Exilus Adapter And Platinum.

Empiren

[Edit]:  Due to the increasingly sad number of people who don't read the OP in it's entirety, I am putting this at the top in hopes of people noticing it: The topic is the price point and worth of platinum items.  I do NOT want it to be free or cost less. I want it to be  worth more so that DE gets those sales people keep claiming they desperately need.

So before I start this I want you to understand where I come from regarding U17's release of the exilus adapter.

A lot of us were led to believe that the slot would let us use utility mods. Since it is right next to the aura slot, the perception is that it would at least be polarized  or free of energy cost.

===================================================================================================

ON the topic. The exilus mod slot is ultimately just DE trying to get people to buy platinum.

>It could have been free on platinum cost.(or at least for bought frames).

>It could have been free on energy cost.

>It could have been polarized for utility mods.

But no. buy forma, buy exilus slots through platinum.

Yes. I know you can make forma. I know it's easily obtainable. The problem is that this exilus stunt was done in the freemium mindset of "well we still have a 20% chance that people will just ignore that and buy it through platinum".

There is something about game developement on free-games that someone said(i can't remember).

"Give a man an option to skip for money, eventually someone will take it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem with that. I feel like if DE actually redid their platinum store then they wouldn't have to pull stunts like this. 

[Examples]
Rhino/Ash are still 375 platinum. The highest price in platinum for the easy to farm. Why?

There are several absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel tier weapons priced right alongside or more than the engdame ones. Why?

Certain components are reasonably priced while a loooot of them are ridiculously expensive. 10 plat for a single orokin cell? What?!!!

==================================================================================================

I feel this would benefit DE's profits and the community's happiness more than another gimmick to put on the frame.

[Example]: "Man I really want to buy that rhino, but it's so expensive so I'll pass." 

[Explanation]If people are hesitant to buy platinum already(because it's expensive without 50-75% coupons), then having even more barriers by overpricing items compared to their use is another turnoff.  I have noticed a lot of devs are not great with economics so I think that they should reevaluate the "price point" people would buy X or Y items now.

+ This also goes for the basic cost of platinum and the coupon system. 

Well that's my two cents.

Edit: Yes. I own rhino. I have since U7. I'm not wanting to buy him and am pestering DE to lower the prices. This is just an example I put up there to show the concept.

+++++++++
Responses:
+++++++++

"You can make it for free"
-The fact that you can make it for free does not change the fact of why it was made and what I feel DE should be doing instead.

2 more "It's also to be made for free"

- I did not state nor imply otherwise.

2 of: "You can't assume DE meant to do this"

-I can. There is no other explaination for DE pricing this as platinum. Please either provide one or do not repeat yourself.

Edited by Empiren

I don't know if you watched the dev stream discussing the utility slot but I never got the impression that you'd get a free slot in any sense of the word.

All you need to do is rng yourself the Natah quest and afterwards scan stuff for Simaris. You are not forced to pay platinum for it.

You can make it for free tho

I don't know if you watched the dev stream discussing the utility slot but I never got the impression that you'd get a free slot in any sense of the word.

All you need to do is rng yourself the Natah quest and afterwards scan stuff for Simaris. You are not forced to pay platinum for it.

still it's just another slot, with the exeption that you can't fit every mod on... it should at least be free of energy cost...

You can make it for free tho

Well lets take that and apply it.

I make a new item. "XYZ"

0.000005% drop chance.

It's still free. but you can pay 5 platinum to get it.

[Now obviously this is an extreme] But the fact that it is eventually free does not change the problem of why it was made and what DE should be doing instead.

This seems like a topic made by a person reluctant (or unwilling?) to actually understand a concept before posting about it? Everything written by the OP is nonsense apart from the statement (apparently made by somebody else) that platinum is a shortcut to avoid spending time grinding in-game most likely because your available gaming time is limited.

Always remember: The only heroes in Warframe are the players buying platinum. They make the game happen, they make sure the developers are continually getting paid and that the game remains opens and evolving.

Those who do not are simply freeloaders who contribute nothing to the game.

Well lets take that and apply it.

I make a new item. "XYZ"

0.000005% drop chance.

