Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Adapter And Platinum.

Empiren

Problem is trying to get money without putting work into making something that ppl would want to buy.

And normally DE does a pretty good job with their content. It's just that with this slot you'd have to go through at least 2-3 "hey do you want to pay to skip" windows before it even becomes useful.

Also, the shop changing would bring DE a lot more money than the way it is now(horribly outdated).

It's no different than a Potato. you dont NEED to potato your warframe. But you can choose to for 20p. Likewise, you dont NEED a utility slot in your frame (you've got along just fine without one for 2+ years now). But if you really want one, 20p.

So I ask again, what's the problem?

Well lets take that and apply it.

I make a new item. "XYZ"

0.000005% drop chance.

It's still free. but you can pay 5 platinum to get it.

[Now obviously this is an extreme] But the fact that it is eventually free does not change the problem of why it was made and what DE should be doing instead.

There is a slight time sink to get more of them, but it's a terrible analogy when you compare it to something like a rare level drop from Stalker.

Something something "I think I know how economics works, which means I can read DE's minds. I don't like the Exilus slot and think it's gimmicky,  but I wanted my stuff for free, therefore making it an unlock must be a ploy to make money."

Your OP seems to be claiming that DE is setting the cost of Exilus at a point that makes people want to buy it for plat. And then a few paragraphs later... complains that market prices are too high. Which is it? They're mutually exclusive. 20p is not insignificant to a lot of players. It's still 20p cheaper to farm the Exilus the way it's intended to be obtained, slowly as an endgame progression reward or as a bonus for your favorite warframes. If it were really a cash grab, they would have made it 5p and kept the build cost as it is, making it objectively easier to sell some random piece of crap mod and buy one. As for the cost itself, it may be tweaked in the coming weeks.

The "explanation" for why it's available in the market for plat? Because everything else short of prime parts is. That's the point. The market is "pay to lazy", i.e., pay to skip grinding. If it were not in the market at all, those who have plenty of money and very little time would not be happy. As it is, they have an option, and the rest of us have an option. See? I have a perfectly simple line of reasoning here that's free of the tinfoil hat conspiracies in your "only explanation".

If you think the market prices are horribly imbalanced - yes, they are. Obviously, the prices need a rework. But if that's your actual point, then make a thread about that, instead of going on on some wild tangent about how the Exilus slot is a plat grab because it wasn't exactly what you wanted it to be.

Otherwise? The drop chance is still 100%. With a minimum of three days prep time. Unless you want to Exilus every warframe within a week, this is steep but not entirely unreasonable.

Trust me, you don't need a utility slot (at least it is not game-changing)

you just want it

most of the build don't just have not enough slots for utility, but also not enough points

You can forma to get extra points to use, you pay effort on forma-ing to get more points

So why can't you pay effort on unlocking a slot?

===

Market price is another issue

What I interpreted for the stupidly high prince for some items (like orokin cells) is "Fools, if you have time, don't buy it in the market, go and play the game"

The "explanation" for why it's available in the market for plat? Because everything else short of prime parts is. That's the point. The market is "pay to lazy", i.e., pay to skip grinding. If it were not in the market at all, those who have plenty of money and very little time would not be happy. As it is, they have an option, and the rest of us have an option. See? I have a perfectly simple line of reasoning here that's free of the tinfoil hat conspiracies in your "only explanation".

If you think the market prices are horribly imbalanced - yes, they are. Obviously, the prices need a rework. But if that's your actual point, then make a thread about that, instead of going on on some wild tangent about how the Exilus slot is a plat grab because it wasn't exactly what you wanted it to be.

and this^

I scrolled through the last few replies, but I just have to say.

If you think DE released the Exilus slot for money, please go look at Prime Access first.

If DE specifically wanted money from you instead of them actually caving in to the thousands hundreds of players demanding for more warframe slots in general, they could've easily made it 500 platinum and made it 125,000 standing.

