Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Boss Concept] Alad Vi

Camaclue42

Alad VI, the son of the infamous Alad V, has taken over his father's business of tearing apart Warframes and has come across a new, dangerous innovation - reverse-engineering Tenno weapons. Now you must stop him before he mass-produces these anti-Tenno tools to those who wish to destroy us the most. 

Alad VI Deets

Alad VI looks more youthful than his father, lacking the paler flesh and skin markings of his father. He is distinguished by his long black hair, tied up in a ponytail, as well as his sunglasses, his white suit, and red gloves. His voice has less of a robotic sound compared to other Corpus, and has a more laid back, overconfident tone. His weapons of choice include a personalized Nikana that can unleash sword waves much like Excalibur's Exalted Blade on a critical hit, two fully automatic pistols with large magazines, and his two Zanukas, "Tigre" and "Brut". He also can utilize some Warframe abilities, albeit in his own twisted way.

On defeat, Alad VI will usually drop rare resources found from other planets, such as Modules, Morphics, Transistors, etc. He will also drop blueprints for his melee weapon, the Neon Nikana

Boss Location Deets

Alad VI is located on Venus, but like Vay Hek, he is locked behind a MR restriction, that being players MR 6 or higher. He does not replace the Jackal. His tileset would be a Corpus club, which will be discussed further in a thread about that tileset. His location is always a large, open dance floor with an overhead room where he watches you fight his Zanukas. Once he is defeated, the exit is either back where you came from or the elevator up to his viewing room.

Alad VI's abilities

Ability 1: Prism Ball

Alad VI releases a ball, which unleashes an array of lasers that damage Tenno. It can be destroyed, but doing so will make it explode, damaging and blinding anyone near it.

Ability 2: Flak Magnet

Alad VI creates an orb around himself, resisting damage while attracting all bullets that fly near him. At the end of the duration, the bullets are thrown back at the Tenno, dealing bonus damage

Ability 3: Plasma Blade

Alad VI dashes to the closest Tenno and slashes them with his blade, dealing a guaranteed Red Crit.

Ability 4: Rampage

Alad VI temporarily becomes invincible and heals a percent of health, but only uses his sword. While under Rampage, Corpus troops begin to spawn. This ability is only utilized when Alad VI reaches 50% health or less. He WILL immediately use it if he takes too much damage too quickly.

Tigre's Abilities

Ability 1: Copy/Paste

Tigre creates 4 copies of itself. Each copy deals 25% of Tigre's damage.

Ability 2: Burning Coals

Tigre flames up, increasing move speed and damaging Tenno who come too close.

Brut's Abilities

Ability 1: Pounce

Brut leaps onto a Tenno, dealing damage and causing a bleed effect

Ability 2: Roar

Brut roars, slowing down anyone in the vicinity

The Neon Nikana

Mastery Level: 6

Attack Speed: 0.9

Physical Damage: 55

Impact: 3

Puncture: 6.45

Slash: 41.55

Crit Chance: 30%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0

Status Chance: 10%

Polarities: V D

Special effect: creates a wave of energy on a critical hit. The wave deals the base damage, not the critical damage.

Lotus Quotes

Alad VI has continued his father's work, twisting and molding our weapons to be used against us. He must be stopped before these new weapons are mass produced and used against us.

Like his father before him, Alad VI wants to use our technology to his benefit. That is why you are in his personal club. Find him, and end his thirst for power, once and for all.

This Corpus club doubles as Alad VI's private labs. Destroy his "pets", but be careful. He has already reverse engineered several Tenno tools and would gladly use them to stop anyone who gets in his way.

Alad VI is backed by two Zanuka prototypes. Nicknamed "Tigre" and "Brut", they are brutal, dangerous, and empowered by the same technology that powers your Warframes. Kill them and you will gain access to the mastermind himself.

Alad VI quotes

Pre-Battle:

Well, well, well. If it isn't the Tenno. Why do you always have to ruin a good party? Ah, no matter, just cut through my goons and get over here already.

Oh, hey, it's the Tenno. Come on in, I'll order us some drinks. Wait, are you here to kill me? Oh. Shame, too. I would've liked to know you better, ya know, before I turned you into scrap.

Hey, no fighting in the club. This is a family establishment and I won't stand for it. 

I swear, if I had some platinum for every time a Tenno came to crash a party, I think I would've been able to just BUY the weapons I needed instead of taking them from your corpses. Ah, no matter. I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Hey, do me a favor and just let yourself get shot. It saves me the time and money.

Ever wondered what I do while I wait for you to come here? Ya know, other than taunt you? I like to push this little button here, on my desk. It's completely useless, but makes such a satisfying sound. Oh, and you're doomed, yadda yadda.

-then I said "Scammer? I hardly knew her!" Wait, is this thing on? Oh- oh sh-

(rare, usually if you've killed him recently) Oh, back again? Are you here for my money, my loot, or my sword? Because I promise you, you're just gonna get another handle. Or blade. Whichever one you need least. 

Battle:

Intro: Enough small talk. Let's dance!

Are you ready to die?

Come on then, show me what you've got!

Your head is gonna be a nice addition to my collection.

Get a grip and fight me!

I'll take your weapons, one way or another.

What are you waiting for?

Strike while the iron is hot!

I can keep going all night!

My dad was soft, like a jellyfish. I ain't no jellyfish, Tenno.

And now an image, thanks to the skilled Evergreenmind

MBHVqwJ.png

Edited by Camaclue42

I think the neon Nikana might be a little strong, since 45% base-Crit will make it crit most of the times, turning it into a weaker, but free perma-exalted blade and granting exceptional AoE-capabilities. Though I totally agree it should be a crit-based weapon. Maybe tone the Crit-Chance down to 25-30% to be in line with other top-tier-critmelees. 

A great concept otherwise, I like the idea of a club-tileset! 

I think the neon Nikana might be a little strong, since 45% base-Crit will make it crit most of the times, turning it into a weaker, but free perma-exalted blade and granting exceptional AoE-capabilities. Though I totally agree it should be a crit-based weapon. Maybe tone the Crit-Chance down to 25-30% to be in line with other top-tier-critmelees. 

A great concept otherwise, I like the idea of a club-tileset! 

Toned it down a bit, but it still has a high crit chance.

Toned it down a bit, but it still has a high crit chance.

Well, if you compare it with other crit-melees, I just see: With the blades shooting out, is has the greates hit-area of all melees. That's okay, I guess. But then, it's base-damage is higher than that of any other 3.0-multiplier-melee, _and_ it's crit-chance is higher than each other's. So we have higher chance, bigger area (=more enemies hit) AND higher damage, with no drawback whatsoever. Imagine this with true steel + true punishment (70% chance), berserker, and a blade shooting out on each enemy hit by a critical swing (because crits are not per-swing, but per-hit). That's not balanced.

No, any of Alad's kids needs to have a name that is easily corruptible to some type of salad. Something like Aesar.

Aeser? No, I would say Pato Alad would be much, much better.

I keep editing the Neon Nikana, and now I know why I gave it such a high crit chance.

The majority of melee weapons have low crit chances, and there's only two critical hit modifiers, not enough to reach red crits either. Plus the energy wave effect only deals the base damage, so even though you just critted one guy doesn't mean you just hit a bunch with crits. Plus, it's only applied on-hit, so you can't spam it in thin air.

OK, here's my comments about this:

- Alad having kids sounds a bit odd, maybe some other type of relation would be better like nephew or maybe a mentor-student thing. He would also work as a stand-alone boss as well.

- And a corpus dude with a ponytail? doesn't really fit. Helmet with a decorative cloth/tubes hanging from it is more corpus-themed.

- Dance club sound a bit weird as well, it doesn't fit in Warframe universe. Maybe rethink the tileset, like having it be a factory or a lab with Junior V giving his own spin on it. 

- His weapons are bit all over the place, like does he use high-tech tools, swords, guns or does he rely on his zanukas (where did he even get them). Bosses should have a consistent theme, but this feels like just a mess of utilities that clash with each other.  

Otherwise i like this, sounds kinda cool. Having a flamboyant boss sound fun, i really like like his quotes.

I would actually like to draw him, if you don't mind

(Also; white suit? please tell me it's a 70's disco suit! )

OK, here's my comments about this:

- Alad having kids sounds a bit odd, maybe some other type of relation would be better like nephew or maybe a mentor-student thing. He would also work as a stand-alone boss as well.

- And a corpus dude with a ponytail? doesn't really fit. Helmet with a decorative cloth/tubes hanging from it is more corpus-themed.

- Dance club sound a bit weird as well, it doesn't fit in Warframe universe. Maybe rethink the tileset, like having it be a factory or a lab with Junior V giving his own spin on it. 

- His weapons are bit all over the place, like does he use high-tech tools, swords, guns or does he rely on his zanukas (where did he even get them). Bosses should have a consistent theme, but this feels like just a mess of utilities that clash with each other.  

Otherwise i like this, sounds kinda cool. Having a flamboyant boss sound fun, i really like like his quotes.

I would actually like to draw him, if you don't mind

(Also; white suit? please tell me it's a 70's disco suit! )

-Frohd Beck has a son, plus we don't know if Alad is single or married.

-I suppose wires that look like a ponytail would work.

-Alad VI is eccentric. He likes to party, spend money, and be irresponsible when he's not reverse engineering, mass producing, and selling Tenno weapons

-It's not too far-fetched to say that he inherited some Zanukas from his father. After all, the Corpus always seem to throw Zanukas at whoever annoys them the most, which is fairly often. He primarily uses his Nikana, but when a Tenno is too far to cut, he'll whip out his guns. 

You can draw him. He's slightly based off of The Son from Hotline Miami 2, so if you want inspiration, look it up.

-Frohd Beck has a son, plus we don't know if Alad is single or married.

- But Frohd Bek is Frohd Bek and Alad is Alad. Bek already looks like 40-something with a nagging wife and a mortgage loan. It's easy to think he has kids. Alad on the other hand never seemed like someone who would settle down with someone long enough to have a child, i'm pretty sure he doesn't even like kids, or other people. (But you never know what DE has in store, so let's just run with your idea.)

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a club. Of course corpus would have some high-end clubs with techno music and ridiculously overpriced drinks. Junior's boss theme could even be sometype of futuristic trance/techno banging. 

I also drew something quickly: it's most likely nothing you have in mind, but this is what i imagined when i first read this thread.

MBHVqwJ.png

I totally forgot his glasses!)