It's still free. but you can pay 5 platinum to get it.

[Now obviously this is an extreme] But the fact that it is eventually free does not change the problem of why it was made and what DE should be doing instead.

What problem? How is this a problem? It's literally something you can get for free and you're just trying to explain that you can get it with platinum instead

What problem? How is this a problem? It's literally something you can get for free and you're just trying to explain that you can get it with platinum instead

I've already responded as to why it is a problem in my OP. Please read that, I feel like repeating myself for everyone who states "well you can eventually get it for free" and does not understand the economic side of things is a waste.

---------in the spirit of community i will try again---------------

Dev introduces X

X has a 0.000000005% drop rate.

X is also available for 100 platinum.

Now if you want X technically you can get it for free. You can. There is a 0.00000005% drop rate. However  the incentive is to just buy it for platinum. 

[Now of course this is an extreme example]

But the point is that instead of saying 'well it's free" you should look at the item through what the mindset of the developer was.

DE needs money, and I think this was a poor choice  compared to just redoing the shop or making it a more reasonable purchase.(from both the free and platinum side of things.)

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed provoking posts

A lot of us were led to believe that the slot would let us use utility mods. Since it is right next to the aura slot, the perception is that it would at least be polarized  or free of cost.

This was clearly explained in the last devstream.

ON the topic. The exilus mod slot is ultimately just DE trying to get people to buy platinum.

>It could have been free on platinum cost.(or at least for bought frames).

>It could have been free on energy cost.

>It could have been polarized for utility mods.

1.Like many things in the game, it is free of Platinum cost if you are willing to farm. This is the basis of the cash system that DE uses.

2. It could have, but why? Energy cost is easily overcome with easily obtainable forma. If you want to max your gear, it will take more time and effort. As the tenno become more powerful there should be a cost for that power.

3. Refer to 2

Yes. I know you can make forma. I know it's easily obtainable. The problem is that this exilus stunt was done in the freemium mindset of "well we still have a 20% chance that people will just ignore that and buy it through platinum".

Well yah, This is how free to play games stay above water. Again, the item is farmable without the use of plat, but if you want to save yourself some time then buy it for 20 plat, which by the way is one of the cheapest items in the store.

Problem with that. I feel like if DE actually redid their platinum store then they wouldn't have to pull stunts like this. 

[Examples]
Rhino/Ash are still 375 platinum. The highest price in platinum for the easy to farm. Why?

There are several absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel tier weapons priced right alongside or more than the engdame ones. Why?

Certain components are reasonably priced while a loooot of them are ridiculously expensive. 10 plat for a single orokin cell? What?!!!

While I agree that some of the pricing could be redone, I don't see these things as being related. 20 plat is the same cost as a reactors, catalysts, and forma. All of which serve a similar function in that they allow you to add power to your gear. Also 20 plat seems pretty reasonable and is easily achieved through (shudders) trade chat.

I feel this would benefit DE's profits and the community's happiness more than another gimmick to put on the frame.

[Example]: "Man I really want to buy that rhino, but it's so expensive so I'll pass." 

[Explanation]If people are hesitant to buy platinum already(because it's expensive without 50-75% coupons), then having even more barriers by overpricing items compared to their use is another turnoff.  I have noticed a lot of devs are not great with economics so I think that they should reevaluate the "price point" people would buy X or Y items now.

+ This also goes for the basic cost of platinum and the coupon system. 

Unrelated issues are unrelated.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

just a massive time wall and not perfekt use of the slot as 

1. It costs ENERGY

2. not be able to forma

3. no augment mods can be used

still it only needs a forma and like 3 days at all (buying at simaris?)

and btw u dont need it so often as you should not have every frame x10 so atm its maybe 20+(?) to get at all if you want it ;)

X has a 0.000000005% drop rate.

X actually has a 100% drop rate. You get the blueprint from Simaris. You're putting this into the wild assumption that it's something difficult to get. You don't need to buy platinum in order to obtain platinum, by the way. Everything you're saying right now is just to think that DE is trying to pigeonhole us into buying platinum in order to obtain the Exilus Adapter. 

Stop trying to throw so many "arguments" into one because it's doing you no good.

