Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Allow Us To Replay Quests Already.

BloodKitten

there are a few quests i would like to replay, and possibly record, but for some reason, they still dont have a replay option.

i would also like to replay some of them in order to get missing scans, or just help friends (example, let them scan drons in natah quest part 1 on earth)

so DE, can you please add a replay option? im sure its not that hard to make the game not give us the quest reward on a replay if that  was your issue.

Additionally, changes keep being made to Vor's prize quest, with U17 completely replacing a mission in it, along with new transmissions. I would like to play that mission, but literally the only way to do so is to create a new account.

And yes, the fact that quest missions need to be played through multiple times to complete codex entries is obnoxious as well. Especially since some of these things didn't even HAVE codex entries when they came out, and/or are at points where you can't expect someone to even know about codex scanning (Darvo is a big offender here, being found only in the third mission of Vor's Prize, which is literally right after the market and multiplayer is unlocked).

But then we could replay the Natah quest over and over for free Exilus slots. Also aren't their quests that give potatoes?

there are a few quests i would like to replay, and possibly record, but for some reason, they still dont have a replay option.

i would also like to replay some of them in order to get missing scans, or just help friends (example, let them scan drons in natah quest part 1 on earth)

so DE, can you please add a replay option? im sure its not that hard to make the game not give us the quest reward on a replay if that  was your issue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by BloodKitten

Additionally, changes keep being made to Vor's prize quest, with U17 completely replacing a mission in it, along with new transmissions. I would like to play that mission, but literally the only way to do so is to create a new account.

And yes, the fact that quest missions need to be played through multiple times to complete codex entries is obnoxious as well. Especially since some of these things didn't even HAVE codex entries when they came out, and/or are at points where you can't expect someone to even know about codex scanning (Darvo is a big offender here, being found only in the third mission of Vor's Prize, which is literally right after the market and multiplayer is unlocked).

^ This.

Which is why I was so happy to note that a bunch of quest creatures had their #/# scans reduced, such as Maroo becoming 1/1.

But then we could replay the Natah quest over and over for free Exilus slots. Also aren't their quests that give potatoes?

Never mind that replaying quest for free slots would actually be an actual good, grind free and reasonable way to obtain stuff.

But then they could simply limit rewards to 1 per account with few lines of code.

Edited by Davoodoo

I never had a quest award me a potato. Did i get scammed?

I like to help noobs with vors prize so i can get extra damaged mods. I like to troll people with them in trades (when they give me free things).....

A few people sold Mirage and then had to buy her with plat as you can't repeat the quest....

I'd love to re-play Vor's prize without making a new account. I'd love to see how they changed it in u17...

+1

I guess now we might even have enough content to make a "single-player-campaign-thing", especially since the lore in Hidden Messages, Stolen Dreams and Natah.

I mean, It sure would be nice to replay these quests ... Gosh, I for one am procrastinating the start of "Hidden Messages" myself 'cause I won't be able to play it again (yeah, I'm weird that way ...)

So, please, please DE, let us replay the quests!

Could even have some simulacrum thingy that stores 'memories' of quests n things to provide a fluffy way of replaying them with no rewards.

Might even let some of the newer players experience the events they missed.

There have been a lot of games in which I wish I could go back and replay things, like Saint's Row the Third, I had a million save files that were right before each of my favourite parts of the game so I could replay 'em.

Or..or...OR LIMIT THE REWARDS TO ONE TIME ONLY. Do you not understand somewant to replay Quests just for the experience (not XP, the literal experience)? This feature will be for those people only.

I definitely would like this feature mainly because of Natah, The New Strange, and a little bit of Vor's Prize. The thing with Vor's Prize is that it's not even in my codex. If they add this feature, I hope to god they don't miss the fact Vor's Prize is not in any player's inventory who did not play the prologue on launch of U14.

Edited by LazerSkink

• 4 months later...

Don't know if thread necro'ing is really terrible in this community, but I'd like this feature (and I guess a new post speaks more than upvote). I don't care about the rewards.I wanted to make a recording of the Second Dream quest, but the only thing that can be replayed is the intro cinematic.

(Which actually in the Codex, I pressed "View Cinematic", before pressing start without knowing start would just start the same cinematic also.)

I can't accompany someone who hasn't done the quest before because I wouldn't be able to record the transmissions done in the Liset and there's Solo only parts of the quest line.

So the only option is make a new account and re-do everything leading up to the quest. Considering releveling equipment and mods, it's quite the long time for something rather simple.

Other than the effort, I'd hate for it to turn out that the reason to not implement this feature is to boost active member statistics for whatever investor meetings, etc. There's my pessimistic thought of the day.

Edited by Hydris