General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

I Think I Broke The Vectis. . .

5DollarDongLong

*Note: I use Clip and Magazine interchangeably throughout this so ignore my lack of gun terminology*

So as I was curious about how negative magazine capacity would affect guns, the natural response was to see how low you could go. Standard Vectis has a clip size of 1. With the new corrupted mod, Depleted Reload, in mind I maxed and equipped it. The result was hilarious and possibly amazing. The result was a clip size of 0. I thought that perhaps wasn't possible but oh was I wrong. Upon entering a mission to test this out, I noticed that my magazine size was not listed. What was listed was similar to how ammo for Bows are listed, a number. Next, I started shooting. To my pleasant surprise, there was no reload. It was straight fire as if the entire ammo supply was my clip . . . 72 shots. No reload required. Now because there is no clip I was unsure if the mod Charged Chamber still works, but that will require more testing.

Let me know your thoughts on this because I found it all too amusing.

It doesn't break the game, actually. After some testing, the vectis loses primed/charged chamber benefits when operating at 0 ammo/clip. Also, it makes you reliant once again on fire rate over reload speed. It changes the mechanics, but doesn't break them.

It doesn't break the game, actually. After some testing, the vectis loses primed/charged chamber benefits when operating at 0 ammo/clip. Also, it makes you reliant once again on fire rate over reload speed. It changes the mechanics, but doesn't break them.

Well that's sorta good to hear. I was half hoping it would be infinite shots of charged chamber without reload.

Well that's sorta good to hear. I was half hoping it would be infinite shots of charged chamber without reload.

That would demand a nerf, I think. As it is now, however, we have a pseudo assault-sniper. I was always a fairly good hand at it, especially the hipshots, and now i'm given a different playstyle choice. I love it.

That would demand a nerf, I think. As it is now, however, we have a pseudo assault-sniper. I was always a fairly good hand at it, especially the hipshots, and now i'm given a different playstyle choice. I love it.

Honestly, if it would have work, I don't think it would have deserve a nerf. This would have been far from over power actually =/

Hmm, the fact it doesn't give chamber buff really does make me hope it won't get changed, tough to say though. Doesn't sound like broken too good, anyways.

ok...this..might need a fix after all...LMAO

While wow, that is an impressive video, considering that's taking up 3 slots for fire rate mods, one for reload, and one of those 3 fire rate mods reduces your base damage, I think it's probably okay. We'll see though.
Edited by NearoC

Hmm, the fact it doesn't give chamber buff really does make me hope it won't get changed, tough to say though. Doesn't sound like broken too good, anyways.

While wow, that is an impressive video, considering that's taking up 3 slots for fire rate mods, one for reload, and one of those 3 fire rate mods reduces your base damage, I think it's probably okay. We'll see though.

I used four mod slots to increase the fire rate to that. It takes up a lot of space and sacrifices all elemental mods. Edited by jrainbowfist

true, the damage must be low o.o; Hope it don't get fix then, is just fun to do.