Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer's New Backpack Is The Op Shield

aerosoul1337

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blunt

This thing is somewhat OP. (I mean the backpack itself, not the activated object)

It can not be damaged by any weapon.

It can not be disarmed. (unlike shield lancer's shield)

It cannot be punch-through.

I didn't get annoyed until I saw almost everyone has one on their back in certain maps.

So... everyone's back is the best shield...O.o?

Activated one can be destroyed though.

But for some reason they just don't activate it, just use it for "passive" back guard.

Edit:

OK I did some further test.

This is my theory:

It is invulnerable but can be punch-through, but sometimes it is glitched and punch-through won't work.

Shoot at it doesn't even pop any number.

Then I use drakgoon full charge (2m punch-through), all pellets are reflected! Most shocked moment ever (I don't have the screenshot tho...)

Not sure what causes this.

I appreciate If you can share your experiences. :)

Edit2:

OK, I am sure Drakgoon's punch-through does not work against the backpack.

All pellets reflect no matter how much charge you did.

Drakgoon's innate bounce effect overwrite punch-through in this case.

This doesn't make sense, invulnerable backpack is much stronger than the mounted shield.

Good thing is drakgoon has enough pellets and spread to hit grineer's @ss.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Not all Grineer use this. I think that only Elite Lancers should be able to carry it, and not 100% of them either. For lower levels without Elite Lancers, it would be a nice thing for Heavies to carry.

I like it, and when I noticed that it is a perfect back shield that could not be damaged, I was kinda happy. It makes people actually have to AIM. Ya, cool thing I know.

Having to focus more on some enemies is a good thing in my opinion. It takes away from the total mass slaughter sometimes.

OK I did some further test.

It should be able to damaged/punch-through, but sometimes it is glitched and all those backpacks will be invulnerable during the whole mission.

Shoot at it doesn't even pop any visual effect.

Then I use drakgoon full charge (2m punch-through), all pellets are reflected!

Not sure what causes this.

Not all Grineer use this. I think that only Elite Lancers should be able to carry it, and not 100% of them either. For lower levels without Elite Lancers, it would be a nice thing for Heavies to carry.

I like it, and when I noticed that it is a perfect back shield that could not be damaged, I was kinda happy. It makes people actually have to AIM. Ya, cool thing I know.

Having to focus more on some enemies is a good thing in my opinion. It takes away from the total mass slaughter sometimes.

I have seen Lancers, Elite lancers, Troopers and Seekers using that.

I believe there are more.

So when you encounter this, it's invulnerable to you too?

Kinda weird, sometimes they can be damaged/punch-through, sometimes they are invulnerable during the whole mission.

More test~

Point Blank Shot on target 1, full charge Dread: Arrow was deflected

2dl6440.jpg

Point Blank Shot on target 2, full charge Dread: Arrow was deflected

This picture was taken a little slower after I shot, but I swear it was a perfect hit. (as you can see there are some fading splash effect caused by the arrow collision.)

nmeucx.jpg

Well let's try again...

Point Blank Shot on target 2, full charge Dread...

2vw5k69.jpg

WTF, punch-through worked...

34skkeb.jpg

I am more confused now.

Edited by aerosoul1337

More test~

I am more confused now.

Hypothesis:

Could be the 'uninflated' blunt counts as a functioning blunt that soaks hp to a degree.

Your third shot drained the last of the blunt's hp, hence punch thru worked and killed the unit.

Edited by ligonare

Hypothesis:

Could be the 'uninflated' blunt counts as a functioning blunt that soaks hp to a degree.

Your third shot drained the last of the blunt's hp, hence punch thru worked and killed the unit.

Then it absorbs way too much damage xD

My drakgoon has 6 forma, full charge can deal 45k+ damage without critical...

nah I like the shield. personally I think it's hilarious that they have a blow-up cover, lol.

My question is: why are you shooting so many grineer in the back o.0

also unlike the shield lancer, it doesn't cover their whole back, so it's fine.

It's good that we can't shoot through it. I always hated that we can shoot through the Grineer shields. I think it's fine that there is a troop where you actually have to aim rather than just generally point in the right direction and then [soup].

OK, I am sure Drakgoon's punch-through sometimes does not work against the backpack.

All pellets reflect no matter how much charge you did.

Drakgoon's innate bounce effect overwrite punch-through in this case.

It seems if this glitch happens, it will last for the entire mission for all the backpacks.

This feels wrong, Drakgoon charge can punch-through shield lancer's shield, but not the backpack.

But the mounted blunt can be 1 shot by Drakgoon.

This doesn't make sense, invulnerable backpack is much stronger than the mounted shield.

Good thing is drakgoon has enough pellets and spread to hit grineer's @ss.

I think it still needs a fix though.

Edited by aerosoul1337

nah I like the shield. personally I think it's hilarious that they have a blow-up cover, lol.

My question is: why are you shooting so many grineer in the back o.0

Err, the desire of knowing the truth?

When I see full charged drakgoon's 22 pellets are completely reflected, I am pretty shocked.

Then I start trying a lot of things. xD

It can block certain warframe ability as well. (something like shuriken)