Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Flaw: Need Quick Melee Slam/dive

Zareek

Greetings

First of all, I'm not posting this in the megathread. Why? Well let's say for the sake of argument that a megathread has 55 pages, and your single post ends up in the middle of 45. I highly doubt anyone from DE reads megathreads from start to finish. So everything you write will be 100% neglected, making your post wasted. I'd rather risk a warning point than taking my time to write something I feel is important, and DE will never have a chance to read it.

On to the topic

I'm enjoying Parkour 2.0 a lot. Despite the fact it took some time to get used to, I don't really feel it's that bad. However, I personally see 1 big flaw according to my own personal experience:

The momentum is so great that aiming for certain spots while airborn is EXTREMELY difficult

So what do I suggest? 1 simple thing: A control for melee slam/dive. Yes we already have access to that mechanic by looking downwards and hit melee. But if you are going high speed and trying to keep an overview while flying around, it's pretty hard /anoying to make to look down and then click melee. I think having a button for a quick dive or melee slam is going to make it easier to aim for certain locations

What do the rest of you think?

Zareek

You mean kinda like Zephyr's dive bomb? 

shure, CTRL + E while in midair maybe? 

They have to be careful not to give every frame a dive bomb. The thing I'm requesting is a move we can use to strategicly move about more precisely. At the moment, if you have too much momentum, you will keep flying past your aiming point in many cases.

Honestly it would be nice to have a dedicated button or combination of buttons to initiate a melee-slam. But I personally don't need it. I don't know if this is too obvious so that I'm being an &#!, but have you tried upping your mouse sensitivity so you can quickly aim at the ground and melee? I play every game with hyper-sensitivity, and I think that's what allows me to do the slam easily.

Also what the above player said, DE must be careful to not add a dive-bomb like ability for every Warframe to have.

Honestly it would be nice to have a dedicated button or combination of buttons to initiate a melee-slam. But I personally don't need it. I don't know if this is too obvious so that I'm being an !, but have you tried upping your mouse sensitivity so you can quickly aim at the ground and melee? I play every game with hyper-sensitivity, and I think that's what allows me to do the slam easily.

Also what the above player said, DE must be careful to not add a dive-bomb like ability for every Warframe to have.

I wrote that myself haha. I play with a sensitivity perfect for my taste. I can't play with more or less. I think melee slam is perfect for melee use. My "issue" here is how much velocity the parkour moves has. It makes it difficult to aim for certain locations while you are moving at high speed. I admit that the majority of time, the parkour system is fine enough as it is, and I can get to where I want. But sometimes I find myself flying over the desired location at high speed, with no time to slam down and land. 

Having a parkour move that allows us to land while on the move would make that much easier to deal with. 

Parkour 2.0 is fantastic, but in my opinion only the skeleton of possibilities it has opened. We have VERY few moves. granted those moves are extremely useful when utilized correctly, but the tilesets are all different, with many different scenarios for different parkour movements. We need more moves to handle different situations to make the system run even more smooth.

There is a new mod to increase the range of the slam attack...not to mention heavy landing mod...and zephyr would lose her purpose as a frame...I think things are very good as they are right now...some melee weapons even have a massive range on slam attack...

There is a new mod to increase the range of the slam attack...not to mention heavy landing mod...and zephyr would lose her purpose as a frame...I think things are very good as they are right now...some melee weapons even have a massive range on slam attack...

I don't think you even remotely read my thread. But I'll throw you a bone.

The thread is about adding a parkour movement or a hotkey for melee slam, so while we are on the move in the air, we can land and more precisely get to where we want to go.

Ahh yes, you can really get some good momentum going and I see what you mean now. I find that zooming in slows me down enough to steady shots and arial assaults. But I do seem to go a little too fast sometimes, hahaha.

And I do agree that we have just a few key moves while with the new system we could have so much more. And I would like to see more as well. c: