Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Why You Don't Use Screen Shake Thread

Aratir

Just as in the past i have to write it down that its very annoying and makes people sick.

With the new secondary Kulstar every shot shakes the screen for you and everyone else near the explosion.

I know you want to show immersion but either allow a screen shake on/off toggle or just don't use it anywhere.

Oh yeah and the huras kubrow stealth attack does this also but its less frequent.

A thousand agreements in my name.

Screen shaking needs to be an option you can turn on/off.

It's hard enough aiming my Lanka's projectile shots with the screen shakes that already occur from abilities and melees.

I did not need more difficulty from people who are using this new secondary..

Edited by MagnusFury

First hand experience in a group with someone using Kulstar and Mirage's hall of mirror. The screen shake so much that I have a headache within a couple seconds. I need an option to turn off this motion sickness inducing feature, or at least put a max threshold in it.

Edited by Angary

• 2 months later...

I just came here after a game of Archwing and a search.

The level of screen shaking when sprinting and afterburning in AW is TERRIBLE. It obviously follows no real world reason or physics, so all I can think is that DE does it because they that think "it looks cool".

You want to mess with my aim maybe? please find another way. The shaking does not make it that much harder to aim, it just makes it harder not to get splitting headaches. I want desperately to play AW, and this just kills its for me.

I have NEVER seen any mention from DE on the topic of screen shaking. What the heck do we have to do in order to at least get a basic response?

I can only partially confirm this issue since I only experience this with my Huras kubrow (not owning Kulstar) but screen shakes are very annoying. Such screen shakes can completely throw off my aim. Furthermore, my kubrow will perform his attack even on enemies I have just killed and it will still activate and shake the screen. Very annoying.

I can only partially confirm this issue since I only experience this with my Huras kubrow (not owning Kulstar) but screen shakes are very annoying. Such screen shakes can completely throw off my aim. Furthermore, my kubrow will perform his attack even on enemies I have just killed and it will still activate and shake the screen. Very annoying.

If DE wants the shaking as a way to make it harder for us to aim, then just decrease weapon accuracy directly instead and reflect that extra inaccuracy by expanding the single dot aiming reticle into a small circle to rapresent extra weapon spread or something. Just ANYTHING other then making the damn screen shake.

Why does no one understand that this kind of thing might only work in a real life situation?

It's a game. My room is not shaking, my physical screen is not shaking, my head is not shaking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness

Why does the game have to violently assault my eyeballs like it does?