Harpak: New Favorite Weapon

Zareek

Greetings!

Disclaimer: This is all subjective, and only represent my personal opinion

I've always been a part of the minority when it comes to weapon selections, at least I'd like to think so. Tiberon has been my favorite weapon for a long time. A part of me like to use something not everyone else use, is it good or bad? I'll let you decide.

Anyways, I picked up Harpak's blueprint and rushed it. The design got my attention and rightfully so. It looks gorgeous. I don't really like the general weapon theme DE is going for. I consider most weapons quite boring looking, and the worst of them all, are what I call "handle weapons". It's basically weapons that does not get any support by your shoulder and/or other hand. You just hold the weapon straight out in a handle, which looks REALLY dumb to me. Examples:

- Penta

- Tetra

- Amprex

- Drakgoon

- Quanta

The regular Burston and Braton has always had my favorite designs. They look futuristic, but keeps a somewhat standard weapon look as we know it. If it has to be over the top hi-fi design, Opticor is a great example on how to do it right!

But i digress (a lot). Harpak has a very smooth look, and although it resembles a grineer design, I find it to have a somewhat neutral design in regards to the current factions. This means that those who cares about design and costumization have more freedom.

As far as its performance, I couldn't be happier. This weapon has decent fire rate and good reload speed, meaning we don't need to use utility mods to use this weapon to a decent extend. It's a crit friendly weapon, has pretty good damage, and although it has a medium-ish recoil, it's still pretty precise.

Lastly, the projectiles and the sound of this weapon is so damn enjoyable. I get a jolt of excitement everytime I hear this thing go off, and impale grineer in the face.

I rarely get excited about new weapons, especially in Warframe (no offense), but I just love this weapon so much. I'm currently on my 2nd forma, and I might go for a 4-5 forma build with this baby.

Thanks for a fantastic weapon DE

Zareek

I do kinda wish the grapple on both the Harpak and Paracyst was a bit less cumbersome and situational. Like remove the charge time so you can fire it on the fly, and make it deal a substantial amount of damage so it's basically a mini-sniper with a ragdoll bonus. Otherwise I can't complain, both guns are alright for what they are, but I do agree that the Harpak looks and feels pretty good.

I do kinda wish the grapple on both the Harpak and Paracyst was a bit less cumbersome and situational. Like remove the charge time so you can fire it on the fly, and make it deal a substantial amount of damage so it's basically a mini-sniper with a ragdoll bonus. Otherwise I can't complain, both guns are alright for what they are, but I do agree that the Harpak looks and feels pretty good.

I was going to include my point of view on the secondary, but honestly, I havent even used it once. I forgot to set secondary to a hotkey.

My mod: Sarration, split champer, shred, vital scene, point strike, high voltage, malignant force, rime round.

Mine: Serration, split chamber, shred, vital sense, high voltage,termite rounds, Point strike. Lastly Im not sure if I want to use hammer shot or piercing caliber! Still need forma to open more possibilities.

Same. I've kinda always wanted a harpoon gun, and Paracyst is just ugly, and its Grineer aesthetics just get me. Admittedly, I was kinda disappointed when I discovered that it's a burst gun, contrary to its description being an "automatic harpoon gun". Nevertheless it's enjoyable so far. Though I wish it had a heavier, punchier sound.

It's a good gun but that's the end of it. I felt like the alternate fire is not even rewarding to use. Wouldn't it be a lot better if the alternate fire shoots out a bigass spear and that spear drills into the enemy, bleeding them down ? 2 argon is a bit too expensive for a remodelled paracyst.