Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Is Our Mission Really? (Slight Natah Spoiler)

Hypernaut1

With the revelation about the Lotus true identity, it makes me wonder if she is truly concerned about "balance" in the solar system. Are we really fighting for a purpose or is Lotus just "feeding" our hunger? The same way a person would give a captive lion live prey to hunt because of its nature, does the Lotus send us on missions to kill JUST because we are warrior Tenno and were bred for that purpose? Because thats all the Tenno know?

Im not saying she is evil, or using us for her own selfish reasons. i believe she does care deeply for the Tenno, i just feel that maybe this mission to "save the solar system" is really a front for her feeding our warrior nature. Maybe she believes that without killing, Tenno would feel lost.

Its an almost twisted mother/child story in a way, but it also makes perfect sense to me now . By balance, she means making sure no side wins so there is always conflict. She is trying to give tenno purpose. 

Maybe she does care about the solar system, but i do feel that part of what we do may just be to keep us occupied and to give us purpose. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

I thought this was going to be one of those "Lotus is evil confirmed" kinda threads, but I like your view point on this.

I think without being warriors, the Tenno would feel lost, however I can understand why just giving Tenno something to do is not going to be the best thing.

DE has stated that Lotus is good and has good intentions, but maintaining balance so that the Tenno do not feel lost is good for the Tenno. Hmmmm

Many thoughts.

Counter argument. You can do Spy, Sabotage and Mobile defense missions without hurting a thing but it'd be difficult.

I believe by balance is that one side isn't significantly stronger than the other.

Your second paragraph is fairly interesting her being our space mom and all. Guess she wants us to constantly feel useful.

we went to sleep, were supposed to die but the Lotus didn't kill us instead we slept for a long time and a new threat opposed our safety Corpus/Grineer. She woke us up to help save ourselves from death. Initially the Tenno were trying to fend for ourselves but now we're finally capable standing our ground.

At this point we are more than capable of complete domination... Wonder why it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's because our numbers are high but not high enough.

"It is our duty, as Tenno, to protect the Origin System. Whatever the cost." This is my motivation.

The Lotus deeply cares for us Tenno. We destabilized the System by wiping out the Orokin. But the Lotus could relate to us. She cared for us little minions, now without a purpose. The Grineer and Corpus are what is left of the Orokin. They try to reclaim what they once knew.

We're responsible for this mess. And we're the only ones able to fix the System's problems. Now if only certain Tenno would be ready.

AGAIN there's the idea that "balance is always conflict", is balance not a means to "whiddling down both sides so that one can't grow in power while you focus on the other"? Focusing your entire force on one threat leaves so many flanks open to be attacked.

AGAIN there's the idea that "balance is always conflict", 

I heard some quote, don't remember where, but it was something like "people don't understand there isn't a difference between keeping peace, and causing chaos." I feel like I butchered the original quote, but yeah, same idea.

Mommy gives me things to kill so I can feed my hunger! <3

Maybe she knows that we're so dangerous that if not given a guided purpose we will begin to lash out and become the greatest threat in the system.

A hungry Lion is a very dangerous beast.

Maybe she knows that we're so dangerous that if not given a guided purpose we will begin to lash out and become the greatest threat in the system.

A hungry Lion is a very dangerous beast.

I think I'd love her even more if that were the case xD

I would have been happier if you used 'A hungry grizzly' :P

Well I mean, without us keeping the "balance" , one with break (Grineer probably will win, and as the Grineer empire now, they're killing and harassing anyone who isn't Grineer), probably will be like the Orokin Empire all over again, with less shiny gold and more ugly faces. Actually I take that back, the Infested will win, similar to the situation where a side stays hidden and let the other 2 factions kicked each other's ! until one lost and left the other side heavily damaged and then the hidden faction just shows up and eradicate the rest of the other faction and takes control. Without us killing Lephantis, the Infested would have grow much stronger.

What you said makes perfect sense and maybe it is one of the reason, but I believe true balance is the main reason.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

I posted in another thread. "How can you trust a traitor". Then I kinda started opening up to the lotus (im an Ordus guy).

After this last quest the Lotus did what she did because... (see quest no spoilers) but now its at the point where we ARE her children and she will do what ever it takes to feed us in any way we need feeding. She gave up EVERYTHING for us, and a mothers love is a mothers love...

ARE the tenno the real threat? And does the Lotus love us to much? Even blindly?

Edited by FunkadelicMayhem