As you put it, this would be an extreme case, nobody in their right minds would spend 500 platinum on this one extra slot, and 125,000 standing is abhorrent in every aspect considering that's the cap on Simaris standing.

The Exilus slot is a product of (from what I understand) mostly people wanting more mod slots but also people  saying "this and this and this mod are underused, if we did this, maybe people would use them".

As it stands, I still won't use a Thief's Wit in that slot, even if I could fit it.

Again, I restate.

This is nowhere near a cash-grab as it's completely and reasonably priced and the slot is working as it should be working. At no point was it stated or promised that this mod slot would be openly available on all warframes, free-to-use with no mod cost whatsoever, or have no negative effects on your meta warframe builds.

Edited by EirwynTelyn

This is nowhere near a cash-grab as it's completely and reasonably priced and the slot is working as it should be working. At no point was it stated or promised that this mod slot would be openly available on all warframes, free-to-use with no mod cost whatsoever, or have no negative effects on your meta warframe builds.

I will mildly dispute this on one point - the price of crafting. Three forma to actually make it and then work it into a build is a bit steep considering the craft time on forma; if the cost is reduced to one or none, OR the craft time on forma is halved or quartered, then it's perfectly reasonable. Although I don't like that it uses argon crystals - not because argon is difficult to get, but because it's annoying to get and keep due to the decay. But that, as far as I'm concerned, is an issue with argon and forma, not with the cost of Exilus.

Powerfull ?? Definitly not..

The Atomos can carry you to 40 in T3 or T4 by itself. It will just absolutely massacre everything in the Star Map.

It can pretty much solo derelict missions for you, especially defenses; you don't even have to aim.

That mod you are talking about is essential, yes, but you can get that mod in about 15 minutes of farming.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I'm glad it comes without a polarity tbh.  Sure it means I may need to polarize another slot in order to have enough mod capacity, but the Utility mods aren't all naramon and I'd be more annoyed if it defaulted to that and we had to blow a forma on removing the polarity.

It's no different than a Potato. you dont NEED to potato your warframe. But you can choose to for 20p. Likewise, you dont NEED a utility slot in your frame (you've got along just fine without one for 2+ years now). But if you really want one, 20p.

So I ask again, what's the problem?

Yes until now.. now this slot is essential for fast movement and if u say im wrong i am not im actually using 3 frames with exilus and max ice spring bullet jump mod and it IS a pain to play without

The Atomos can carry you to 40 in T3 or T4 by itself. It will just absolutely massacre everything in the Star Map.

It can pretty much solo derelict missions for you, especially defenses; you don't even have to aim.

That mod you are talking about is essential, yes, but you can get that mod in about 15 minutes of farming.

It can.. still its not about the original theme here and also its a top but not the best secondary in high levels against armored targets it does a S#&$ dmg and burns through its ammo like nothing

Exactly.

I don't have to, because I'm not replying to an actual argument. I'm replying to a conspiracy theory that has no evidence. The statement "DE did X to make people buy plat" is not a factual statement, because it is not supported by proof, and honestly cannot even be determined by some random player who isn't even on the dev team; therefore, it can be dismissed out of hand. It is tinfoil. Pure and simple.

Now, [citation needed]... for this thread to have a point. At all.

Come on now, he does have some merit and he even has some solutions that I think could be quite viable and helpful to the game overall. 

Passing someone off as a "conspiracy theorist" is not even attempting to combat their argument. Frankly it is hurtful.

I will mildly dispute this on one point - the price of crafting. Three forma to actually make it and then work it into a build is a bit steep considering the craft time on forma; if the cost is reduced to one or none, OR the craft time on forma is halved or quartered, then it's perfectly reasonable.

Yeah, true, but remember; one of their long-term plans is to set it up so that you can have multiple forma or other items building at the same time. Foundry 2.0 is an objective, just not something they've got around to making yet. *shrugs*

Yeah, true, but remember; one of their long-term plans is to set it up so that you can have multiple forma or other items building at the same time. Foundry 2.0 is an objective, just not something they've got around to making yet. *shrugs*

Which you got no guarantee that they not gonna monitize this upgrade just like they did with incubator.