Edited by Xiusa

This was clearly explained in the last devstream.

1.Like many things in the game, it is free of Platinum cost if you are willing to farm. This is the basis of the cash system that DE uses.

2. It could have, but why? Energy cost is easily overcome with easily obtainable forma. If you want to max your gear, it will take more time and effort. As the tenno become more powerful there should be a cost for that power.

3. Refer to 2

Well yah, This is how free to play games stay above water. Again, the item is farmable without the use of plat, but if you want to save yourself some time then buy it for 20 plat, which by the way is one of the cheapest items in the store.

While I agree that some of the pricing could be redone, I don't see these things as being related. 20 plat is the same cost as a reactors, catalysts, and forma. All of which serve a similar function in that they allow you to add power to your gear. Also 20 plat seems pretty reasonable and is easily achieved through (shudders) trade chat.

1. I never stated it was platinum only. Irrelevant point.

2. Why? Because DE did this for money, not the betterment of the game.

3. ok, I did.

I already addressed the issue of better ways to obtain the money DE wants.  #1 make it a better option when bought/made #2 fix the shop prices.

"Why it was made"-

Now, see, stop right there. The moment you made an assumption as to what DE was thinking when they released this, your entire argument fell apart like a house made of no shield, no Vitality Vauban.

You don't get to say what they did or didn't intend.

You did not state that you disagree or why, but simply want to dismiss my post. Ok? And?

X actually has a 100% drop rate. You get the blueprint from Simaris. You're putting this into the wild assumption that it's something difficult to get. You don't need to buy platinum in order to obtain platinum, by the way. Everything you're saying right now is just to think that DE is trying to pigeonhole us into buying platinum in order to obtain the Exilus Adapter. 

Stop trying to throw so many "arguments" into one because it's doing you no good.

Holy hell.just explained  2 times that it was an extreme example and because YOU didn't get the concept.

I just. Ugh. waste of my time explaining this to you. You clearly don't understand basic economics.

I know that. I'm saying you don't necessarily need to buy platinum in order to obtain it.

No one stated differently. You seem to not understand that nowhere  in my OP did I state it was platinum only, NO ONE stated that platinum only.

Really, Idk what to say. All your post are just not getting what the other person has said.

Edited by [DE]Danielle

I feel like the market prices are so high because it sets the tone for new players. Paying 60 plat for a boltor prime is painless when your reference is a boltor costing 200-300 from market. DE may not be greasy, but free to pay is one of the greasiest video game business practices out there. Reading about these adapters, I'm not surprised at all. Annoyed yes (50k rep from simarias per frame nty) , but not surprised.

Why would i buy Marelok for 125, AkBolto for 225, Gammacor for 200, Dual Cestra for 225, Ballistica for 240 or Castanas for 175 if i can take the syndicate ones for 25 - 40 plat from players ??

and we all just craft the ones we're not keeping we won't waste plat on something you'll sell after reaching lvl 30

i said this just to show another point of what makes this plat system so blowed : /

well people shouldn't sell something that takes many days of work for so cheap but ppl who don't have plat will do anything for so few so lets just don't discuss this here..

lets stay at the market items

Marelok (so OP wep, one of best secondaries) cost 125 plat at market

VS

Atomos (so cr4ppy wep) cost 200 plat at market...

Kraken (another Terrible wep) cost 120 plat (5 plat difference with Marelok)

Boltor, Grinlok, Kohm (very good primaries) 150 plat.

VS

Hind, Miter, Panthera 225 plat...

Jat Kittag, Tipedo 125

VS

Ether Reaper 230

Skanna 150 (yeah skanna is more expensive than one of the best DPS melee tipedo and CC melee Jat Kittag)

Excalibure (easy boss but need time to unlock alone without anyone to taxi you) 75 plat.

VS

Rhino (avaliable at second boss) 375 plat

Oberon (avaliable everywhere from Eximus) 325 plat

Saryn (same case as Excal) 225 plat

Nova (same case as Excal but faster unlocking when alone) 375 plat

i think plat costs should be looked again, maybe good euipement with low prices reuire higher rank but still, as they are OP both high rank and a resonable price for it's trength should be looked, otherwise DE should explain how they decide prices...

