Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mid Range Life Strike Build ?

ubermorph18

Question

So i am looking for a good life strike weapon that can be used from a distance to regain my health.

suggetsions:
-Glaive prime
-The redeemer
-Dragon nikana? (not rank 8 yet)    

I am currently testing glaive prime, but the damage is not super impressive at the moment, im still testing builds.
In case you think a weapon with a syndicate mod is better (furis) let me know why.
Any build/weapon suggestions?

Warframe = Mesa

Edited by ubermorph18

7 answers to this question

Well i made a build in wich you can heal your life back with one channled hit. The redeemer and Glaive prime are both able to do this. I could test other weapons in the future, but this will do for now. Thank you guys for the help.  

If you're just looking for something to get your health back up

I really recommend the Furis with the Syndicate mod(Winds of Purity) +0.2 lifesteal (20% of your dmg)...

You gain you life from 50 or so back to full within 1 mag

Edited by Hypopheralcus

Glaive won't work for that, it explodes when you channel, and likes to instantly explode in your face when you channel and throw it. The combo other wise is decent and hit and aoe around you while being easy to perform.

Redeemer is pretty combo-reliant for it's range. Not sure how it fairs.

Dragon nikana doesn't have too much range. While it may be strong, it's kind of slow.. even with mods.

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Jat Kittag. Pretty solid weapon with a decent reach to it. If you want more range you can always throw in reach instead of the listed mods below. It can very easily CC with ground slams or the easy combo from Crushing Ruin stance, which can be helpful to save yourself from taking heavy damage in crowds.

Give it life Strike,

Pressure Point,

Berserker,

True Steel,

Rare +Impact% mod of choice; Primed Heavy Trauma is top, then Collision Force, then Heavy Trauma. If none of these are available, Smite(Faction) is a good option.

Then last two slots are for elementals. 

Personally, I run this w/ Valkyr, so it may be a bit slower for other frames, volt aside. Personally, I don't think Mesa should ever really try to melee. While there is a build around it, she's unreliable to use for it because only her 3rd power is useful. Valkyr, Excal, Saryn and Volt work better for melee builds in general.

Glaive won't work for that, it explodes when you channel, and likes to instantly explode in your face when you channel and throw it. The combo other wise is decent and hit and aoe around you while being easy to perform.

Redeemer is pretty combo-reliant for it's range. Not sure how it fairs.

Dragon nikana doesn't have too much range. While it may be strong, it's kind of slow.. even with mods.

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Jat Kittag. Pretty solid weapon with a decent reach to it. If you want more range you can always throw in reach instead of the listed mods below. It can very easily CC with ground slams or the easy combo from Crushing Ruin stance, which can be helpful to save yourself from taking heavy damage in crowds.

Give it life Strike,

Pressure Point,

Berserker,

True Steel,

Rare +Impact% mod of choice; Primed Heavy Trauma is top, then Collision Force, then Heavy Trauma. If none of these are available, Smite(Faction) is a good option.

Then last two slots are for elementals. 

Personally, I run this w/ Valkyr, so it may be a bit slower for other frames, volt aside. Personally, I don't think Mesa should ever really try to melee. While there is a build around it, she's unreliable to use for it because only her 3rd power is useful. Valkyr, Excal, Saryn and Volt work better for melee builds in general.

I am not looking for a melee only build. i dont use melee that much and i think having a weapon that regens my hp gives me a reason to use melee at all. But thank you for the tips.

Edited by ubermorph18

well my build for life strike is:

prisma dual cleaver

equiped mod:

prime reach

berserker

true steel

organ shater

life strike

2 element.

reasons:

it has 40% crit and greatly benefited with berserker.

prime range just to make the range longer.

crit x 5.7

it has decent damage aspd and life drain xd

well. with the new double jump and bullet jump, it is much easier you jump in with melee than range throw glaive.

This is because once u tossed ur glaive you are vulnerable.

Glaive in my opinion has few massive flaw.

1. It is not homing -> its flight speed will affect the miss.

2. increase the bounce -> can deal damage to lots of enemy but leave u vulnerable ( no melee to block)

3. shorten the bounce -> it come back faster but cant cc.

thats why i dont suggest you use glaive.

Dakra Prime is the best weapon for restoring healing in a single hit, but the range isn't great. The throwing weapons work, but like Ruby_Rose_ pointed out, they explode when channeled so you have to get the timing right.

Redeemer is probably your best option. Although I also recommend the Furis.