

Alt. We could have a redeemer set up.

I want a scythe sword. Burial blade is my favorite trick weapon.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

What about as a disadvantage there two different set of mod slots but they share a capacity? You would have to put a lot more work into each weapon.

Alt. We could have a redeemer set up.

I want a scythe sword. Burial blade is my favorite trick weapon.

As you wish:

Ether Grave Blade

As requested by inuyasha279, who wanted a scythe sword.

I present to you the Ether Grave Blade, a combination of the Ether Reaper and the Ether Sword, inspired by the Burial Blade from Bloodborne.

The ether weapons look like they are ghost weapons, and we all know what ghosts can do, right? Shape shifting!

I wanted to make the scythe stock be sheated on the back when in the blade form, to make it more like bloodborne, but it just seems like a waste to just put it away and not use it.

So here you got inuyasha279 (weird name...), if you want to change something then let me know, its your weapon.

Edited by Denny2669

As you wish:

Ether Grave Blade

As requested by inuyasha279, who wanted a scythe sword.

I present to you the Ether Grave Blade, a combination of the Ether Reaper and the Ether Sword, inspired by the Burial Blade from Bloodborne.

It's beautiful a start of a dream where scythes are viable (beside the anku)

Inuyasha is the name of a anime.

By the way "daemonstar" the guy who made AMAZING furion frame design created on his deviant art account some really amazing concepts of bloodborne weapons, some of them are transforming while others not:

Twinblade/Dual blade

bloodborne_fanart___silverlight_weapon_i

Fist/Shield

bloodborne_fanart___bone_of_morius_weapo

Scissors Blade/Twin Scythe

bloodborne_fanart___fleshreaver_weapon_i

Lantern Flail -  its not really a morphing weapon still very cool

bloodborne_fanart___lanternflail_weapon_

Flame Mace- another cool but not exactly morphing weapon

bloodborne_fanart___ignis_weapon_idea_by

Rake/Heavy Flail

bloodborne_fanart___ravenclaw_weapon_ide

Maybe they will inspire you :).

By the way "daemonstar" the guy who made AMAZING furion frame design created on his deviant art account some really amazing concepts of bloodborne weapons, some of them are transforming while others not:

Twinblade/Dual blade

bloodborne_fanart___silverlight_weapon_i

Fist/Shield

bloodborne_fanart___bone_of_morius_weapo

Scissors Blade/Twin Scythe

bloodborne_fanart___fleshreaver_weapon_i

Lantern Flail -  its not really a morphing weapon still very cool

bloodborne_fanart___lanternflail_weapon_

Flame Mace- another cool but not exactly morphing weapon

bloodborne_fanart___ignis_weapon_idea_by

Rake/Heavy Flail

bloodborne_fanart___ravenclaw_weapon_ide

Maybe they will inspire you :).

The guy who made those concepts has some amazing talent.

i hope these get into the next souls game...

But the only thing that will inspire me to do more weapons is more official weapons from the game itself.

Im allready running out of ideas, and i dont want to make similiar weapons.

There are no double-bladed swords, flails, scissors or single fist weapons in Warframe, even tho i would realy like some.