Oh I forgot this:

DE made X to gain money.

They could gain more money by changing X and Y.

Relevant

I feel like the market prices are so high because it sets the tone for new players. Paying 60 plat for a boltor prime is painless when your reference is a boltor costing 200-300 from market. DE may not be greasy, but free to pay is one of the greasiest video game business practices out there. Reading about these adapters, I'm not surprised at all. Annoyed yes (50k rep from simarias per frame nty) , but not surprised.

DE is clearly not a greasy company. But at the same time these decisions could be handled with more care and it would definitely benefit DE..

Edited by Empiren

If you are far along enough to be able to use it, you should be able to afford the costs. it can be done slowly.

If you want ALL your frames to access the slot NOW then that's something else...

You can't assume that DE created it to make sure people buy the adapters because, it's not for everyone.

The hidden costs of the adapter are the clue that you can't just start the game, buy a ton of plat and unlock a slot for your frame. >_<

It's not a potato that has an immediate effect on your frame.

It's not a forma that you can easily obtain and craft then overwrite based on the current trends.

It's a step beyond both.

Analogy for that would be working on 1$/month salary in a world where bread costs 10$ and gentlemans from mafia can give you 10k $ just for a small service for them. Who wouldnt do a small service??

Ofc that wouldnt be the problem right??

Edited by Davoodoo

Exactly.

I don't have to, because I'm not replying to an actual argument. I'm replying to a conspiracy theory that has no evidence. The statement "DE did X to make people buy plat" is not a factual statement, because it is not supported by proof, and honestly cannot even be determined by some random player who isn't even on the dev team; therefore, it can be dismissed out of hand. It is tinfoil. Pure and simple.

Now, [citation needed]... for this thread to have a point. At all.

Yeah you don't understand economics. This is basic stuff too.

DE priced X at time vs. platinum cost.

Therefore the intention was to get people to buy platinum by weighing the cost.

I cannot fathom how you don't understand what the current platinum system is and how it works, but that's not my concern. I've addressed your response more than enough.

If you are far along enough to be able to use it, you should be able to afford the costs. it can be done slowly.

If you want ALL your frames to access the slot NOW then that's something else...

You can't assume that DE created it to make sure people buy the adapters because, it's not for everyone.

The hidden costs of the adapter are the clue that you can't just start the game, buy a ton of plat and unlock a slot for your frame. >_<

It's not a potato that has an immediate effect on your frame.

It's not a forma that you can easily obtain and craft then overwrite based on the current trends.

It's a step beyond both.

>Ok.

>Well yeah.

> I can assume this. It cost platinum. What other reason is there for things to cost platinum other than to benefit DE's sales?

Uh..

>And.......?

>Not really.

The slot itself is and what it does is not the topic. It's the design and pricing.

I need to say.. this exilus slot drives me crazy.. I have 2 main trinity builds, 1 ev build and 1 blessing build, both are essential and cant be changed, they are perfect, atm i have 4 formas in her, 0 pts in my ev build left and 9 pts in my blessing build, now if i want to put a maxed utility mod (12pts) in the exilus slot i need 2 more formas for ev build but would F*** up my blessing build.. trinity is not the only frame where we encounter this problem.. Please DE look over the mod point cost of the utility mods, maybe just make them use up half the mod pts if they are set into the exilus slot instead of a main slot, this would help out many top builds

I need to say.. this exilus slot drives me crazy.. I have 2 main trinity builds, 1 ev build and 1 blessing build, both are essential and cant be changed, they are perfect, atm i have 4 formas in her, 0 pts in my ev build left and 9 pts in my blessing build, now if i want to put a maxed utility mod (12pts) in the exilus slot i need 2 more formas for ev build but would F*** up my blessing build.. trinity is not the only frame where we encounter this problem.. Please DE look over the mod point cost of the utility mods, maybe just make them use up half the mod pts if they are set into the exilus slot instead of a main slot, this would help out many top builds

I think that the non-inclusion in paid frames as well as the basically blank slot is a bit much for the cost it takes to get.

But again, this is taking into account that DE is hoping for people to spend that 20 platinum.