Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They Best Way To Eliminate The Side Effects Of Snow Globe

aerosoul1337

After these days of play, I want to add some more feedback about Frost's snow Globe.

I want to start a new thread because this is a specific problem that has crucial side effects.

The most important skill - snow globe still can be a trouble, you can not destroy it.

You'd better not place globe at bad position otherwise you have to cast 4 more to overwrite it.

The fancy new function - "push frozen enemies back and shatter them" is so sweet.

However you have to worry about every cast of globe... if its location is good?

Will it block allies' shot?

How many globes did I create?

How many globes are still "ALIVE"?

How many more cast should I do to overwrite the bad one?

In the end, the good chance to push and shatter enemies is probably not at good position.

Too much to concern...

So I think we don't think about new function to "destroy" globes...

Instead...

I can only think of 1 way to eliminate all these side effects once and for all:

Globe does NOT block friendly fire at all.

Or you could have gameplay mechanics that actually require thought and planning instead of being completely braindead with no downsides at all.

Your teammate could be...  braindead or trolling...

It is what I call side effect.

You are not always soloing.

You mean we have a powerful ability with tangible downsides? Well color me impressed. Snowglobe is perfectly fine as it is abilities should have you think before you use them, Snowglobe is a good example of such.

Your teammate could be...  braindead or trolling...

It is what I call side effect.

You are not always soloing.

And even with a duration they can still troll with it.

not liking the new sno globe it's $&*&*#(%& and the old one with its duration timer is much better and shouldn't have been touched.

Its not New, its old.

Snow globe used to be as it is now, no duration, but with infinite amounts of them. It caused issues, so was changed to have a Duration. It's now been changed back, and is having the same issues all over again.

Its not New, its old.

Snow globe used to be as it is now, no duration, but with infinite amounts of them. It caused issues, so was changed to have a Duration. It's now been changed back, and is having the same issues all over again.

It helps if you actually know what you're talking about.

Snowglobe no longer has a duration. Snowglobe has a limit of four (as soon as you cast a fifth, the first disappears). Snowglobe still has health.

You mean we have a powerful ability with tangible downsides? Well color me impressed. Snowglobe is perfectly fine as it is abilities should have you think before you use them, Snowglobe is a good example of such.

And even with a duration they can still troll with it.

Yes you can troll anyway.

You can just let host migration kill the whole team... not even need to cast a skill.

But currently I encounter a lot more frost that casts globe at bad locations now...

But I don't think they are really trolling, they are just... not that thoughtful...

Edited by aerosoul1337

After these days of play, I want to add some more feedback about Frost's snow Globe.

I want to start a new thread because this is a specific problem that has crucial side effects.

The most important skill - snow globe still can be a trouble, you can not destroy it.

You'd better not place globe at bad position otherwise you have to cast 4 more to overwrite it.

The fancy new function - "push frozen enemies back and shatter them" is so sweet.

However you have to worry about every cast of globe... if its location is good?

Will it block allies' shot?

How many globes did I create?

How many globes are still "ALIVE"?

How many more cast should I do to overwrite the bad one?

In the end, the good chance to push and shatter enemies is probably not at good position.

Too much to concern...

So I think we don't think about new function to "destroy" globes...

Instead...

I can only think of 1 way to eliminate all these side effects once and for all:

Globe does NOT block friendly fire at all.

Points like these were made in the first Frost rework mega thread after DE gave the first details of the rework, and the 4 globe system with no duration. It was pretty mixed, but a lot of people disliked it because we were able to foresee a lot of these issues you brought up, because a lot of us use Frost for more than just defense missions, and these issues were glaringly obvious. Sure, these changes make next to no negative effect for a defense mission, but one of the points of the rework was to make Frost more than just "the defense guy". 

Trolls will be trolls - and players doing stupid things with little regard to everyone else happens pretty much every pub mission you go in. Just another reason why a lot of experienced players like myself stay away from pubs. It's either solo or with friends. I'd rather enjoy playing with the time I do get, than be frustrated by the stupid decisions of people that have no forethought or regard to their team mates. 

I agree, the best and easiest fix would be for the globe to not stop friendly fire at all. +1

Its not New, its old.

And what issues are those? Globe is fantastic without duration

not liking the new sno globe it's $&*&*#(%& and the old one with its duration timer is much better and shouldn't have been touched.

You sir have been modding your frost wrong the whole time. Go max strength now and be AMAZED. Get max damage while knowing you protected your squad from bullets the whole time.