Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Meta For Exalted Blade?

tinyranitar

RHFrkf9.jpg

Coverth Lethality does shows bonus damage, and it works even better than pressure points and Spoiled Strike.

Evidences as below.

Evidences:

Covert Lethality and an Elemental Mod:

lozjcE7.jpg

Pressure Point and an Elemental Mod:

7mFXYhh.jpg

For further information, I do further testing to see if Covert Lethality applies its damage before or after Base damage increase of Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike (which is known as the last applied before Covert Lethality shows up) and this shows:

For Spoiled Strike and Pressure Point and an elemental mod, the formula is as below

First, the total damage before bonus damage increase:

50x (0.9+1) = 95 Gas damage (0.9 is the 90% elemental mod, 1 is the base damage)

And then apply pressure point and spoiled strike

95x (1.2+1+1) = 304 (pressure point is 1.2, Spoiled and Base damage is 1)

Evidence:

PbchWyj.jpg

But it seems that Covert Lethality has even an lower priority to calculate, even after Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike come to damage calculation.

For Spoiled Strike and Covert Lethality, the formula is as below

First applying elemental bonuses:

50x (0.9+1) = 95 Gas damage (0.9 is the 90% elemental mod, 1 is the base damage)

Then apply base damage increase from Spoiled Strike

95x (1+1) = 190

THEN the game applied Covert Lethality damage

190x (1+1) = 380 

As shown in

M3UXwnV.jpg

So, we all know

Covert Lethality bonus damage is superior to known syndicate mods, pressure point and Spoiled strike

Dagger master race. 

Edited by tinyranitar

Well I overexaggerated, I mean that for melee users you pretty much don't need to bother when someone with Exalted Blade comes in. 

I am a lazy person, I love it when someone put like 3 formas on his prisma skana and did all the work while I reap all the loot without having to do anything.

I am a lazy person, I love it when someone put like 3 formas on his prisma skana and did all the work while I reap all the loot without having to do anything.

I prefer being able to do something with my melee. I don't hate the ability nor do I really want it changed at all, just kind of a bummer.

I prefer being able to do something with my melee. I don't hate the ability nor do I really want it changed at all, just kind of a bummer.

I know you want to show off that Nikana skin too, I know bro...

But we aren't here to talk about that are we?

Does Covert Lethality affects Exalted Blade?

Edited by tinyranitar

Dark Dagger seems a better weapon for dedicated Covert Lethality Exalted Blade weapon than Karyst. True, it's syndicate mod isn't super useful, but it's still an option.

Modding for Viral on a Dark Dagger does help with Gleaming Blight. But I prefer raw damage and I don't seems to find a slot for Gleaming Blight.

P/s: tfw Ash Primes is derailing your thread and potentially gonna get this locked.

Edited by tinyranitar

This

I feel that this use of syndicate effects just isnt what its for.

I think the best use is to sustain melee combat, by keeping your health topped off. Its what lets me survive endgame content, and the concept itself is really baddass:

1. Go a Tennoin'

2. Get Hurt

3. in a fit of rage, kill as many enemies as you possibly can so you can either:

4a. Get healed and return to step 1

4b. get downed and go pew-pew-pew-pew

To answer some questions:

- Covert lethality does not increase damage by 100%, it increases damage by 100. No percent. Just +100 damage, not affected by other mods.

- The always lethal damage triggers off all damage dealt via melee to a target that is stunned, which includes both radial blind and exalted blind.

Tested on a level 100 behemoth juggernaut via DoT.

As a side note, covert lethality itself on the Karyst has some interesting effects, separately to pressure point/spoiled strike, covert lethality will multiply all elemental damage threefold.

I honestly just give up on melee when I see an excal on my team, because Exalted Blade just rekts everything

I hear that. I love my new excal but lately I try to lean off the endless EB and stick to my Dread and Radial Blind, only pulling it out on bosses or when things get rough. I know how boring it is to be playing with endless Peacemaker or Exalted Blade. =/

To answer some questions:

- Covert lethality does not increase damage by 100%, it increases damage by 100. No percent. Just +100 damage, not affected by other mods.

- The always lethal damage triggers off all damage dealt via melee to a target that is stunned, which includes both radial blind and exalted blind.

Tested on a level 100 behemoth juggernaut via DoT.

As a side note, covert lethality itself on the Karyst has some interesting effects, separately to pressure point/spoiled strike, covert lethality will multiply all elemental damage threefold.

No actually

Evidences:

Covert Lethality and an Elemental Mod:

lozjcE7.jpg

Pressure Point and an Elemental Mod:

7mFXYhh.jpg

For further information, I do further testing to see if Covert Lethality applies its damage before or after Base damage increase of Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike (which is known as the last applied before Covert Lethality shows up) and this shows:

For Spoiled Strike and Pressure Point and an elemental mod, the formula is as below

First, the total damage before bonus damage increase:

And then apply pressure point and spoiled strike

95x (1.2+1+1) = 304 (pressure point is 1.2, Spoiled and Base damage is 1)

Evidence:

PbchWyj.jpg

But it seems that Covert Lethality has even an lower priority to calculate, even after Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike come to damage calculation.

For Spoiled Strike and Covert Lethality, the formula is as below

First applying elemental bonuses:

Then apply base damage increase from Spoiled Strike

95x (1+1) = 190

THEN the game applied Covert Lethality damage

190x (1+1) = 380 

As shown in

M3UXwnV.jpg

So, we all know

Covert Lethality bonus damage is superior to known syndicate mods, pressure point and Spoiled strike

Dagger master race. Gonna copy paste this into OP.

Edited by tinyranitar