It wouldnt be too hard to implement so most probable answer of why we didnt get it yet is experimenting on how to monetize it without causing too much backlash.

Then incubator upgrade is pretty S#&$ty so i wouldnt expect it to be any good.

Come on now, he does have some merit and he even has some solutions that I think could be quite viable and helpful to the game overall. 

Passing someone off as a "conspiracy theorist" is not even attempting to combat their argument. Frankly it is hurtful.

So it's "hurtful" to dismiss rash assumptions about [DE], based on unfounded cynicism, even though it discredits the validity of the other points by its very presence in what should be a serious argument.

Okay then.

Yes until now.. now this slot is essential for fast movement and if u say im wrong i am not im actually using 3 frames with exilus and max ice spring bullet jump mod and it IS a pain to play without

Utility mods can be slotted on any slot.

If you NEED to move fast you are going to have to make space.

So it's "hurtful" to dismiss rash assumptions about [DE], based on unfounded cynicism, even though it discredits the validity of the other points by its very presence in what should be a serious argument.

Okay then.

Well money is a serious matter now isn't it?

DE first and foremost is a company. They are out to make money no matter how good they have been so far. The devteam likely will get overruled by the coin counters because of this. Obviously it will affect gameplay and we can see the effects of it quite clearly. 

It is indeed a slippery slope. I have played for a long time and I have seen a trend that is quite concerning. I do think that some of their actions lately have been even more concerning.

I don't think the cynicism is unfounded at all. 

The "it can't happen to us" attitude is a bit naive and frankly a healthy dose of suspicion never hurt anyone.

In my opinion DE is just selling us back a slot they took away from us when they changed the ability system and then limiting it to certain mods that still drain mod points. I don't think that the cost to build it is justified either. In fact, to use the exilus mod slot it will likely require you to re-forma your frame again to fit that single mod.

The fact that the mods that would fit in that slot are typically parkour and other movement mods makes me think that DE might potentially have dumbed down parkour 2.0 just to justify adding a few relevant movement mods to parkour 2.0. I have evidence that supports this as well. Take a look at the devstream where they were showcasing parkour 2.0. They appear to be moving much smoother and much faster than we can with our version. Either they had the mods equipped or they nerfed their version to made mods required for full mobility in our version.

If someone like me came up with that idea, I have no doubt in my mind someone at DE thought of it too. I mean what would people say if they didn't release mods specific to parkour 2.0? 

Surprised this isn't locked yet.

Yes, considering forma is 20p and you can earn one in literally one 15 minute mission and 24 hours of wait time, making this slot cost 20p is kind of hilarious, because it's almost a no-brainer to just buy it with plat because it takes much, much, much longer to get it through gameplay.

No, I'm not suggesting DE deserves money for this, or that it's good business practice, or that people like being "forced" to spend plat or "forced" to grind (hint: no one really is).

Yes, the market should've been fixed a long time ago. The only way to acquire the Boar is through the Rhino pack which is something like 960 plat or something absurd.

While the plat does have to come from somewhere, there are a lot of people who they can get to drop 20 plat, because the price point is low enough to make it an impulse buy. Even if it's throwing good money after bad, or something that a player shouldn't have to spend money on at all anyway, they'll do it because it's easier than actually confronting the issue head-on.

The bottom line is that the slot is either a waste of time or money, except for people with tons of plat just left over from previous purchases and nothing to spend it on, or something like that.

Milking a player that will pay is much easier than converting non-paying players to paying ones, sadly. Check some statistics about it.

Milking a player that will pay is much easier than converting non-paying players to paying ones, sadly. Check some statistics about it.

I agree(with the other stuff too), however if this added it's own Exilus polarity or even made it free of cost, you'd turn it into another "forma" goldmine for DE.

Yeah, it would almost be "mandatory" but it would also benefit the playerbase AND DE.